Go to Post The only shame is if you are too proud to ask for help and to learn. - Mc Kenna [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 07:33 AM
Mentor - Programming
FRC #0319

Rookie Year: 2011
Joe Derrick is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Derrick is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Derrick is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Derrick is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Derrick is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Derrick is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Central New York Regional

Team 319 would like to thank all of the teams at the Central New York Regional for the welcoming atmosphere and friendly competition. It was truly a wonderful event and it was so cool to meet and compete with against so many new teams. We learned alot about Robots as well as Gracious Professionalism. It was especially nice to work with team 5254 and 358 on our alliance. Congratulations to Shaker Robotics, G.R.R, Second Mouse and NEYC on their win. See you in Detroit!
2015 - Rockwell Automation and Gracious Proffesionalism Winner, Tesla Division
2016 - North Shore and UNH District Event Winner, Carson Division
http://www.frc319.com
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 07:36 AM
#JusticeforPinecone
FRC #5254 (HYPE), FRC #20 (The Rocketeers)
Team Role: College Student

Kevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond repute

On behalf of 5254, I'd like to thank our awesome alliance partners, 319 and 358, for joining us in the elimination rounds. You guys were so fun to work with and I always appreciate having a full alliance of people that can really contribute to match strategy, so thank you.

I'd also like to extend a huge congratulations to 2791, 340, 5030, and 7081 for winning the event!

I've known the awesome people on 2791 for years as they've gone through repeated heartbreaks where their really well-designed robots just barely miss a trip to the championship, but this Shaker robot was different. Shaker dominated Central New York. Shaker's robot would go toe-to-toe with two of the other best scale robots at the event and not flinch for a second. This is 2791's best robot ever and one of the best robots in the world right now.

Switching gears for a second, the venue was pretty excellent- except for the way we had to go from the stands to the pits. Having to trudge repeatedly all the way around to get from where our team was sitting in the stands to our pit was frustrating, especially when it they were pretty physically close together, just separated by a fence.
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 08:40 AM
FRC #5030 (The Second Mouse)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
Dominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Leonard View Post
Switching gears for a second, the venue was pretty excellent- except for the way we had to go from the stands to the pits. Having to trudge repeatedly all the way around to get from where our team was sitting in the stands to our pit was frustrating, especially when it they were pretty physically close together, just separated by a fence.
It is already on my list of changes for next year. I believe it was the initial venue set up had it laid out the way we ran. Next year we may modify layout a bit more to better help the flow.

Also on a side note, we found a few items left behind.( a couple of jackets and sweatshirts.) also I know a couple people have misplaced their prescription safety glasses. If a team happens to find a black and red or an orange and black pair of prescription glasses can you please let me know.

2014-2018 Team 5030 The Second Mouse (Founder and Mentor)
2014 Rookie All-Star, 2016 NYC Regional Winners, 2018 CNY Regional Winners/Volunteer of the Year, 2018 Buckeye Regional Winners

Last edited by Dominick Ferone : 03-05-2018 at 08:43 AM.
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 08:47 AM
School is a pre-robotics activity
AKA: Karan Yadav
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2016
Brian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant futureBrian Maher Fan Club has a brilliant future

This event flew by, in a blur of competition, gracious professionalism, and just an overall friendly atmosphere. CNY ran very smoothly, and the event was concluded on time. Congrats to the field crew for setting up, resetting, and taking down the fields quickly and efficiently. Thank you judges for giving the awards to the deserving teams (and the safety award to team 250 the Rocketeers ). Most of all, thank you refs for ruling fouls and awarding points as fairly as humanly possible.

We would like to thank team 340, 5030, and 7081. 340 played extremely well and was a great alliance partner, who would crush the scale when we were defended. Though 5030 had multiple problems with their robot, they tried exceptionally hard to get their robot done on time, and played well when possible. FRC 7081 played extremely well, and when 5030 broke down in Finals 1, we quickly substituted them in. With almost no heads up, they quickly brought their robot onto the field, and played very well.

Looking forward to meeting many of the teams at Tech Valley!

2018: Central New York Winners, TVR Finalists, Detroit World Championship Darwin Quarterfinalists, IRI Invite
2017: TVR Winners, NYC Semifinalists, St. Louis World Championship Curie Quarterfinalists, IRI Invite, Ra Cha Cha Ruckus Quarterfinalists, Robot Rumble Winners
2016: TVR Semifinalists, FLR Semifinalists, Robot Rumble Winners, BattleCry Winners
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 09:09 AM
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2015
Mark Westwig has a spectacular aura aboutMark Westwig has a spectacular aura about

639 had a great time at CNY! From helping set up the field, to getting the world high score we were very impressed with the event and all the teams attending.

Congratulations to the winning alliance of 2791, 340, 5030, and 7081 for a well deserved victory. We can't wait to see half of you guys at FLR!

Thank you to 3003 for selecting us to be on your alliance and to 2016 for being a phenomenal alliance partner as well. We had a great time in the elimination rounds and hope to work with you again sometime soon.
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 10:09 AM
AKA: Rees
FRC #0340 (Greater Rochester Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2000
J.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Rees has a reputation beyond repute

First off I would like to thank Dom and the rest of 5030 for welcoming everyone to this well run rookie regional. Despite the weather, which you can't control, event was run smoothly and felt very much like a regional that has been around for a while.

Second, I would like to put out a huge thank to our Alliance partners 2791, 5030, an 7081. Shaker, you guys have an amazing robot and I hope we can partner up again at Champs. Good luck at TVR I'm sure you guys will rock again. 5030 you guys pushed so hard to get that robot running, it would have been great to finish with you but we had to make sure we could have a running robot for the finals. 7081, thanks for coming in and picking up your game for the finals, also congrats on the Rookie All Star Award.

Congrats to all of the award winners, 3044 EI & 4122 CA. You are an inspiration to all of us on what we could be doing to promote STEM and FIRST.
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 12:46 PM
AKA: Justin
FRC #0340 (GRR), FRC #5254 (HYPE)

Rookie Year: 2012
jtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond repute

Like many others here, I'd like to give a huge thank you to Dom and all of the volunteers who made this regional possible. This was probably my favorite regional I've ever attended, as it's the closest thing to a district championship event that New York has ever had (and it ran incredibly smoothly for a week 1, inaugural regional -- what, the only hiccup was the scale LEDs? Which took almost no time to fix). This was a super competitive event, full of incredible teams that taught me a lot about how Power Up is played. Hope to see you all again at CNY 2019!
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 01:10 PM
FRC #3044 (OxBe4)
Team Role: Coach

Mr. Ackroyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Rees View Post
First off I would like to thank Dom and the rest of 5030 for welcoming everyone to this well run rookie regional. Despite the weather, which you can't control, event was run smoothly and felt very much like a regional that has been around for a while.

Second, I would like to put out a huge thank to our Alliance partners 2791, 5030, an 7081. Shaker, you guys have an amazing robot and I hope we can partner up again at Champs. Good luck at TVR I'm sure you guys will rock again. 5030 you guys pushed so hard to get that robot running, it would have been great to finish with you but we had to make sure we could have a running robot for the finals. 7081, thanks for coming in and picking up your game for the finals, also congrats on the Rookie All Star Award.

Congrats to all of the award winners, 3044 EI & 4122 CA. You are an inspiration to all of us on what we could be doing to promote STEM and FIRST.
Thanks for the shout out!! OxBe4 loves to spread the word of STEM and FIRST. Itís a tireless venture that goes year round.

We to enjoyed this event and hope to be back next year. It was fun playing with teams from western NY again!! Good luck to all in remaining events and see some of you at TVR!!
2016 Finger Lakes Regional: Finalist on Alliance 3 (4930, 3044, 340) Industrial Design Award, Industrial Safety Award, Wildcard
2016 NYTVR: Quarterfinals on Alliance 8 (4930, 3044, 4481), Team Spirit Award
2015 Finger Lakes Regional Entrepreneurship award
2015 New York Tech Valley Regional FIRST Dean's List Finalist Award
2014 Finger Lakes Regional Industrial Safety Award, Team Spirit Award, Regional Finalists
2014 New York Tech Valley Regional Team Spirit Award
2013 WPI Regional Regional Winners, Team Spirit Award
2012 Finger Lakes Regional Regional Finalists
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 01:42 PM
AKA: Mike Buell
FRC #3173 (IgKnighters)

mikeb3173 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dominick,

The Central New York Regional was a wonderful event. For the inaugural one to seem to go off so smoothly from the participants view point is amazing. It was as fun and as competitive as any I've witnessed in 7 years of mentoring. The team at SUNY Poly should be proud. Be assured that Team 3173 will always consider the Central New York Regional as a top priority to attend in the coming years.

BTW, Congratulations on the Volunteer of the Year Award.
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 01:46 PM
AKA: Mike Buell
FRC #3173 (IgKnighters)

mikeb3173 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe,

Thanks for taking the time, on multiple occasions, to talk to the various IgKnighters we sent over to look at you robot in detail.

This event contained a large number of very established teams. Each and every one displayed Gracious Professionalism in helping my students learn what it takes to build the better robots.
  #41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Mighty Monkey Wrenches
FRC #2016 (Mighty Monkey Wrenches)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2007
Team 2016 has a spectacular aura aboutTeam 2016 has a spectacular aura about

Team 2016 would like to thank all the volunteers of the Central New York Regional. Your event was done extremely well especially for a week one inaugural event! Our team felt welcomed and luckily we got to Utica before the snow got there.

Congrats to all the award winners especially EI- 3044 and CA- 4122. All the best in Detroit. Congrats to 2791, 340, 5030 and 7081. That second semi-final with you was intense. But a little coopertition goes a long way, 350 penality points, for the high score of 746 points. LOL

To team 3003 thanks for picking us. We also enjoyed working with team 639. Good Luck to both of you in Finger Lakes. We will be watching. We had such a good time and are looking forward to our next competition.
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Dominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really nice

Hello everyone, just wanted to give an update.
Right now the match footage is uploading to our team's youtube channel.
Right now it is the single camera view. I will also be cutting up the quad camera view to upload. As well as the views without the overlay, and various other footage.
When other items are uploaded I will post a quick update. I will also link everything to Blue Alliance as they become available.

Match 19 didn't appear on the single cam stream properly and was cut off. Hopefully, I will have a copy with the other footages. Also, some matches had the overlay off for some or all of it. This is the rip from Twitch, I cut then uploaded. I do have the raw footage from the AV Company I need to go through.(which is over a tb)

2014 Rookie All-Star, 2016 NYC Regional Winners, 2018 CNY Regional Winners/Volunteer of the Year, 2018 Buckeye Regional Winners

#43   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-30-2018, 01:15 PM
#JusticeForPinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2012
Brian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to call attention to how awesome this event was.
  • 9 teams would go on to win a regional/district/DCMP event (27, 340, 319, 694, 810, 2016, 4027, 4253, 5030)
  • 4 teams would go on to a finalist medal at a later regional/district event (20, 694, 2791, 5254)
  • 13 teams qualified for a championship (319, 340, 694, 810, 2016, 2791, 3044, 4027, 4122, 4253, 5030, 5254, 7081) in addition to 4 prequalifed teams (20, 27, 191, 250). With 145 and 527 attending via the waitlist, that means more than half the event played at a championship.
  • 11 teams were selected for championship playoffs (20, 27, 191, 319, 340, 694, 2016, 2791, 4027, 4253, 5254)
  • 2 teams won the championship (27, 4027)
2016: Tech Valley SF (5236, 2791, 3624), Finger Lakes SF (5254, 2791, 2383), Battlecry Winner (195, 2791, 501), Robot Rumble Winner (2791, 195, 6463)

2012-2015, Student, FRC 1257 - Parallel Universe
2015: Mount Olive QF (1257, 1923, 1811) , North Brunswick Finalist (11, 193, 1257)
2014: Clifton Winner (1626, 869, 1257), MAR CMP QF (1257, 293, 303)
2012: Mount Olive QF (204, 303, 1257)

2017-present, SLFF - Questionable Decisionmakers
2018: Regular Season Finalist, Championship 3rd Place, Fantasy FIM Finalist
2017: Regular Season Winner, Championship Winner, Fantasy FIM Finalist, IRI Winner
  #44   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-15-2018, 08:34 AM

After much delay, and very little free time. I am happy to announce we have the CNY highlight video up. Again this great event couldn't have been possible if not for the teams, volunteers, and sponsors. We hope to see you all back next year.

Highlights

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: