OCCRA
Go to Post Please ask yourself..."If my robot is on fire and the pneumatics are randomly activating, is my main breaker someplace that I want to put MY hand?" - Jaxom [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-23-2002, 08:34 PM
HGFSP
FRC #0025 (Team 25)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Keith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Keith Chester
Brunswick Eruption Results and Thanks

It is with great honor that I announce the winners of the first Brunswick Eruption-

Thank you to 341 and 271 for being great partners and always backing up the Scorpion full force.
Also, thank you to team 303, our gracious cohosts, for all of their help setting up the field and dismanteling.

Was the competition fun? Well-ran? What was the best moments- or the worse? Your thoughts are welcome on this matter. As it is our first, we are looking for ways to improve.

Last edited by Keith Chester : 11-23-2002 at 08:46 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-23-2002, 08:41 PM
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really nice
One of my personal favorite moments was when 56 and us (303) were competing in the strength compeition and both of us ended up at 45 degree angles from the carpet with the goal suspended a good 7-8 inches off the ground .

It was a well ran event with the exception of a few technical issues. And the awards were awesome .

Last edited by Mike8519 : 11-23-2002 at 08:45 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Strategist / Judge
AKA: Brandon Rudy
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Dan-o is a splendid one to beholdDan-o is a splendid one to beholdDan-o is a splendid one to beholdDan-o is a splendid one to beholdDan-o is a splendid one to beholdDan-o is a splendid one to beholdDan-o is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up It was cool!

The Competition was great!

I was very happy to be able to attend the Brunswick Eruption. The trophies were awesome!

You said you were looking for suggestions to improve the competition for next year. The only thing i can think of is making the "fun rounds" a little shorter. They really made the competition drag. Other than that, it was a great competition.

Congrats to #4 alliance (341,25,and 271). Also, thanks you teams 224 and 651 for being our alliance partners. We put up a good fight in the finals.

Thanks to Mr. Volcano for letting me keep the shirt. It will not be tortured in anyway.

Too bad i won't be in the competition next year.
'09-'11 - FRC 2975 - Mentor
'12-'13 - FRC 4029 - Mentor
'15-'16 - FRC 1319 - Mentor

'07-'10, '17 - Judge
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Wayne C.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
hey- I think we did pretty good?
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)

Rookie Year: 1997
Wayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond repute
Heres the final rundown of all the awards won today at BE. I will post photos as I can edit the. I have 150 disks worth.

Anyway-

Kids Favorite Robot- 11
Ladies Favorite Robot - 303
Crowd's Favorite Robot- 87
Judges Favorite Robot- 365
Ladies Rounds Winners- 87, 651
Drag Racing Winner- 293
Strongest Robot - 869
Runners Up Alliance- 224,365 and 651
Champions- 25,271,341

I personally would like to thank all of you for your patience and great participation. In the morning especially, with two teams not appearing, it was a scramble to get the event going. While I didn't see much of the competition I did hear it!! Dr. Kamen told us that we were louder than the Rutgers Regional.

I hope everyone had a good time. Thanks for supporting our rookie team freinds at 1089 too in their 50/50. Somebody went home with a nice pocket full of the green stuff.

I am told there will be a program on the event on Cablevision the week of Dec 3. I will post more on this as it comes up.

And thanks to our alliance partners 271 and 341. We played our way up through the wildcard rounds and showed them what we had. The finals were quite a battle and you all played admirably.

I hope everybody left happy and as friends. I can tell you this- the new season is going to be a great one!!!

WC

Raider Robotix- www.raiderrobotix.org
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-23-2002, 10:34 PM

Wayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond repute
Hey- if anyone has a photo of the infamous "pedestal round" in the strength battle, please post it!! That was amazing.

For those who missed it two robots, 303 and 56 in the "Sumo" type match, apparently applied just the right amount of pressure at just the right timing for both robots to tip backwards on their chassis lifting the goal about a foot off the ground and effectively pinning them both backwards with their wheels spinning in the air. 303 eventually won the match because the marker for the goal was about 3 inches moved in their direction but you couldn't do that again if you planned it. Bizarre.

It took both teams and the field crew lifting the goals to get the two disengaged.

Why do these things seem to happen to 303?

WC

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-23-2002, 10:49 PM
OMG We're Back Again
AKA: Joe Troy Jr.
#0357 (Royal Assault)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
purplehaze357 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to purplehaze357 Send a message via Yahoo to purplehaze357
I would like to congratulate teams 25 and 341 on their victory, we were back with the other half of wisahickons team at Tech Fest....which was amazing....CoNgRaTs....

*claps*

2004 Philadelphia Regional Referee
2005 Pittsburg Regional Referee
2005 Philadelphia Regional Referee

2003 Chesapeake Regional Chairmans Award Winners
2003 Chesapeake Regional "Delphi Driving Tormorrows Technology" Recipients

Aim: smallmanjoe98
Email: jtroy@temple.edu
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-23-2002, 11:28 PM
fhqwhgads
AKA: Kyle
#0869 (Power Cord)
Team Role: College Student

Ragin_Kage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ragin_Kage
I had such a great day today, the competition was awesome, not to mention the strength battles, 303 and 56 match was stellar...unfourtunatly we only made it to the 7th seed but it was still a blast...look forward to the upcoming season...GREAT TROPHIES!

www.powercord869.com
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 12:47 AM
I'm a weirdo.
#0271 (Mechanical Marauders)

Chubtoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Chubtoad
Thank you.

The compeitition was a lot of fun

This compeitition helped our team a lot because it taught a lot of the freshman and other new comers what FIRST is about, and we had several new people drive the robot which gave them a first hand experience of how hard it usually is. It also taught me how much teaching I'm going to be doing this year (being a senior)

I'd like to thank team 25 and 341 for being amazing.

The following is my opinion, not my teams.

I felt like we were leeches because obviously we were pretty much forced onto you guys and we had not been doing the best today mostly do to the fact that we were trying new people as well the last two events the robot had done were PR events outside in which we pretty much ran it to the ground. I really felt bad because I know what it is like to see a robot on an alliance that doesn't do anything, get the big prize because they got picked. But when we moved MOE the last round I felt that we deserved a little part of that amazingly cool trophy we got.
So pretty much what I'm saying is you guys rock!
oh yeah THE TROPHIES ROCK!

The compeition was a whole lot of fun though. This was our 7th one this year and it was just as good as the first, maybe even better!

See you both at the Chesapeake regional!
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:06 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 1995
Ashley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to the Scorpion and team 25.... you guys deserve it... you are an awesome team with an awesome robot. Best of luck to you in the future.... see you next year!

Congrats to Miss Daisy and 341! You guys did it.... all five competitions.... PARC, NASA/MD, Duel, Ramp Riot, and Eruption!
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 07:01 AM
#0025 (Raider Robotix)

Matrix3000k is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Matrix3000k Send a message via AIM to Matrix3000k
What a way to go

well i just wanna say with the 7 years that i have been doing this i must say tha Bart was right on one thing..... and that is that we were louder than we were when we werer at RU. i just wanna thank all the teams that came out and made this hole event successful. all of you guys are great. i enjoy Djing the event for you and i hope you guys enjoyed the music. but hey it does not stop here. There is a whole new season comming up in a couple of months and more fun is goin go be involved. so congrats to everyone and i wish all of you best of luck in this years competition!!!
Year 2002 Archimedes Div. Champions
2002 winners of PARC, Duel on the Delaware and Ramp Riot
plus a plethora of great awards in 2000,2001 and 2002
http://www.matrix3000k.com
http://www.raiderrobotix.com
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 09:31 AM

Hey Chubtoad-

You gotta be kidding about the last rounds! Moving Moe is no mean feat. If your machine didn't block them in place whenever we got back to make a run at the turning goal we could never have moved anybody. As we backed off to run at the goal they could have shot forward. They almost did. Remember- we can't go deliberately crashing into the arms in light of deliberate damage.

We know from our last experience with Moe that it takes two to move the monster. Once they anchor their grippers it is hard to move them at all. You have no reason to regret.

Thanks for being our partner. You deserve the trophy as much as the rest of us.

(PS- thanks for all the nice compliments from everybody on the trophies. You all know we have the "Aloha from NJ" theme. In 1999 we wanted to getthe team to Orlando for the first time and that was a part of our positive mindset transition. So Hawaiian has become a part of our team identity
The tikis on top are from a distributer in Honolulu. They are plastic, not wood, but I can't tell easily. Jesse Perry ( the crazy midfield dancer Mr. Volcano runner up) made the bases in his shop class. The plaques (sorry if they are loose) were engraved in the metal shop at BMS. The project was a team effort.

Oddly- team 25 probably does more business in Honolulu than in NJ. The shirt manufacturer, Royal Hawaiian Creations, has been a supporter of ours for the last 5 years and we send them pix of our events and accomplishments. From what I hear they are as much a part of the team as we are and they post the team group shots all around the factory.

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 09:40 AM
HGFSP
FRC #0025 (Team 25)
Team Role: Alumni

Keith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to beholdKeith Chester is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Keith Chester
With the scorpion finally retired, I'd like to also thank previous finalist partners:

and of course, last but not least, 341.

Nothing could have been done without ANY of you, as the finals are always a kamikazee battle for the final trophy. How can I ever forget now the tristate triangle with 303 and 102.
The underdog partnership with 87? Team 84 and 357 showing us exactly what power is as they dragged us across the line to score for our team? 341's excellent job at keeping moe at bay by themselves? 271's vital assistance in pushing back the monster of MOE? None of it shall ever disappear from my memory. What a first season. Thank you all!
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 11:00 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Ben Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne C.
Hey- if anyone has a photo of the infamous "pedestal round" in the strength battle, please post it!! That was amazing.

For those who missed it two robots, 303 and 56 in the "Sumo" type match, apparently applied just the right amount of pressure at just the right timing for both robots to tip backwards on their chassis lifting the goal about a foot off the ground and effectively pinning them both backwards with their wheels spinning in the air. 303 eventually won the match because the marker for the goal was about 3 inches moved in their direction but you couldn't do that again if you planned it. Bizarre.

It took both teams and the field crew lifting the goals to get the two disengaged.

Why do these things seem to happen to 303?

WC

That was amazing - I think the planets must have been aligned properly or something! I don't think we could make that happen again if we wanted to.

That was a fun competition. Thanks Team 25!!
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 11:41 AM
lost
AKA: Shruti
no team

Firewolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Firewolf
considering the fact that I'm still in a daze, and I have so much more to do today, I'll try to keep this short...

ThankYouThankYouThankYou
everyone, putting it together, being there, coming apart on the feild (some of those rounds were violent, it was like a robotic war movie), for those few that danced and got into it all.
at times of the day I caught my self saying 'where am I? this isn't my school'
gym will never be the same again
Thank you (I'd make a list, but not only would it be really long, i don't want to forget anyone by accident, but you know who you all are!!!!)

((alright, so it isn't as short as I planed, but I can't help my exictment!!!)

ANTI-CLARIS
"TESMOIGN MON SANG MANUEL CY

We can do no great things... only small things with great love

Mother Teresa
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:15 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder
Hey I think the competition went well all the teams were great, but the one thing i liked was that Volcano guy I cant remember his name

But on a more personal note i would like to thank the Mr. Cokeley, and Mr Kloberg (sp?) w/o them it wouldnot have happened at all

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: