OCCRA
Go to Post The future is being developed by FIRSTers! - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy > Scouting
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Lead Developer - ThunderScout
AKA: Luke Myers
FRC #0980 (Thunderbots)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2016
19lmyers is just really nice19lmyers is just really nice19lmyers is just really nice19lmyers is just really nice
Introducing my team's (in development) scouting app, ThunderScout

Hello Chief Delphi!
For the last six months I've been coding a scouting app for the team I'm a student on, Team 980 Thunderbots. I've decided to share it with the FIRST community in hopes that it helps people scout.

I present: THUNDERSCOUT (picture)
(note that the interface has changed since that screenshot)

It's designed to function modularly. It has the ability to scout matches before saving them either to the local device or sending it via Bluetooth to another device running the app as a Bluetooth server.

In a later version I'll be adding the ability to send your data in real time to Google Sheets (every match, not just a single export).

I'm currently working on redesigning the UI for viewing the data stored on the device, and the home screen UI.

I plan to release a beta in 2017 while I finalize the data structure for the 2017 game before releasing the app on the Play Store in time for competition events. Consider this the beginning of the "alpha" period

It's also open source and available on GitHub: https://github.com/Team980/ThunderScout-Android

Here is an APK of where it's at right now

My team's mentors and fellow students have all said really good things about the app, and I'd love to hear your feedback as well. Thanks for reading!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: