Go to Post I am a human wiring diagram, how can i help you? - Jeffy [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2018, 11:37 PM
No longer old enough to volunteer
AKA: Jared Hasen-Klein
no team (Volunteer, 1836 Alum, and extreme instigator)

Rookie Year: 2009
jaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond repute
2018 Orange County Regional Scouting Alliance - Team 1836

Hello everyone!

Team 1836: The MilkenKnights is very excited to be back at the Orange County Regional this year. We are proud to announce that we will be hosting a scouting alliance at OCR this year. Last year, we held alliances at Idaho, San Diego, and Champs.

We want to share in the collection of quantitative scouting data to allow more teams access to data, regardless of their personnel situations.

What you provide:
  • 1-2 Scouts for the majority of the event (or more)
  • Phones with cell service for those scouts (if you don't have cells with service, we can provide tablets but we need to know in advance)

What you get:
  1. Database of all of the data collected
  2. Lookup interface in Google Sheets
  3. (Potentially) Slack slash command to lookup data
  4. Meet new people and have fun

If you are interested in joining, or have any questions, please reply to this thread or PM me.

We have yet to finalize our list of what metrics we will be collecting but will post here once we know for certain.

Jared Hasen-Klein
Director of Team Operations, FRC 1836

―――
TEAM 1836: THE MILKENKNIGHTS (Class of 2018)
FB // Twitter // Insta // Snap // GitHub // TBA // Web

FREE ROBOTICS RESOURCES Click here
Admin of: FIRST ROBOTICS NETWORK ON FACEBOOK Click here//How to: FIRST DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION Click here
―――
"I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary." -Billy Joel
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:35 PM
AKA: Brocton Nunns
FRC #6554 (Phoenix)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2015
themightybrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2018 Orange County Regional Scouting Alliance - Team 1836

Phoenix is interested in doing this with you all. This is such a great idea! What program or app will we be using to collect the data?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2018, 09:20 PM

jaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond repute

Hello OC teams!

We just got back from a successful scouting alliance at AZ North! We would love for teams to join our alliance.

Here are the details:

If you have any questions, let me know in this thread, by PM, or jhasenklein [at] gmail [dot] com.

To participate, please head over to this sheet and sign up for whatever time slots you are available. Put the team number on the first line and the name of the scout on the second (if you don’t know the scout name yet, put “TBD”). After that, please type your team number in column K, put your primary email in column L, and put any additional emails (comma separated) in column M.

OVERVIEW
What you provide
Scout what you can. Provide us with as many people as you are able for as much time as you can. We understand that some teams are smaller and people are involved in many different roles at events. That said, we’d like to have a full crew (6 people) at any given time during Qualification matches.
Preferably, scouts can provide their own mobile device with cellular data. We can provide tablets on a minimal basis if we are notified in advance but they do not have cellular so we need to rely on event WiFi or manual data entry.

What you get
All the raw data will be provided to you along with 3 preconfigured sheets for analyzing this data. This integrates with the TBA API* to get you up-to-the-minute match information. You’re also sure to make some friends and have fun along the way!
*TBA API key required. Can be obtained at thebluealliance.com.

DATA COLLECTION
Data will be collected using a Google Form. This year, there is no data we are collecting which requires a custom interface beyond what Google has to offer.

Here’s a list of the metrics we’ll be collecting:
Code:
Prematch
	No show							☑/⬜
Can't Move - Disabled 						☑/⬜
Can't Move - Nonfunctional					☑/⬜
Auto
Cross the line							Yes/No
Cubes in exchange						#
Cubes in own switch						#
Cubes in opponent switch					#
Cubes in scale							#
Teleop
Collect cubes from						Floor☑/⬜	HP☑/⬜ 
Cubes in exchange 						#
Cubes in own switch						#
Cubes in opponent switch					#
Cubes in scale							#
Endgame
What did they do?						Nothing/drive on platform/climb
How many partners did they lift?					None/1/2
We will be taking pictures of all of the robots and those will be made available to you, as well.

There is also an option on your data viewing sheet (info below) to add custom scouting data. This is useful for pit scouting data and any qualitative notes you take on teams.

DATA VIEWING/ANALYSIS
All data is accessible through Google Sheets. Here are the steps required from you:
  1. Make a copy of this sheet (link will be provided to participating teams prior to the event)
  2. Enter your FRC team number, event code (2018azfl = Arizona North), and The Blue Alliance API v3 key (thebluealliance.com/account)
  3. Analyze the data using a suggested configuration or a custom one of your choosing.
We provide three suggested configurations for you to analyze your data:
Code:
Config_compare			Compare up to 6 teams of your choosing
Config_matches			Compare the 6 robots in a given match
Config_single			View all the data available about a single
team
You’ll also find these sheets:
Code:
Raw				View all of the data in the format in which it is collected
Images				Robot images which are pulled up on the configurations
Team Data			Your custom data section
About				The info in this section of this document
CP				Control Panel for you to configure the items listed in Step 2
See screenshots below of each format:
CONFIG_COMPARE

CONFIG_MATCHES

CONFIG_SINGLE

―――

Admin of: FIRST ROBOTICS NETWORK ON FACEBOOK Click here//How to: FIRST DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION Click here
―――
"I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary." -Billy Joel
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 03:48 PM

Lots of teams have expressed interest in joining but have not yet signed up. Please try to get that done in the next couple of days if you are interested.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions about joining.

―――

―――
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Strategy/Rules/Scouting/Volunteer
AKA: Tom Byrne
FRC #5137 (Iron Kodiaks)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2014
Boltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant futureBoltman has a brilliant future

Chris from our team will be joining you (lead scout in SD) I posted your message on our slack so hopefully he signs up soon

Iron Kodiaks Team #5137 San Marcos, CA
2018 Orange County Elimination Alliance (5477.5209) QF
2017 Ventura Captain 3 (8, 3882) QF
2016 Central Valley Captain 2 (973, 2135) SF
2015 Ventura Elimination Alliances (696, 1836) SF
2014 San Diego Rookie All-Star Galileo Division
San Diego (Home regional/practice days) : Not chosen '18 Elimination Alliances:'17 (399, 968) SF ,'16 (1159, 812) SF , '15 (3021, 1772) QF

Volunteer @ Orange County 2016, 2017, 2018 Ventura 2018

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: