OCCRA
Go to Post For me Gracious Professionalism is about helping other teams make their ideas work. We do everything we can to help other teams program, or lend them parts from our pit. On the field we play to win. - Alpha Beta [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #211   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-03-2017, 02:07 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
petercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud ofpetercooperjr has much to be proud of
Re: 2018 Game Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord6190 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysq View Post
Here's an interesting idea: What if the robot literally has to "power up" something? As in, the robot must electrically interface with something on the field in order to score points. I don't know how safe or feasible it would be, but it could be an interesting challenge to have some form of connector on the field as a parallel to robots in the real world that need to connect to base stations in order to sync data or charge.
based on the theme it would be "Power Up", as in collecting a object that would enhance function.
Well, game titles have certainly included wordplay/puns/multiple-meanings in the past. It's possible that the title refers to all of (1) Powering on electronics in some sense, (2) Collecting items to get "more powerful" in some sense, and (3) Powering oneself "upward" via ramp/stairs/etc in some sense.

However, I find it much more likely that any sort of powering on in sense (1) I just gave would be via closing a switch already on the field similar to the Steamworks climbing touchpad, not any attempt to have robots put 12V across two field components somehow.
  #212   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-07-2017, 11:21 AM
FRC #6352 (LAUNCH TEAM 6352)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2011
s3529 is an unknown quantity at this point

Video explanation of why its going to be a stairs game (and shameless self promotion):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyGDsyxUFxA
  #213   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Software + Drive Coach
AKA: Sam Maier
FRC #4917 (Sir Lancerbot)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2014
microbuns is on a distinguished road

Kanye West announced that he was going to release an album in 2014. It took him 2 years, but he released TLOP in early 2016.

Kanye West announced that he was going to release an album in 2016. It still has yet to come out. That album's (alleged) name? Turbo Grafx 16.

Kanye will be releasing his album as an entire themed playlist for the 2018 game.
  #214   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2017, 12:37 PM
2 tired brains are better than 1!
AKA: Darrell Holmes IV
FRC #2655 (The Flying Platypi)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2017
Darre_Bonfire is on a distinguished road

It seems to me that in these teasers they never show what you will actually be doing, but the end goal in which the game will lead up to. An excellent example being Steamworks, generating steam in order to "take flight" for an airship. Seems to me that we will be generating electricity in order to "power up" something. Likely some sort of game consul or some form of machine that can help people in some way.

As stated previously in this thread FIRST hasn't used tubes in a while, so perhaps some form of "wiring" in order to send an electrical signal. I doubt it will actually be themed around a video game, but these are just my theories.

"It's always Juan's fault!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: