OCCRA
Go to Post Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you don't know why. On our team, theory and practice comes together. Nothing works and nobody knows why. - CalTran [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2004, 09:15 PM
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best robots at Nationals

if you want to talk about a nice robot, look at 254 and 60!
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2004, 09:25 PM
8 Seasons and as stable as ever
AKA: Working, 2/4 degrees complete still schooling...
FRC #1740 (The Cyber Colonels)

Rookie Year: 1999
Xufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xufer Send a message via MSN to Xufer Send a message via Yahoo to Xufer

Hanging in Auton is one hell of a feat, i wish i would have seen it, sadly i saw very few matches.
I saw wildstang do some pretty cool stuff like grab the 2x ball play a little defense force them selves up onto the platform drop a 2xball in from the platfrom to a near full goal and 3 seconds later they were hanging my jaw just dropped i was truley amazed.

If saftey is first and i put FIRST ahead of everything, then i must be the safest guy in the world.

Team 521 Alumni -- Team 1740 Mentor-- Go Go 1740!
Sometimes I think I've been doing this too long and other times I think I haven't done this enough... but all the times I'm sure I'm crazy
Photonics, It's Your Future
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2004, 09:34 PM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

if there is a way i can find the autonomous mode video of team 190 i would really appreciate it...

robots that i think was awesome are ofcourse 71, 67, las gorillas, 177, 45... there were a lot of good robots... wish if i could remember all of their team numbers!

it was a great time at georgia dome.. and everybody did awesome...
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Former Driver 1038, 979
AKA: Driveman
FRC #1038 (Thunderhawks)
Team Role: Alumni

dddriveman has a spectacular aura aboutdddriveman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to dddriveman

Team 79 their crab drive kicked mega butt.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Mentor, coach, whatever--
FRC #0233 ("The Pink Team")
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1996
Kit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kit Gerhart

Team 45's ball collector had to be one of the best at the championship, and their 2x ball gripper is nearly impossible to "steal" balls from if they are centered in the gripper. They, and their partners came very close to winning Archimedes, and if they had, they would have been the favorites for winning the whole thing.

The views I express here are mine, and mine alone, not those of my team, FIRST, or my previous teams.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 10:15 AM
aim s/n italiancharmer16
AKA: Anthony Bucci
#0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2004
soccerstar16 is an unknown quantity at this point

NEWTON-
After lookin at all the robots in the newton division, i would have to say that you cant just pick one great bot. ireally loved 67- outstanding is the only way to describe them, 1126- they were great at hanging constinently, 340- the rope amd pully system they to get on the bar was awesome, 303- the perfect none hanging bot- they capped so easily and gathered balls like it was nothing. i hope to see 67,1126, and 340 at cleveland again next year and maybe work with you guys. 303 good luck at ur regionals. good luck to all teams and have a relaxing off season.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Go TechnoKats!
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats Robotics Team)

Rookie Year: 2002
Austin is a name known to allAustin is a name known to allAustin is a name known to allAustin is a name known to allAustin is a name known to allAustin is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Austin

Though I may be a bit partial, I believe that 45 had the best offensive robot at Nationals. Our first three and fifth qualification match scores were 180, 190, 200, and 210, respectively. This was only with the help of a hanger. Also, we scored the highest score ever, 230, during the third semifinal round.

The best defensive robot out there was definitely 494, they made some very smart moves during elims and this led to their winning the event. Watch final match 3 on Archimedes, the best defensive bot vs. the best offensive bot. A great match, after which the final score was determined by the referees not counting the 2x because it was touching our claw. Too bad for us, great for 494. Great job guys. Your bot has tons of speed and your driver is great at manuvering it from 40+feet away.

Need a gearbox? Omniwheels? Check out AndyMark.biz
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 11:58 AM
'Luzer'
AKA: Zan
no team

ahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to ahecht Send a message via AIM to ahecht Send a message via Yahoo to ahecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman108
if there is a way i can find the autonomous mode video of team 190 i would really appreciate it...
It's not the best video, but you can check out SOAP's archive of match 114 here. We should have some better video on the web soon.

Scorekeeper: '05 Championship DaVinci Field/'10 WPI Regional
Co-Founder: WPI-EBOT Educational Robotics Program
Alumnus: WPI/Mass Academy Team #190
Alumnus (and founder): Oakwood Robotics Team #992

"Life is an odd numbered problem the answer isn't in the back of the book." Anonymous WPI Student
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:51 PM
thinks Allison Babcock & 1747 ROCK!
AKA: goosefrom71
FRC #1747 (Harrison Boiler Robotics/ Team Hammond)

Elyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elyse Holguin

When I saw 190 hang during autonomous during qualifying, my mouth dropped. Their programmers should get an award, because that was just awesome. I also think 93's robot was awesome, and I would have loved to have been able to play with them but unfortunately never got the chance.
Rookie All-Star- Boilermaker- 2006
Technokats' Spirit of Indiana Award- IRI- 2006
Congrats to Allison Babcock- WFA St. Louis Regional!!

Former Member of Team Hammond 71: 2002-2004 +2001 CDI
Former Mentor for Team 1747: 2006
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 03:48 PM
FRC #0011 (MORT)

Berserker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Berserker Send a message via MSN to Berserker Send a message via Yahoo to Berserker

190 definitely had one of the best robots there....i was really suprised they werent picked before we got to them...same thing with swamp thing...they had one of the best 2x ball grabbers in curie...but 190 was great to have because it was always an automatic 50 points....and they could also block the 2x ball from getting into the opponents goal....another robot i liked ever since i saw it was 71 the Beast....i watched videos from midwest regional and fell in love with that robot....hanging while capping....when i was watching them i told myself they are gonna do amazing at nats....and they did....congratulations team hammond
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

I was amazed at the smoothness of operation and the elegance of team 67's design. How they hooked, released, and hung was a thing of beauty.

Andy B.
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Carpe diem
FRC #0125 (Nu-Trons)

Rookie Year: 1999
MikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MikeDubreuil

Best hanger? I would say 47 Chief Delphi.

Some robots look like clunky machines when they are accomplishing a game objective. When the Chief hung it was a thing of beauty. Effective and elegant their robot was up in the air in seconds.

EDIT: It just occured to me how similar my post looks to Andy B's. It was purely accidental
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Chase perfection. Catch excellence.
AKA: Let's bring CD back to the way it used to be
FRC #0125 (NU-TRONs, Team #11 Alumni (GO MORT))

Brandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Holley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDubreuil
Best hanger? I would say 47 Chief Delphi.

Some robots look like clunky machines when they are accomplishing a game objective. When the Chief hung it was a thing of beauty. Effective and elegant their robot was up in the air in seconds.

EDIT: It just occured to me how similar my post looks to Andy B's. It was purely accidental
Nothing at all against 47, cause i loved their robot, but i thought there were much better hangers. For example team number 190...hanging in auto, i believe they hung every match, and they could do other things while hanging, i feel they were the best hanger. Like I said nothing against CD, just i feel 190 was definetly better. I'd also like to give a shoutout to 1218, cause those guys stepped it up. In chesapeake they could hardly get up a step and at nationals finishing FIRST (lol) in their division and making it to the NATIONAL FINALS is an amazing feat...GOOD JOB GUYS!!!

NUTRONs (Team 125) '05-???
2007 Boston Regional Winners
2008 & 2009 Boston Regional Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award
2010 Boston Regional Creativity Award
2011 Bayou Regional Finalists, Innovation in Control Award, Boston Regional Finalists, Industrial Design Award
2012 New York City Regional Winners, Boston Regional Finalists, IRI Mentor of the Year
2013 Orlando Regional Finalists, Industrial Design Award, Boston Regional Winners, Pine Tree Regional Finalists
2014 Rhode Island District Winners, Excellence in Engineering Award, Northeastern University District Winners, Industrial Design Award, Pine Tree District Chairman's Award, Pine Tree District Winners
2015 South Florida Regional Chairman's Award, NU District Winners, NEDCMP Industrial Design Award, Hopper Division Finalists, Hopper/Newton Gracious Professionalism Award
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:17 PM
It wasn't me, I swear!
AKA: Austin LeSure
#0492 (Titan Robotics Club)
Team Role: Scout

Zzyzx will become famous soon enoughZzyzx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zzyzx

The Gila Monster Team (I can't remember the number) had an impressive robot in Gallileo. It would hang and then use a motor and wheels to move aroud on the bar, blocking others from hanging. While they might not have been the best they do deserve at least a comment.
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:19 PM
School Is Boring
#0311 (Red Jammers)

Team311 will become famous soon enough

330 had a nice robot it got on the bottom platform in autonomus. They kept us from hanging while they were on the bar. it seems they can move on the bar. even though i still havent figured out how they do that.
-2002 Einstein Division Champion and #1 seed
-2002 National Finalist
-2002 BattleCry@WPI Champions
-2003 SBPLI Website Design Award Winner
-2004 UCF Regional Finalists (thanx 233 & 1144)
-2004 SBPLI Imagery Award Winners
-2004 SBPLI Regional Champions(thanx 1114 and 229)
-2004 SBPLI Regional Engineering Inspiration Award Winner
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: