OCCRA
Go to Post Of course just because there is are existing solutions to a problem does not mean there aren't better ones. - dtengineering [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 09:10 PM
FRC #7056
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2018
frcfastteam is a jewel in the roughfrcfastteam is a jewel in the roughfrcfastteam is a jewel in the roughfrcfastteam is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Rookie Team Help Request - Software and License Keys Missing

Good Evening All,

I logged into our account on FirstInspires today to get the licenses for the CAD software we are provided as part of our participating. I guess the website is now refreshed and ready for the upcoming season. Problem is I need to load the CAD software to help teach my students before the next season and also I need the license keys for the LabView and the Drivers station. Can anyone help provide me with these license keys? Any help is greatly appreciated!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 09:27 PM
AKA: אוסטין
no team (WPILib Suite Developer)

Rookie Year: 2008
AustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud ofAustinShalit has much to be proud of
Re: Rookie Team Help Request - Software and License Keys Missing

Are you going to program your robot in LabView? If not, you do not need a license key.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 10:09 PM
Online Stripe & Drape Sales
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frcfastteam View Post
Good Evening All,

I logged into our account on FirstInspires today to get the licenses for the CAD software we are provided as part of our participating. I guess the website is now refreshed and ready for the upcoming season. Problem is I need to load the CAD software to help teach my students before the next season and also I need the license keys for the LabView and the Drivers station. Can anyone help provide me with these license keys? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Which CAD software are you trying to get access to?
Clarke's Laws
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 10:55 PM
I should be at baseball practice
FRC #1836 (The Milkenknights)
Team Role: Mascot

Rookie Year: 2013
marcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond repute

Don't need a license key to get into Onshape

"Once you've concluded that it isn't a code problem, it isn't an electrical problem, and it isn't a mechanical problem, after all that blaming you now have a culture problem."
"Precedence is no excuse for being wrong."
"Aesthetics are great, but not at the expense of functionality."
"An entire team rallied around a potentially wrong decision is better than half a team rallied around the right one. And if that potentially wrong decision ends up being the right one, that unified team will be successful."
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 11:25 PM
Mr. H
FRC #3880 (Tiki Techs)

Rookie Year: 2011
TikiTech has much to be proud ofTikiTech has much to be proud ofTikiTech has much to be proud ofTikiTech has much to be proud ofTikiTech has much to be proud ofTikiTech has much to be proud ofTikiTech has much to be proud ofTikiTech has much to be proud of

I believe there was an expiration to those donated items..

I know that Autodesk has most of their products for educational use. Join the Autodesk Education Community, it is free and the licenses are usually three year. Though you can login and upgrade or get new licenses as needed.

https://www.autodesk.com/education/f...tware/featured

You should email SolidWorks.. They have been good to work with and supplied our program with software as well.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/product...n_products.htm

There are also many good free software available, like mentioned above.

Have fun,

Aloha!
2017 Los Angeles Regional Team Spirit Award | HI Regional Innovation in Control Award
2016 Hopper Division | Orlando Regional Engineering Inspiration Award | HI Regional Chairman's Award & Finalist & Woodie Flowers Finalist
2015 Carson Division | Silicon Valley Regional Engineering Inspiration Award | HI Regional Winners & Engineering Inspiration & Deans List
2014 Newton Division | HI Regional Engineering Inspiration Award & Deans List Finalist
2013 Newton Division | Inland Empire Regional Chairman's Award & Creativity Award | Los Angeles Regional Engineering Inspiration | HI Regional
2012 Curie Division | HI Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2011 Newton Division | HI Regional Winners & Industrial Design Award
_
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:32 AM
FRC #7056

frcfastteam is a jewel in the roughfrcfastteam is a jewel in the roughfrcfastteam is a jewel in the roughfrcfastteam is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for all the help! One more thing does anyone have the link to the LabView installation files for FRC?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:35 AM
AKA: Colby
FRC #1777 (Viking Robotics)
Team Role: Programmer

ColbyG is just really niceColbyG is just really niceColbyG is just really niceColbyG is just really niceColbyG is just really nice

Quote:
Thank you for all the help! One more thing does anyone have the link to the LabView installation files for FRC?
Download the NI Software for FRC first: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-f...-17.0/7185/en/

After that, download the FRC Update Suite: http://www.ni.com/download/first-rob...-2017/7183/en/

2018-current: FRC #1777 Viking Robotics

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 04:08 PM
FRC #5052 (RoboLobos)

Rookie Year: 2014
JeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good Evening All,

https://forums.ni.com/t5/FIRST-Robot...t/ta-p/3734560

I found this by going to www.ni.com/frc and clicking on the Support link.

Call in to 866-511-6285 and they can help you figure out the licensing.

Any thoughts I share are meant to be my interpretation of rules/events/intents. They shouldn't be viewed as anything even approaching an official viewpoint.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: