OCCRA
Go to Post With one post, Mr. Miller joins the top 0.7% of Chief Delphi, reputation-wise. I think the community supports him. - Taylor [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-26-2018, 11:56 PM
FRC #0395 (2Train Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2014
Delphine is an unknown quantity at this point
Andymark Redline and 57 Sport Pinion

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had trouble mounting the Andymark 57 Sport gearbox pinion on the Andymark Redline motor?

Respectfully,
NRG 948
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-27-2018, 12:11 AM
Never look back, no, never say die
AKA: Always attack with the warrior's cry...
FRC #1293 (Pandamaniacs); FTC #11444 (Garnet Squadron) (Also, CD mod.)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Andymark Redline and 57 Sport Pinion

As it is a press-fit pinion, it does take some careful alignment, support of the backshaft, and use of an arbor press. I did it on both of our RedLines and 57 Sports we ordered, almost wrecking the first one because I didn't have the backshaft supported well enough and the pinion looked like it was on crooked but all worked out. I ended up using the side of a nut to press directly on the backshaft, with the pinion resting on the base of the arbor press.

It made me long for my days at AndyMark using the rudimentary prototype of their new pinion press tool they made out of gear stock, and 1293 promptly ordered one because one trashed RedLine practically pays for it. (Seriously, buy one if you see small-can motors in your future.)

2004-2006: FRC 1293 (D5 Robotics) - Student, Mentor, Coach
2007-2009: FRC 1618 (Capital Robotics) - Mentor, Coach
2009-2013: FRC 2815 (Los Pollos Locos) - Mentor, Coach - Palmetto '09, Peachtree '11, Palmetto '11, Palmetto '12
2010: FRC 1398 (Keenan Robo-Raiders) - Mentor - Palmetto '10
2014-2016: FRC 4901 (Garnet Squadron) - Co-Founder and Head Bot Coach - Orlando '14, SCRIW '16
2017: FRC 5402 (Iron Kings) - Mentor, Coach (oh, and I worked at AndyMark during this time)
2018-: FRC 1293 (Pandamaniacs) - Mentor

114 events (more than will fit in a ChiefDelphi signature), 15 seasons, over 74,500 miles, and still on a mission from Bob.
Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.

Last edited by Billfred : 01-27-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: