OCCRA
Go to Post Downsides: it's highly toxic and recognized as a carcinogen in CA. Upsides: Basically everything else - lethc [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#61   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Detroiter
AKA: Foxy
None #0033
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
Josh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant future
Re: 2016 Carver Subdivision

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaulZan11 View Post
Didn't the exact same thing happen during New England championship semifinals and HQ ruled the match would be replayed?
I'm not familiar with the details of that situation, so I'm afraid I can't comment on any similarities or differences.

Thanks to everyone on Carver for a great competition, and congratulations to the new World Champions! I'm still trying to process 330s double self-right from the semis, let alone what was the most competitive set of finals matches that happened all season.

I'd also like to send a special thanks to our alliance partners:

5924, you folks were a great late pick. Being called upon in such a high pressure situation can't have been easy, but you did everything you could to give us a chance to win, and I know we wish you nothing but the best in the future.

20, being able to snag such a high-caliber team so late in the draft was something that I thought would really give us a fighting chance against anyone, even some very powerful alliances at 1 and 2. Fingers crossed that next time we get to play together goes a bit more smoothly.

1114, I know I personally (and I'm sure just about everyone in FRC would agree) have been wanting to play with you for practically my entire FIRST career. Our alliance had tremendous potential that unfortunately just wasn't quite fully unleashed. Now I can't wait for the next chance we get, and hopefully that chance is sooner rather than later.

Last, and certainly not least, thanks to all of the Carver volunteers. Aside from the aforementioned, for lack of a better term, controversy (which again was handled with a great amount of professionalism and effort to make the right call), the refs, FTAs, and the rest of the crew couldn't have been better.

Until next year, St. Louis. Or maybe Houston? But we all know probably STL because geography.
  #62   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2016, 02:51 AM
Mentor
AKA: Don Gamble
FRC #5924 (The Cat Machine)

Rookie Year: 2016
Dr. Robot is a splendid one to beholdDr. Robot is a splendid one to beholdDr. Robot is a splendid one to beholdDr. Robot is a splendid one to beholdDr. Robot is a splendid one to beholdDr. Robot is a splendid one to beholdDr. Robot is a splendid one to beholdDr. Robot is a splendid one to behold

It was an honor to play with so many incredible teams this year at Champs.

Team 27, we can't thank you enough for giving us the chance to join you, Team 20, and the legendary Team 1114 in eliminations/playoffs. It was an experience our rookie squad can use as a foundation for success in the future, and over the years we can only hope to emulate the professional programs all of you run year in and year out.

A huge congratulations to Teams 330, 2481, 120, and 1086 for winning the last singular world championship! #CarverPride

Team 330, playing with you in our last qualification match, capturing the tower, and getting those 4 ranking points helped teach us what it truly takes to work as a team in a high pressure situation, give it everything you've got, and play hard to (just barely) beat a formidable opponent like the one led by Team 2767 in Q123. You had the entire stadium rocking during Einstein with your ability to "get up off the mat" when you flipped over as well as your "slam dunk" shot while climbing. We hope to come to SoCal in the future to have the chance to team up with you again.

Thank you to ALL of the teams at Champs for such a life-changing experience. With our pit being right on the robot transit path, we were continually mesmerized by the insane variety of high quality robots that passed by on their way to matches, and the creativity expressed by so many teams. I see you guy dressed as a dragon, people clip-cloppin' around with coconuts Monty Python style, full-chain-mail-suit dude, and girl driving the motorized robot cart/chariot.

Finally, a huge amount of gratitude and respect is due to the teams that helped us get started as a rookie team. 2144, 3250, & 4159, thanks for showing us the ropes very early on, and for answering so many of our questions.

254, 1678, and 971, thank you for sharing so much knowledge and expertise with us. Some folks only know you for your epic robots, but we can attest to your significant outreach efforts, and willingness to help teams work to get better.

Have a great offseason everyone. Stronghold was one for the (middle) ages.
----
  #63   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Arteezy_RL
FRC #5980 (East Grand Rapids Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2016
Arteezy_RL is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm mildly frustrated about our bot never breaking down once until the World Championship where encoders got shredded, field carpet got caught in our tracks, our robo-rio kept crashing, our battery somehow shifted and disconnected our arm, among other things and our robot wasn't back to MSC usability until after lunch Friday. But what I am grateful for is having the chance to play either with or against all four world champions. It was a fun Saturday and only wished we could have started FIRST at our school before my senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #64   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2016, 12:17 AM
n.e.r.d #6
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Jon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Carver teams!!! I was one of the referees on Carver this weekend, and the field crew found one of the Chairman's award ribbons from a team standard. If your team is missing their standard ribbon for a Chairman's award, please send me a PM and I will get it shipped back to you ASAP!

Teams that I could find on TBA that won Chairman's this season:

If I missed anyone, I apologize, I just wanted to get a quick list of who won at least a District Event Chairman's Award so that I could narrow down my search!

Alumnus of FLL 2000 ~ Alumnus of FRC173 2002-2005 ~ Mentor of FRC173 2006-2007 ~ Mentor of FRC 3780 2014
FIRST Volunteer since 2003
Manufacturing Manager
AndyMark, Inc.
http://www.andymark.com
  #65   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Mentor, Ex Captain
FRC #5870 (League of Logic)

Rookie Year: 2014
C.Lesco is just really niceC.Lesco is just really niceC.Lesco is just really niceC.Lesco is just really nice

I hope that my teams aggressive triwheel defense bot managed to put some smiles on peoples faces.

Every single match I drove I loved it, even Q3 where we lost a wheel and kept defending then got to the batter. Lifting the front wheels off the ground, blocking shots, that thrash battle Q44, getting stuck in auto.... it was always a great time.

I want to thank everybody for the great experience we had, from the teams who came over to our pit and gasped at our wheels, to the teams who trash talked us on the way to the field and especially the refs who were always very nice and fair to us (sorry for making your job harder)

This event was the best thing in my life in every single way and while I'm sad it's over I'm also extremely happy it happened. Again, I hope we were able to pull some smiles from you guys and I hope to see you all again next year!

(P.S, sorry again for breaking your tracker light team 85, we really didn't mean to)

Rookie Allstar winner North Bay regional 2016 [Team 5870]
Engineering Inspiration Winner Georgian College District 2017 [Team 5870]

Lead Driver 2015 [Team 4814]
Lead Driver 2016 [Team 5870]
Build, Design and Engineering Captain 2016 [Team 5870]
Mentor 2017 [Team 5870]
  #66   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2016, 10:54 AM
AKA: Bobby Van Ness
FRC #0020 (The Rocketeers)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
BobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud ofBobbyVanNess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Lesco View Post
I hope that my teams aggressive triwheel defense bot managed to put some smiles on peoples faces.

Every single match I drove I loved it, even Q3 where we lost a wheel and kept defending then got to the batter. Lifting the front wheels off the ground, blocking shots, that thrash battle Q44, getting stuck in auto.... it was always a great time.

I want to thank everybody for the great experience we had, from the teams who came over to our pit and gasped at our wheels, to the teams who trash talked us on the way to the field and especially the refs who were always very nice and fair to us (sorry for making your job harder)

This event was the best thing in my life in every single way and while I'm sad it's over I'm also extremely happy it happened. Again, I hope we were able to pull some smiles from you guys and I hope to see you all again next year!

(P.S, sorry again for breaking your tracker light team 85, we really didn't mean to)
I absolutely loved the aggression you guys were able to play with while not committing excessive fouls. 5870 definitely had a spot on 20's defense pick list and the number was brought up and considered as our alliances third pick. I'm glad that your team had a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing what 5870 brings to the table in the future!
2015 TVR F, FLR QF, Carson Sub-Division W, IRI
2014 TVR W, FLR W, Archimedes Division QF, IRI
2013 WPI Regional F, Connecticut Regional W, Archimedes Division QF, IRI, Championship and IRI Talent Show Winner

[2013 - 2014] Driver: 82-43
[2016 - Current] Drive Team Mentor: 86-49-1
  #67   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2016, 02:24 PM
AKA: Ledge
FRC #0842 (Falcon Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2001
falconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond reputefalconmaster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to falconmaster

Well it seems that Carver had the right stuff! Congrats to 330, 2481, 120, and 1086!
Thanks to our alliance partners 2767, 4451 , 1058 for joining us in the elimination matches. Hope to see you all in again next year!
  #68   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Operations and Drive Coach
FRC #4607
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2015
LumpofCoal is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick heads up for those that were in Carver division to look out for a black CIS jacket with the name "Wilson" on the side.

This jacket has very valuable corrective dental pieces that I would like to get back. Please if you see or know about this jacket, reply as soon as possible. Thank you for your help and time.
  #69   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Founder of COR Robotics
AKA: Ryan Swanson
no team

Rookie Year: 2013
Ginger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond reputeGinger Power has a reputation beyond repute

4607's Highlights

Sorry this is so late! 4607 had a great time on Carver! I'd like to thank all of our alliance partners that we had throughout the event. I'd especially like to thank our Playoff alliance partners: 503, 359, and 228. You were all incredibly cool people, and I wish we had more time to work together!

I'd also like to apologize to any of the teams whose robots we may have broken. We played aggressive defense, but the intent was never to break anything.

Congratulations to 330, 2481, 120, and 1086! I had the pleasure of speaking with many of you at the event and from the brief interactions I had with everybody, I would say there couldn't have been a nicer and more professional group of teams to win.
  #70   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2016, 07:37 PM
I'm stuck in a suit all day
AKA: Kobe
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Mascot

Rookie Year: 2014
Twepeler is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing I heard was that some members of Blue Cheese (1086) were absolutely shocked that my team was not picked (1529). I think that is one thing that I love about FIRST is that other teams care about you and how you do in these events, it truly is a great thing to see such professionalism from other teams. Also congrats to 330, 2481, 120, and 1086 for making Carver proud and taking home a world championship, we were cheering you guys on the entire time.
  #71   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2016, 09:26 PM
AKA: Tom Pospeshil
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2012
TJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant futureTJP123 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Power View Post
I'd also like to apologize to any of the teams whose robots we may have broken.
That's a t-shirt I'd buy.

I echo the sentiment about working together. The hustle and rush of eliminations is so fast-paced that it didn't really sink in until the next day that we were working with people I read every day on CD... Ginger Power, Chris is me, and of course Glenn Lee who I greatly admire as a coach, and whose team is a role-model to us all. I would have loved the chance to talk more.
  #72   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2016, 01:07 AM
AKA: Dave Tharp
FRC #5920 (VIKotics)

SciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to behold

Rookie team 5920 would like to thank all the teams on Carver. It was a true honor to play with so many great teams. Many of you took the time to help a small team learn the ropes at Championship.
  #73   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2016, 01:14 AM
AKA: Dave Tharp
FRC #5920 (VIKotics)

SciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to beholdSciBorg Dave is a splendid one to behold

Where can I find all the matches played on Carver ?
  #74   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2016, 01:37 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciBorg Dave View Post
Where can I find all the matches played on Carver ?
http://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2016carv

It's missing a few, probably because they hit coverage gaps or (more likely) TBA hasn't been notified about 'em. (It's also possible that they're on their way.)

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: