Go to Post We're past half of the poll options already :( - Hitchhiker 42 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-18-2017, 11:06 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 2010
RoboJake is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Cool Pit Ideas???

Hi, my team is looking to purchase 2 road cases to put in our pit and make a pit somewhat like 1678s or 1323s. Are these a good idea, or is there another good pit design that anyone recommends. Where do you get the cases or materials from and also how much do they cost to buy?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Pool Noodle Thrower
AKA: Marcus Bernstein
FRC #1836 (The Milkenknights)
Team Role: Mascot

Rookie Year: 2013
marcusbernstein is a splendid one to beholdmarcusbernstein is a splendid one to beholdmarcusbernstein is a splendid one to beholdmarcusbernstein is a splendid one to beholdmarcusbernstein is a splendid one to beholdmarcusbernstein is a splendid one to beholdmarcusbernstein is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cool Pit Ideas???

My team got a single road case this year and it was a huge help! We got the road case custom made from a production company.
Its Advantages are:
Very very quick pit setup time at competition
You can easily work out of your pit in shop during season (we did this, partially because of a lack of real space for a while)
If you go custom, you can get really organized with exactly what you want in the case (even a mini fridge like 1323)
Cons:
Cost
Hard offseason work maintaining it/potentially building it
Transport to competitions, especially champs (make sure you have that figured out before season)

There are probably some others that I am missing and someone from 1678/1323 can speak to. We *did* copy them after all.

My team works out of our pit space set up in the school fablab at almost every meeting, so the road case was definetly worth the investment. Get it soon so you have lots of the fall to organize and practice, and it will help you lots in the long run.

I'm happy to send pictures/details on request, just shoot me a pm or respond to the thread with a quote

-Marcus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
An entire team rallied around a potentially wrong decision is better than half a team rallied around the right one. And if that potentially wrong decision ends up being the right one, that team will be successful
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-18-2017, 01:00 PM
MST Rolla Senior
FRC #2410 (BV CAPS Metal Mustang Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
CalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond repute

Obligatory Super Pit reference
  • Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you don't know why. On our team, theory and practice comes together - nothing works and nobody knows why.
MMR 2410 Student (2010 - 2013) | MMR 2410 Mentor (2013 - Present)
FTC Game Announcer / MC (2014 - Present) | FRC MC (2015 - Present) | FRC Referee (2016) | FTC Referee (2017) | VEX IQ MC (2017) | FRC A/V (2017)
Academic Student (Forever)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-18-2017, 08:58 PM
AKA: Brendan Browne
FRC #1058 (PVC Pirates)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusbernstein View Post
Marcus,

When you get a chance can you PM me some pictures? Appreciate it!

-Brendan
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Conscientious Objector to 2015
AKA: Aidan
FRC #0299 (Valkyrie Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2013
Leap is just really niceLeap is just really niceLeap is just really niceLeap is just really niceLeap is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanB View Post
Marcus,

When you get a chance can you PM me some pictures? Appreciate it!

-Brendan
4159 would also appreciate pictures. Thanks!

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-18-2017, 09:27 PM
FRC #0418 (Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2000
Bertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond reputeBertman has a reputation beyond repute

Take time and examine what you need? Why you need it? Compare this to what you want? Why you want it? What will it benefit your team? What will it cost (not in monetary terms) your team?
How do these things compare?
Can you afford it? Is it worth the price? You could easily make this into a flow chart.
When you come up with a workable answer for your team, act on it.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2017, 05:37 PM
no team

firstrobotcoach is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Cool Pit Ideas???

Team 1678 and 1323 have amazing pits that fold up and have everything you are looking for!!! 973 has a really cool pit too!!! I would love to know the price behind them and labor intensity for them. I remember from Championships in St. Louis this year there were a few pits like them. They are really good for quick setup and clean up. I do not know where to get them though. Does anyone know where to get them?
-Richard
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-22-2017, 09:45 PM
no team

Californiacoach is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Championships this year was the first time I had really had the chance to take a close look at them, they are really cool!!! Does anyone know the cost of them? I would really like to know more about them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: