OCCRA
Go to Post Because it's a fun challenge. Kind of like Sudoku, but with lexan and evil geniuses. - nathanww [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 4.77 average. Display Modes
  #901   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:24 PM
FRC #1332 (SWIFT)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2006
SEV33RoboMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2011 Game Hint #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibou View Post
The goal shouldn't be to get over 1000 posts. If we did hit 1000 posts and 750 of those were legitimate discussion, I wouldn't have a problem. Doing something for the sake of doing it at the risk of annoying/aggravating a significant amount of others isn't always a good idea.
First of all im being very sarcastic
second do you think i enjoy reading almost 900 post of the same beaten to death information. I agree that no that should not be the goal but with a thread that is already this long and ridiculous with new post of the same beaten and over used information, its not going anywhere anyways. I apologize if my post offended you

Last edited by SEV33RoboMan : 01-06-2011 at 11:37 PM.
  #902   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Onward through the fog.
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV33RoboMan View Post
second do you think i enjoy reading almost 900 post of the same beaten to death information. I agree that no that should not be the goal but with a thread that is already this long and ridiculous with new post of the same information its not going anywhere anyways. I apologize if that offended you
There are ways to post in ChiefDelphi that further discussions and create positive impressions. There are ways to post in ChiefDelphi that do the opposite. Each member makes a decision each time he/she elects to post in a thread. The consequences of choosing not to read through a thread (regardless of the length of it), creates opportunities for redundant, repetitious remarks and shows that a poor choice has been made.

To choose to refrain from posting remarks that hold little value or are useless, shows a respect for the forum and for the discussion. Even though this is a game hint thread, it doesn't have to be filled with useless posts that are carelessly written. If new CD members are looking for something to do, browse CD, read other current threads, and find old ones that cover topics of interest. CD has a vast store of knowledge, information, and wisdom. Add to it.

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 01-07-2011 at 12:36 PM.
  #903   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2011, 12:51 AM
AKA: Fletch
FRC #1126 (SPARX(1126) and Panthers(3181))
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Fletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
There are ways to post in ChiefDelphi that further discussions and create positive impressions. There are ways to post in ChiefDelphi that do the opposite. Each member makes a decision each time he/she elects to post in a thread. The consequences of choosing not to read through a thread, regardless of the length of it, creates opportunities for redundant, repetitious remarks and shows that a poor choice has been made.

To choose to refrain from posting remarks that hold little value or are useless, shows a respect for the forum and for the discussion. Even though this is a game hint thread, it doesn't have to be filled with useless posts that are carelessly written. If new CD members are looking for something to do, browse CD, read other current threads, and find old ones that cover topics of interest. CD has a vast store of knowledge, information, and wisdom. Add to it.

Jane
very well stated Jane!
<18-??: FRC1126> <15-??: FRC3181> <12-14: FRC0073> <11-12: FRC3555> <09-10: FRC0809>
Volunteer:
<FTAA> <CSA> <Scorekeeper> <Robot Inspector> <and many more...>
2018 Tour:
NYUT[CSA] > CTWAT[FTAA] > NYRO[CSA] > DetCMP[maybe...?]
  #904   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:04 AM
FRC #1306

Necromonger is a jewel in the roughNecromonger is a jewel in the roughNecromonger is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: 2011 Game Hint #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team#2057-Vegas View Post
interesting as well.. but at the same time we had a space thing 2 years ago and we know USFirst isn't going to repeat that soon, are they? Let's all start researching that list a little more..
I just had a eureka moment. The space thing 2 years ago along with the grand conjunction got me thinking.... what if it's a combination of lunacy and the tetra loading game? Especially now that the second game hint has been released (FIRST logo) I have a feeling that geometry and sorting are somehow involved. This is the best I've got so far. A game with a lunacy style floor and things you need to sort?
  #905   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Steel is love. Steel is life.
AKA: Kara Bakowski
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)

Rookie Year: 2008
Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV33RoboMan View Post
second do you think i enjoy reading almost 900 post of the same beaten to death information. I agree that no that should not be the goal but with a thread that is already this long and ridiculous with new post of the same beaten and over used information, its not going anywhere anyways. I apologize if my post offended you
No offense was taken. It was just hard to pick up sarcasm from your post, as is often the case with text communication (not everybody reads every word in the same tone with the same emphasis in every place). Also, as you've probably realized from reading the thread, we're being somewhat flooded with a giant wave of new users. We, the veterans, don't know anything about them, they have no established reputation, and they often have some issues getting into the groove of CD because they don't quite understand what the appropriate mindset is. Since we want them to fit in as soon and as easily as possible, correcting any possible problems in the beginning is the best way to go, and that is what I was trying to do. My apologies.

We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot, and I'm sorry if I've offended you at all in the past few posts. Let's be friends?

(for the record - I've found that the best way to make sarcasm evident is the emoticon, or lightly using italicized text)
FRC 341 (2016-present): Mechanical/build mentor
Volunteer (2010-present): Ramp Riot '18, Brunswick Eruption '18, MAR Springside-Chestnut Hill '16 '18, MAR Hatboro-Horsham B '18, Brunswick Eruption '16 '17, Ramp Riot '15 '16 '17, MidKnight Mayhem '13 '15 '16 '17 '18, MAR Seneca '17, FTC Hat Tricks Qualifier '16, MAR Montgomery '16, MAR Westtown '16 Portcullis Victim, FiM Escanaba District '14 '15, FiM Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, FiM Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...

WMWBS '10 '11
  #906   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2011, 08:29 AM
FRC #1554

LZ Ravanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: 2011 Game Hint #1

Heres what my team got.

The picture was of Little Eva.
In Wall-E, Eve is pronounced Eva.
Wall-E's job was to stack the garbage on top of each other.
That explains hint 2 of the shapes.

BOOM! We are stacking shapes on top of each other.
  #907   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
FRC #0857 (Superior Roboworks) FTC 10723 & 13284 (SnowBots)

Rookie Year: 2007
Christopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond reputeChristopher149 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ Ravanger View Post
Heres what my team got.

That is actually one of the few creative suggestions I've seen.
  #908   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2011, 05:20 PM
AKA: Mr. D (Dick DiPasquale)
FRC #0241 (Pinkerton Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2009
boomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant futureboomergeek has a brilliant future
Smile Re: 2011 Game Hint #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ Ravanger View Post
Heres what my team got.

My guess is we are stacking shapes (#2 clue) on columns (#1 clue) that are on train cars(#1 clue).
  #909   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:42 AM
FRC #0525 (Swartdogs)

Rookie Year: 2009
Tom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
This is the hint that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people start guessing not knowing what it was, and they'll continue to guess forever just because...This is the hint that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend.
I'm glad kick-off is finally here - this tune has been stuck in my head for about three days now...
  #910   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM
AKA: Tom Indelicato, 811 Moderator, Mentor, Parent, ...
FRC #0811 (Cardinals)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2001
Mr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_I View Post
(It's spelled "WALL*E")

EVA == Extra Vehicular Activity

We need a "mini-me" robot to do some "outside of the box" activity (like so many did in 2002).
Holy cow, I was right??
  #911   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Steel is love. Steel is life.
AKA: Kara Bakowski
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)

Rookie Year: 2008
Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_I View Post
Holy cow, I was right??
In a way, so was I o.O (but you were more precise)
FRC 341 (2016-present): Mechanical/build mentor
Volunteer (2010-present): Ramp Riot '18, Brunswick Eruption '18, MAR Springside-Chestnut Hill '16 '18, MAR Hatboro-Horsham B '18, Brunswick Eruption '16 '17, Ramp Riot '15 '16 '17, MidKnight Mayhem '13 '15 '16 '17 '18, MAR Seneca '17, FTC Hat Tricks Qualifier '16, MAR Montgomery '16, MAR Westtown '16 Portcullis Victim, FiM Escanaba District '14 '15, FiM Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, FiM Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...

WMWBS '10 '11
  #912   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 03:27 PM
no team (Volunteer)

Rookie Year: 2007
alectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant futurealectronic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibou View Post
In a way, so was I o.O (but you were more precise)
You got the part about the other programs, good guess!
  #913   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
EE, CpE
AKA: Bryce B.
FRC #0180 (SPAM)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Bryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud ofBryscus has much to be proud of

#899!!
  #914   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Onward through the fog.
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if anyone has but if you get a chance, knowing the game now, this is a fun read. Don't skip any pages though you may be tempted to, there is some good stuff.

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: