OCCRA
Go to Post This is a community that builds people as well as knowledge. - Karibou [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 02:23 PM
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Someone doing the 195 Dance?

As i was watching the webcast of the final rounds on the Einstein field, i saw for a split second one team in the stands, dressed in green, doing our team dance. If you have been to the NJ or UTC regionals this year, you may know what this is. If anyone knows what team was doing this, please tell me, so i can send them a special "coolest dance" award
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 03:18 PM
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Mentor

Carol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Someone doing the 195 Dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMMan b182
As i was watching the webcast of the final rounds on the Einstein field, i saw for a split second one team in the stands, dressed in green, doing our team dance. If you have been to the NJ or UTC regionals this year, you may know what this is. If anyone knows what team was doing this, please tell me, so i can send them a special "coolest dance" award

I was busy on another field, but it could very well be MOE 365 (Did the green color hurt your eyes? Then it was MOE). They stood up and danced the whole time, and one of the students did teach us a new dance he saw at NJ.....
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2004, 03:09 AM
has red hair again!
AKA: Viv
FRC #0192 (GRT)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Vivelation will become famous soon enoughVivelation will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Vivelation

That could very well have been MOE 365 (bright neon green). They were sitting with us (red + black) with the RamTechs behind (yellow). If you saw a whole crowd in that area w/about 3 different colors of shirts dancing around, then yeah, that was MOE + us. I'd have to say that MOE is one of the coolest teams I've met, and it's all b/c of their dancing (and GizMOE). Their dance is awesome - it's supposed to go to "We Like To Party" by the Vengaboys but it pretty much worked w/a whole bunch of random songs too.

I still don't get why people are blinded by the MOE green. It's not as bright as I thought it'd be. ::shrugs:: GO MOE!

Fusion 07... April 15th. It's coming.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:15 PM
How you doin'?!
AKA: Dave Kingsley
FRC #0088 (TJē)

Rookie Year: 2001
Pin Man has a spectacular aura aboutPin Man has a spectacular aura aboutPin Man has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pin Man

Yes I was in NJ and I saw the dance... Then at Nationals walking by I saw MOE doing that same dance... It was quite funny...

Attending Bridgewater State College

Shirt collection- 25, 47, 69, 140, 173, 191, 213, 303, 365, 461, 836, (2)862, 885, 888, 1027, (2)1073, 1156.
Shirts in the works-
Shirt Wish List- 45, 48, 61, 67, 84, 86, 95, 103, 111, 126, 175, 190, 233, 236, 716, 870, 871, 1114, and any other team basically
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2004, 08:01 PM
The Crazy One
AKA: Steve
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Mechanical

MOEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutMOEmaniac has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to MOEmaniac Send a message via Yahoo to MOEmaniac

Bernie and Tom are our dancing fiends. They just never stop dancing

2005 Record
Pittsburgh Regional: #1 seeded, Finalist - Thanks teams 808 and 869, Entrepreneurship Award, Sportsmanship Award, Website Award
Philly Regional: #2 seeded, Champions - Thanks teams 56 and 316, WFA Lou Rosanio, Chairmans Award
Nationals: Still to come

2004 Record
New Jersey Regional: Quarterfinalists - Thanks teams 25 and 103, Judges Award
Philly Regional: Quarterfinalists - Thanks teams 1370 and 1143, Imagery Award, Website Award, WFA Joe Perrito
Nationals: Galileo Finalists - Thanks teams 177 and 27, National Imagery Award
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 02:30 AM
8 Seasons and as stable as ever
AKA: Working, 2/4 degrees complete still schooling...
FRC #1740 (The Cyber Colonels)

Rookie Year: 1999
Xufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xufer Send a message via MSN to Xufer Send a message via Yahoo to Xufer

i belive i might actually have a picture of the moe guys doing your dance ill upload it when i finish organizing the gig of pictures & movies i took at nats

If saftey is first and i put FIRST ahead of everything, then i must be the safest guy in the world.

Team 521 Alumni -- Team 1740 Mentor-- Go Go 1740!
Sometimes I think I've been doing this too long and other times I think I haven't done this enough... but all the times I'm sure I'm crazy
Photonics, It's Your Future
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Crazy Spirit Dude
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Scout

Bernie will become famous soon enoughBernie will become famous soon enough

I have come... dancing of course!
Bernie is now on Dephi.
Had to post something when I heard about the dancing.

Yes it's true, I yoinked 195's dance, but it looked so cool with their whole team doing it. Anyway, it now has 3 new names/ the MOE dance, the Bernie dance, and the Bernie stole this dance.

we had a total of 6!! teams doing it at once at Nats. The 2 main dancers were the Ramtechs and GRT 195.

the best part was when they played "We like to party" by the Venga Boys and all three teams stood up without being told and started doing the dance.

So 195, do have a true name for it, because most call it the MOE dance.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2004, 12:25 PM
AKA: Ben Gagne
FRC #0195

BoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to BoyWithCape195

Well the dance actually started out as a driver dance a few years ago, but now, it has become the "team dance" We bring this dance to every regional we go (and nationals if we had the money). It has been called by many on our team, "The Big Pimpin Dance" (dont ask me why) But yea. that is the history of our "dance". Its just so much fun to do, and it goes to almost every song.
It should be called the Team 195 dance dont ya think?.

Who knew it would get around and be so popular.
2007 UTC New England Regional Champions (1124 and 558)
2007 UTC GM Industrial Design
2006 International Championship Finalist (25 and 968)
2006 Newton Division Champions (25 and 968)
2006 Championship Innovation in Control Award
2006 UTC Quarterfinalist (236 and 230)
2006 UTC Innovation in Control Award
2005 Curie Division Quarterfinalists (703 and 234)
2005 UTC Semifinalist (228 and 236)
2004 UTC Entrepreneurship Award
2004 New Jersey Semifinalists (173 and 11)
2004 New Jersey Sportsmanship Award

Last edited by BoyWithCape195 : 04-24-2004 at 01:02 PM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Programming and Electrical Mentor
AKA: Allen Gregory
FRC #2587 (Afrobots)

CyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really nice

If this is the same dance I think you guys are talking about, Bernie(365), members of 192 and members of 647(me) were doing it at the rap party then like 50 other people joined in.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2004, 03:58 PM
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf_22
If this is the same dance I think you guys are talking about, Bernie(365), members of 192 and members of 647(me) were doing it at the rap party then like 50 other people joined in.
figures.. we try to get people to do this at 2 regionals for like 2 hours.. but nothing happens. BUT, when we aren't there EVERYONE does it.

Bah.

also, if anyone has any video or pictures of this, would you please post them?

Last edited by Tom Bottiglieri : 04-24-2004 at 04:01 PM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2004, 04:44 PM
The Crazy One
AKA: Steve
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Mechanical

MOEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutMOEmaniac has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to MOEmaniac Send a message via Yahoo to MOEmaniac

I don't know if we have a video of it but we can probably make one at one of the off-season events

2005 Record
Pittsburgh Regional: #1 seeded, Finalist - Thanks teams 808 and 869, Entrepreneurship Award, Sportsmanship Award, Website Award
Philly Regional: #2 seeded, Champions - Thanks teams 56 and 316, WFA Lou Rosanio, Chairmans Award
Nationals: Still to come

2004 Record
New Jersey Regional: Quarterfinalists - Thanks teams 25 and 103, Judges Award
Philly Regional: Quarterfinalists - Thanks teams 1370 and 1143, Imagery Award, Website Award, WFA Joe Perrito
Nationals: Galileo Finalists - Thanks teams 177 and 27, National Imagery Award
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Crazy Spirit Dude
FRC #0365 (MOE)

hey Steve,

video team has lots of footage of the dance, because erin asked me to do it when she was filming. they have alot of editing to doso i'm not sure they'll be able to do anything with it soon. Thee has to be pics somewhere though. If you have a few extra years you can check the Delphi nats photo gallery. There are a lot of photos though.

Next year i'm going to make an avatar of a stickfigure doing it.

Hey 647, how are you guys. which one are you, exactly.

I think we need to decide on a good name for the dance though. sure the other names are good, but there are too many. Maybe a name without a team reference would be good. i'm notso sure about the "big pimpin dance though", needs to be shorter.

If anyone has any suggestions, we could possibly vote for one or something, then again it is 195's dance so maybe we should let them decide.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Crazy Spirit Dude
FRC #0365 (MOE)

oohhh,
i almost forgot, has anyone seen a dancing avatar anywhere?
the one i have now is not that spirited. Since spirit is my thing i need one with a little more energy. Or maybe if I subverted the one I have into becoming a cannibal, then I can give it sugar pills
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-13-2004, 01:00 AM
has red hair again!
AKA: Viv
FRC #0192 (GRT)

Vivelation will become famous soon enoughVivelation will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Vivelation

It's BERNIE! and ALLEN! (wow I haven't been here in a while...) okay yeah, we did do that dance at the wrap party Sat night... many many times, and yes, a whole bunch of other people joined in. and no, we weren't allowed to dance, but we did anyway. right in front of the DJ. was fun. was very fun. our little form of protesting and then we did it again for the road when 647 left later that night.

I like that dance... I think I'll get Erica and Jay to help me introduce it to SVR next year. Ooh, or better yet, maybe even at Cal Games... Oh the possibilities... ::starts doing the dance to Sugarcult::

Fusion 07... April 15th. It's coming.

Last edited by Vivelation : 05-13-2004 at 01:13 AM.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Why did I come back?
AKA: Jamie Bliss
FRC #4967 (That ONE Team)

Astronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie
oohhh,
i almost forgot, has anyone seen a dancing avatar anywhere?
the one i have now is not that spirited. Since spirit is my thing i need one with a little more energy. Or maybe if I subverted the one I have into becoming a cannibal, then I can give it sugar pills
I have, but it would just look cheap. There's a guy with white coat/pants who spins and stuff. start digging.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: