OCCRA
Go to Post Now let's get back onto the original topic! :) - Calvin Hartley [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 08:10 AM
AKA: Brick
FRC #1507 (Warlocks)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2013
brickleberry is a glorious beacon of lightbrickleberry is a glorious beacon of lightbrickleberry is a glorious beacon of lightbrickleberry is a glorious beacon of lightbrickleberry is a glorious beacon of light
Re: FedEx Crate Shipment Mishaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by vScourge View Post
Our crate, for 4096 in Champaign, IL was mistakenly sent from Detroit to 1507 in Lockport, NY. FedEx came back the next day and picked it up, and now it's home.
Haven't heard about this but thats pretty funny. We ship our robot from one of our sponsors, Mahle, since that's where we store the crate, which is probably why I haven't heard anything.

2018 FLR Champs with 340 and 3550
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 08:43 AM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

The question is if anyone would happen to receive 254's robot by mistake would they give it back?
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 08:47 AM
Event Ready
AKA: @taylorstem
FRC #3487 (Red Pride Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed View Post
The question is if anyone would happen to receive 254's robot by mistake would they give it back?
That was no mistake.

I mean ... I don't know what you're talking about. What's a robot?
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 10:14 AM
AKA: Bill McClung
FRC #2642 (The Pitt Pirates)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
MrBill252 is a glorious beacon of lightMrBill252 is a glorious beacon of lightMrBill252 is a glorious beacon of lightMrBill252 is a glorious beacon of lightMrBill252 is a glorious beacon of lightMrBill252 is a glorious beacon of light

I've shipped A LOT of stuff with FedEx, but as they say.. Vigilance is price of freedom. I monitor shipments like a HAWK. Phone app, online, all the options..

One year I found out they called to check on an address and I realized they were shipping it back to the SCHOOL not to the competition.

The destination was clearly spelled out on the shiiping documents (properly filled out and attached to the crate and we kept a copy .. always keep a copy)..

They just looked at the wrong adress and started going that way!
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 02:50 PM
Lead Mentor
AKA: Brennon Brimhall
FRC #6844 (Provotypes)

Rookie Year: 2012
brennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
I mean ... I don't know what you're talking about. What's a robot?
But it's not a robot.

Team 20, 2012-2014: 4 blue banners, 5 medals, and 9 team awards.
Missionary, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2014-2016: Colorado Denver South Mission.
Brigham Young University, 2016-present: Computer Science.
Team 6844, 2018-present: 2018 Utah RAS, 2018 Newton/Carver RHS.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 03:02 PM
AKA: Daniel Talbott
FRC #0340 (G.R.R.)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2015
Dan T. is a glorious beacon of lightDan T. is a glorious beacon of lightDan T. is a glorious beacon of lightDan T. is a glorious beacon of lightDan T. is a glorious beacon of lightDan T. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennonbrimhall View Post
It certainly isn't a FIRST robot, hydraulics are banned (0:13)
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 04:15 PM
FRC #6328 (Mechanical Advantage 6328)

Rookie Year: 2016
krbonner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
There was a thread a week or so ago about 3038s crate. https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...d.php?t=165398

The thread was short on details but what I was getting out of it was 3038 took their robot and paid to have their crate destroyed in Detroit. Instead their crate with a robot showed up in Massachusetts and the team where it showed up was trying to figure out whose robot it was.
That was me!

I met the Fedex truck to unload our (6328, yes we're in MA) robot last week, and the crate that came off was labeled 3038 but had our paperwork on it. I had to refuse delivery, and later learned that it wasn't in fact 3038's robot inside - the 3038 crate had been reused by Shephard after 3038 took their robot home uncrated. Still have no idea which robot was actually inside, and I do hope whatever team it was got it back.

At the time, Fedex had no idea where our 6328 crate/robot was, but Fedex and FIRST shipping worked their tails off and located our robot in a Fedex terminal in Ohio a couple days later, and it was returned via overnight shipment only slightly worse for wear (a forklift had poked a hole in the bottom of the crate, and crate had clearly been on it's face at some point - only minor bumps/bruises to the robot itself).

The FIRST logistics person I was working with is continuing to track down exactly where the error happened to prevent future occurrences. Given that our paperwork was actually on the wrong crate, I tend to think it happened within the venue before the crates were loaded onto the Fedex trucks. But I don't know that for certain.

Katie
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2018, 09:32 AM
FRC #6328 (Mechanical Advantage 6328)

Rookie Year: 2016
krbonner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
There was a thread a week or so ago about 3038s crate. https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...d.php?t=165398

The thread was short on details but what I was getting out of it was 3038 took their robot and paid to have their crate destroyed in Detroit. Instead their crate with a robot showed up in Massachusetts and the team where it showed up was trying to figure out whose robot it was.
That was me!

I was at our workspace to receive our robot after Detroit last week, but the crate that FedEx pulled off the truck was clearly painted with 3038 and not ours (6328, yes we're in MA) even though our paperwork was attached. Turns out that 3038 had taken their robot home uncrated, and Shephard used their crate for another team. No idea which team's robot was actually in that crate - I hope they got it back!

In any case, I had to refuse delivery and at the time FIRST and FedEx had no idea where our robot was. The people at FIRST logistics worked hard and were able to locate our robot in, I think, a FedEx terminal in Ohio a couple days later. It was shipped to us overnight and arrived with only minor bumps and bruises.

Given that our paperwork was on the wrong crate, I'm inclined to believe that it was an error within Cobo Center before the crates were loaded on the FedEx trucks. But the FIRST logistics people were continuing to investigate to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

I will say both FIRST and FedEx took the situation very seriously.

Katie
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Don't lay blame. Fix probems.
FRC #1718 (The Fighting Pi)

Rookie Year: 1999
Tom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond repute

Ask Team 469 Las Guerrillas about where their robot was the Thursday of Detroit half champs this year. It wasn't in their pits. In fact I don't believe it was even in the building. They did, however, get it in time to compete.
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 04:07 PM
Broke a hundred!
FRC #0832

Rookie Year: 2005
DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Made me want to paint : IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU'RE FIRED! on the bottom of our crate.
Ed, that might work, except you know as well as I that Material Handlers can't read!

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?
*All comments are mine and do not reprsent my place of employment*
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 04:37 PM
Lead Mentor
FRC #6844 (Provotypes)

brennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond reputebrennonbrimhall has a reputation beyond repute

I've gotten a few folks who have approached me about this issue privately. For those who are interested, we still don't have our robot. Today marks one month since we last had it.

Missionary, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2014-2016: Colorado Denver South Mission.
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Making the 1's and 0's
FRC #1736 (Robot Casserole)

gerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
What's a robot?
I've never been accused of being "reasonably astute"...
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 07:24 PM
4130 Team Captain
AKA: Nick
FRC #4130 (The Blue Devils)
Team Role: Human Player

nick4130 will become famous soon enough

IMO, if you ship your robot in a crate, and want to take it with you, the crate is your responsibility. You have to bring it home with you or you destroy it.

#29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-22-2018, 12:56 AM
FRC #4646 (Team ASAP)
Team Role: Alumni

bobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oops it somehow got recreated in cad before it got sent back how did that happen
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-25-2018, 10:24 AM
Lead Mentor
FRC #6844 (Provotypes)

We finally have our crate back! Many thanks to 6390, as well as those who were involved in getting it through customs.

Here's to hoping that we've all got the right crates and robots now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: