Go to Post Roses are red/Violets are blue/I'll write a poem/Once build season's over. - Taylor [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
  #91   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2018, 10:33 PM
Strategy and Systems Engineering
AKA: Ronald (Ron) Houde
FRC #3986 (Express-O)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2018
TBKahouna has a spectacular aura aboutTBKahouna has a spectacular aura aboutTBKahouna has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2019 Game Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcool36572 View Post
Theme aside, I think that 2019 will either be a big ball game or some sort of indexing game similar to 2013 or 2017. I think that they could index again so quickly since useful shooters in 2017 were rare, and they might like to give teams another shot at an indexing task that will earn lots of points. My other guess is that a big ball game is coming up, since the last one was 2014, so there won't be any students left that worked on the last big ball game. Either way, I really hope that the field is at least low this year, if not flat. But I have a feeling that it won't be flat, since we've had two pretty flat fields in a row.
My bet goes on a racetrack pattern (one loop being the Blue Alliance territory ,or quadrant, and the other one being the Red Alliance's space) with an inclined surface on which, to maintain the center of the path on the track, robots will have to maintain an "orbiting velocity" and maintain it to stay "on path", or increase or decrease it to maneuvre to the upper or lower edge respectivally, especially so if the 2009 Lunacity surface and wheels are re-cycled.
  #92   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2018, 03:36 PM
FRC #0008

spoon8 is an unknown quantity at this point

No need to speculate. 100% accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-m1QBOxsfg
  #93   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2018, 05:07 PM
FRC #3512 (Spartatroniks)

Rookie Year: 2011
Nick.kremer will become famous soon enough

It's been 4 years since the last game with an inflatable game piece.

Like us on Facebook!

#94   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Prosletyzer, FIRST Church of FRC
AKA: Cyprin Mason
FRC #4135 (Iron Patriots)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2016
cy[pher] is just really nicecy[pher] is just really nicecy[pher] is just really nicecy[pher] is just really nicecy[pher] is just really nice

Personally I'm thinking that the ideas about a "docking" mechanism of some sort, maybe for a climb, is relatively likely.
Though really I'm just excited they got Neil DeGrasse Tyson for the theme reveal video.
  #95   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2018, 12:53 PM
FRC #4283

dylanstemlord is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon5638 View Post
I want frisbees to make a return. It will also be Apollo 11's 50th anniversary, so I'm guessing it will be space themed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwilcove View Post
The only non-ball shooting game object in recent years was a frisbee, and that game was really fun according to people who competed in it.
I am really hoping for a frisbee game. I did not get to do FRC during frisbee year and I really want to build a frisbee launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetynerd View Post
I'm calling it now, "deep space" what do we all know is the most important thing about deep space besides the lack of oxygen? ZERO GRAVITY!!!!!!
NO WEIGHT LIMIT CONFIRMED!!!!
The arenas will be zero gravity and the drive team has to use oxygen tanks.
  #96   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:13 AM
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2017
Mattm2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Space is dark so what if the field is very dark or darker than normal to simulate space
  #97   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2018, 12:05 PM
FRC #4646 (Team ASAP)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
bobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattm2000 View Post
Space is dark so what if the field is very dark or darker than normal to simulate space
I think a game played in the dark could be interesting, but not every venue can control their lighting 100%.
  #98   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2018, 02:39 PM
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2017
Mattm2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysq View Post
I think a game played in the dark could be interesting, but not every venue can control their lighting 100%.
If they integrate the lighting elements into the field then it would be relatively easy. Just dim the lights for the whole venue and have lighting on the field which they would turn on in between matches.

The only problem I see with this is that it could be tough for spectators to see the match.

Alternatively, in space the sun is much brighter and has more of a glare than on earth so they could do the same lighting concept and have bright lights on the field to make it more difficult.
  #99   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2018, 04:37 PM
FRC #0865

Ojmck is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoyo View Post
Power Up seems to be one of the most recent heavy strategical games that the best robot might not win every match.
Yes there were a large amount of upsets against what were thought to be easy wins

COUGH 6th seat alliance goes to Einstein COUGH
  #100   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 05:29 AM
no team

1margarette is an unknown quantity at this point

Will it be more challenging if its dark? It pretty much hard to see the opponents, but yes that will be an interesting feature.
  #101   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Strategy and Systems Engineering
AKA: Ronald (Ron) Houde
FRC #3986 (Express-O)

TBKahouna has a spectacular aura aboutTBKahouna has a spectacular aura aboutTBKahouna has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1margarette View Post
Will it be more challenging if its dark? It pretty much hard to see the opponents, but yes that will be an interesting feature.
No need for total darkness... The field will be lit with blacklights... Bring back them funky light-in-the-dark posters!!! and glow-in-the-dark positioning strip for the bots and gamepieces...
  #102   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2018, 11:41 PM
FRC #3128 (Aluminum Narwhals)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2016
Calvin Page is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by niklas674 View Post
It's time to stop.
We will never stop
  #103   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 02:40 AM
FRC #6860 (Equitum Robotics)
Team Role: Webmaster

Batrex is an unknown quantity at this point

2999 will be Battle Bots.
  #104   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 06:00 AM
FRC #0060

cglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBKahouna View Post
No need for total darkness... The field will be lit with blacklights... Bring back them funky light-in-the-dark posters!!! and glow-in-the-dark positioning strip for the bots and gamepieces...
Hey...Some of us had those black lights, glow in the dark posters, wore white "T" shirts so we could actually see and track who we were talking to, and listened to really groovy music man. Don't knock it till you have tried it.

It would be really groovy to have Destination Deep Space in that kind of environment that actually mimics deep space. And, you would hardly even notice those white and other colored stars applied to the field perimeter when the bright lights were on, but just before blast off, and the lights go down, and the black lights come on....Wow....It's Groovy in space man!

Now, can we please get some Hendrix and Led Zepplin approved before the season starts. Ground Control To Major Tom......Take your protein pills and put your helmet onnn.... Ok, at least we will have that.....every 4th song played as far as I'm concerned.

Some can even correctly sing if they like........Flight Control to Major Tom....

Last edited by cglrcng : 05-24-2018 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Correct spelling error
  #105   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 06:07 AM
FRC #0060

cglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond reputecglrcng has a reputation beyond repute

No worries though, lava lamps to be provided on every shelf of every driver station on both ends for low level driver safety lighting of course. Just so we know you can see your emergency stop buttons.

Because nothing slows life down and really mimics the weightlessness of deep space in the destination, like black lighting and lava lamps, and stars that come out only when you turn the lights down low.

Last edited by cglrcng : 05-24-2018 at 06:10 AM. Reason: ADDITION

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: