OCCRA
Go to Post "Field orientation is like a homing pidgeon that can fly backwards." - LostWolf [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

 
Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 12:02 AM
Caleb Sykes's Avatar
Caleb Sykes Caleb Sykes is offline
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Rookie Year: 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,767
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
IRI ranking projections

Here are the ranking projections for IRI according to my event simulator. This will be a trial run for my new pre-schedule projections. I'll be updating this thread after we get a schedule and once or twice a day during IRI.

Code:
Team	average rank	1 seed	Top 4	Top 8	Top 12	Top 15
2056	10.0		15%	41%	58%	74%	79%
2590	10.7		15%	41%	56%	72%	75%
1619	14.6		8%	27%	41%	59%	64%
195	15.9		5%	20%	37%	51%	62%
118	16.0		6%	22%	38%	52%	60%
624	18.3		5%	19%	32%	47%	52%
67	18.3		5%	18%	31%	47%	52%
319	18.4		4%	16%	31%	45%	53%
225	18.9		3%	14%	30%	41%	52%
5406	20.2		3%	14%	26%	41%	48%
2791	21.0		3%	12%	25%	38%	46%
3707	22.3		2%	11%	23%	34%	42%
3357	22.4		2%	11%	23%	33%	42%
217	25.4		2%	8%	19%	28%	35%
4028	25.7		2%	8%	16%	27%	34%
3452	26.3		1%	7%	16%	25%	33%
234	27.3		1%	6%	14%	24%	31%
133	27.3		1%	7%	15%	23%	31%
359	27.9		1%	6%	14%	22%	29%
694	28.7		1%	6%	14%	22%	27%
865	29.7		1%	4%	12%	18%	25%
1741	30.1		1%	4%	11%	18%	25%
868	30.7		1%	4%	11%	17%	24%
1706	30.8		1%	5%	11%	17%	23%
3478	31.4		1%	4%	11%	16%	23%
2481	31.6		1%	5%	11%	18%	22%
3538	31.8		1%	4%	11%	16%	21%
340	32.3		1%	4%	10%	16%	21%
2337	32.9		1%	4%	10%	15%	20%
1533	33.2		1%	3%	8%	13%	19%
33	33.6		0%	3%	8%	13%	18%
1731	34.1		1%	3%	9%	14%	18%
494	34.7		1%	3%	8%	13%	18%
1747	34.9		0%	3%	8%	13%	17%
245	35.7		0%	2%	6%	11%	16%
3641	37.1		0%	2%	6%	9%	14%
2834	37.5		0%	2%	6%	9%	13%
1640	37.9		0%	2%	6%	10%	13%
1218	39.0		0%	2%	5%	8%	12%
4265	39.1		0%	1%	4%	8%	11%
302	39.8		0%	2%	5%	8%	11%
2614	39.8		0%	2%	5%	8%	11%
2771	41.0		0%	1%	4%	7%	10%
708	41.1		0%	1%	3%	6%	9%
1806	41.3		0%	2%	5%	7%	10%
4967	41.8		0%	1%	2%	5%	8%
1024	41.8		0%	1%	4%	6%	9%
1102	42.2		0%	1%	3%	6%	9%
2451	42.3		0%	1%	4%	6%	8%
20	42.9		0%	1%	3%	6%	8%
2168	44.0		0%	1%	3%	6%	8%
4587	44.1		0%	1%	2%	5%	7%
2013	44.2		0%	1%	3%	5%	7%
384	44.8		0%	1%	2%	5%	7%
829	45.1		0%	1%	2%	4%	6%
88	45.6		0%	1%	3%	5%	6%
4944	46.2		0%	1%	2%	4%	6%
469	46.9		0%	0%	1%	3%	4%
1710	47.1		0%	1%	2%	4%	5%
3847	48.2		0%	1%	2%	3%	5%
1720	48.6		0%	0%	1%	2%	4%
3940	48.6		0%	0%	1%	3%	4%
5254	48.8		0%	0%	2%	3%	4%
2655	50.5		0%	0%	1%	2%	3%
2826	52.4		0%	0%	1%	2%	2%
1746	52.7		0%	0%	1%	2%	3%
2363	54.0		0%	0%	1%	1%	2%
6800	54.3		0%	0%	1%	1%	2%
2468	55.3		0%	0%	0%	1%	1%
4499	56.0		0%	0%	0%	1%	1%
Looks like a very deep field, 2056 and 2590 are the only teams I have at over even odds to rank in the top 8, due in large part to their proficiency at getting the face the boss RP. It'll be interesting to see how the predictions change after the schedule is released.

Feel free to critique/criticize all you want. If you see any consistent biases please let me know, my model has certainly had biases before. Just understand that if you wait until after the event to point out a flaw, I'm not going to give your opinion much weight since you've likely been deceived by hindsight bias.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 10:41 AM
SenpaiYoshi's Avatar
SenpaiYoshi SenpaiYoshi is offline
Registered User
FRC #0384 (Sparky 384)
Team Role: Mascot
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Rookie Year: 2016
Location: Henrico, Virginia
Posts: 28
SenpaiYoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
IRI ranking projections

It make me excited just the fact that basically no team has a extremely high chance to get into the top 8 it just shows how fierce the competition will hopefully be.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 10:50 AM
efoote868 efoote868 is offline
foote stepped in
AKA: E. Foote
FRC #0868
Team Role: Mentor
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Rookie Year: 2005
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,833
efoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

The biggest variable in predictions will be the student drivers.

From experience, I know there are at least a few teams that use off season events (even IRI) as practice and try-outs for next year, especially when they have graduating drive teams.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Ryan Dognaux's Avatar
Ryan Dognaux Ryan Dognaux is offline
The Nature Bot - WOOOO!
FRC #1720 (PhyXTGears)
Team Role: Mentor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Rookie Year: 2001
Location: Muncie, IN
Posts: 2,942
Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux
Re: IRI ranking projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by efoote868 View Post
The biggest variable in predictions will be the student drivers.

From experience, I know there are at least a few teams that use off season events (even IRI) as practice and try-outs for next year, especially when they have graduating drive teams.
Totally agree - I know we are bringing an entirely new drive team. All of our drive team members from last year graduated. Time to throw them into the toughest competition and see what happens.
__________________
Ryan Dognaux :: Last Name Pronounced 'Doane Yo'
Team 234 Alum: 2002 - 2005 :: Purdue FIRST Member: 2006 - 2009
Team 1646 Mentor: 2007 - 2009 :: Team 357 Mentor: 2009 - 2012
Team 4329 Mentor: 2013 - 2017 :: Team 1720 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Caleb Sykes's Avatar
Caleb Sykes Caleb Sykes is offline
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Rookie Year: 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,767
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by efoote868 View Post
The biggest variable in predictions will be the student drivers.

From experience, I know there are at least a few teams that use off season events (even IRI) as practice and try-outs for next year, especially when they have graduating drive teams.
Yeah, I don't presently have any kind of correction for this in my model, which probably causes the predictions to be more overconfident than they would otherwise be. Without knowing exactly which teams are swapping drivers, the best I can do would be to revert all skill metrics toward the mean some amount. I'll probably look into this eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Kevin Ainsworth's Avatar
Kevin Ainsworth Kevin Ainsworth is offline
Registered User
FRC #2451 (Pwnage)
Team Role: Engineer
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Rookie Year: 2011
Location: St. Charles, IL
Posts: 154
Kevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Ainsworth has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Our ranking is preposterous!!!
Its way to high.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Karthik Karthik is offline
Registered User
no team
Team Role: Mentor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Rookie Year: 1998
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,641
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Sykes View Post
Yeah, I don't presently have any kind of correction for this in my model, which probably causes the predictions to be more overconfident than they would otherwise be. Without knowing exactly which teams are swapping drivers, the best I can do would be to revert all skill metrics toward the mean some amount. I'll probably look into this eventually.

From a cursory look at these projections, I assumed that the sub-components were already heavily regressed to the mean. I think that's safe way of doing things in general and pretty much standard among many of the major sports projection systems. (DVOA projections, ZiPS, etc.)
__________________
:: Karthik Kanagasabapathy ::
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Brian Maher's Avatar
Brian Maher Brian Maher is offline
Undeserving of a fan club
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics)
Team Role: College Student
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Rookie Year: 2012
Location: Troy, NY
Posts: 1,361
Brian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

this 2791 prediction is almost as spicy as us seeding #1 on Darwin
__________________
2016-present, Mentor, FRC 2791 - Shaker Robotics
2018: Central New York Winner (2791, 340, 5030, 7081), Tech Valley Finalist (2791, 20, 3624, 5123), Darwin Division QF, IRI Invite, Ruckus Winners (3015, 2791, 6868, 3173), Robot Rumble Winners (2791, 5254, 3044)
2017: Tech Valley Winner (333, 2791, 5952), Curie Division QF, IRI Invite, Robot Rumble Winner (2791, 5881, 1880)
2016: Battlecry Winner (195, 2791, 501), Robot Rumble Winner (2791, 195, 6463)

2012-2015, Student, FRC 1257 - Parallel Universe
2015: North Brunswick Finalist (11, 193, 1257)
2014: Clifton Winner (1626, 869, 1257)

2017-present, SLFF - Questionable Decisionmakers
2018: Regular Season Finalist, Championship 3rd Place, Fantasy FIM Finalist
2017: Regular Season Winner, Championship Winner, Fantasy FIM Finalist, IRI Winner
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Caleb Sykes's Avatar
Caleb Sykes Caleb Sykes is offline
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Rookie Year: 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,767
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Maher View Post
this 2791 prediction is almost as spicy as us seeding #1 on Darwin
If you disappoint me again I might have to throw a special 2791 penalty into my model.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Caleb Sykes's Avatar
Caleb Sykes Caleb Sykes is offline
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Rookie Year: 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,767
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik View Post
From a cursory look at these projections, I assumed that the sub-components were already heavily regressed to the mean. I think that's safe way of doing things in general and pretty much standard among many of the major sports projection systems. (DVOA projections, ZiPS, etc.)
No, I haven't regressed anything toward the mean yet, which means that the Elo ratings used here are each team's end of season rating and the calculated contributions used here are each team's max calculated contribution in that category from the season. I regress Elos toward the mean 20% (in addition to factoring in the team's Elo from two seasons ago) between seasons and calculated contributions toward the mean 10% between seasons though. I'm pretty sure my off-season predictions could be improved by regressing a bit toward the mean, but I don't know off hand what would be an optimal amount, and the optimal value likely even varies across off-season events, depending on how close we are to the end of last season and how "seriously" teams take the event.
Reply With Quote
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Ojmck Ojmck is offline
Registered User
FRC #0865
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 5
Ojmck is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IRI ranking projections

I have a question about how the program/you discover the average rank?
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-07-2018, 10:41 AM
Caleb Sykes's Avatar
Caleb Sykes Caleb Sykes is offline
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Rookie Year: 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,767
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojmck View Post
I have a question about how the program/you discover the average rank?
Are you asking how the probability distributions generally are created? Or just how do I get an average after I have calculated probabilities for all ranks?

For the latter, all I need to do is use the definition of mean for a discrete probability distribution, which is:

Where in our case, x is a rank and P(x) is the probability of getting rank x.

For example, say a team has a 70% chance of seeding first, 20% chance of seeding second, and a 10% chance of seeding third. Their average rank will then be (70%)*1+(20%)*2+(10%)*3=0.7+0.4+0.3=1.4
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Caleb Sykes's Avatar
Caleb Sykes Caleb Sykes is offline
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Rookie Year: 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,767
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Updated projections with the new team list (no 2363). No really huge changes, I just wanted to make it easier to compare with future projections.

Code:
Team	average rank	1	Top 4	Top 8	Top 12	Top 15
2056	10.0		15%	42%	58%	74%	78%
2590	10.8		15%	41%	55%	72%	75%
1619	14.6		8%	26%	41%	58%	64%
195	15.8		5%	20%	37%	51%	62%
118	16.2		6%	22%	38%	52%	59%
624	18.1		6%	20%	32%	48%	53%
319	18.3		4%	17%	31%	45%	54%
225	18.6		3%	14%	30%	41%	52%
67	18.7		5%	18%	31%	46%	52%
5406	20.3		3%	14%	26%	41%	47%
2791	21.3		3%	12%	24%	37%	44%
3357	22.2		2%	11%	23%	33%	42%
3707	22.4		2%	11%	23%	33%	42%
217	24.6		2%	9%	20%	29%	36%
4028	25.6		1%	8%	16%	28%	35%
3452	26.1		1%	6%	16%	24%	32%
133	26.8		1%	7%	16%	23%	31%
234	27.5		1%	6%	13%	23%	30%
359	27.8		1%	6%	14%	22%	30%
694	28.4		1%	6%	15%	22%	28%
865	29.6		1%	4%	11%	18%	25%
1741	30.3		1%	4%	11%	17%	24%
868	30.7		1%	4%	11%	17%	23%
1706	30.7		1%	4%	11%	17%	23%
3478	31.2		1%	4%	11%	17%	23%
3538	31.4		1%	4%	11%	17%	22%
2481	31.6		1%	4%	11%	17%	22%
340	31.8		1%	4%	10%	16%	21%
2337	32.4		1%	4%	10%	16%	21%
33	33.2		0%	3%	8%	13%	19%
1533	33.4		0%	3%	7%	12%	18%
1731	34.0		1%	3%	9%	14%	18%
494	34.3		1%	3%	8%	13%	18%
245	35.0		1%	3%	7%	13%	17%
1747	35.0		1%	3%	8%	13%	17%
3641	36.9		0%	2%	5%	9%	13%
2834	37.0		0%	2%	6%	10%	14%
1640	37.6		0%	2%	6%	10%	14%
1218	38.6		0%	1%	5%	8%	12%
4265	38.7		0%	2%	5%	8%	12%
302	39.3		0%	2%	5%	8%	12%
2614	39.6		0%	2%	5%	8%	12%
2771	40.5		0%	1%	4%	7%	10%
708	40.6		0%	1%	3%	6%	10%
1806	40.7		0%	2%	5%	8%	10%
4967	41.4		0%	1%	3%	5%	8%
1024	41.7		0%	1%	4%	6%	9%
1102	41.8		0%	1%	4%	6%	9%
2451	42.0		0%	1%	4%	6%	9%
20	42.5		0%	1%	3%	6%	8%
2168	43.2		0%	1%	3%	6%	8%
2013	43.6		0%	1%	3%	5%	7%
4587	44.0		0%	1%	3%	5%	7%
384	44.3		0%	1%	3%	5%	7%
829	44.9		0%	1%	2%	4%	6%
88	45.4		0%	1%	3%	5%	6%
4944	45.8		0%	1%	2%	4%	6%
469	46.7		0%	0%	1%	2%	4%
1710	46.8		0%	1%	2%	3%	5%
3847	47.4		0%	1%	2%	4%	5%
1720	48.2		0%	0%	1%	2%	4%
5254	48.7		0%	0%	1%	2%	4%
3940	48.7		0%	0%	1%	2%	4%
2655	50.5		0%	0%	1%	2%	3%
1746	52.2		0%	0%	1%	2%	3%
2826	52.2		0%	0%	1%	2%	2%
6800	53.9		0%	0%	1%	1%	2%
2468	54.7		0%	0%	0%	1%	1%
4499	55.4		0%	0%	0%	1%	1%
I'm surprised by how confident people seem to be that 2056 will seed first. They may well be the favorites, but I'd take the rest of the field over them to seed first in a heartbeat. Indeed, every team except 2468 managed to seed first in at least one of my simulations.
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-11-2018, 11:09 AM
TheBoulderite TheBoulderite is offline
Will join FRC team for food.
AKA: Warren Bartlett
no team
Team Role: Alumni
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Rookie Year: 2015
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 716
TheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Sykes View Post
Indeed, every team except 2468 managed to seed first in at least one of my simulations.
Prove him wrong, Team Appreciate.
__________________
2015-2017: 1619 (Up-A-Creek Robotics)
1619's Alliance Partners, 2005-2018:
(1583, 1667, 937, 1332, 1158[x2], 1348[x2], 2543, 2261, 1777, 2240, 3648[x2], 2036, 3200, 1410, 3807, 4550[x2], 399, 2594, 4598, 1987, 4153, 624, 4334, 1730, 4593, 3618, 967, 3026, 4499, 3009, 1011[x2], 525, 4028, 3352, 662, 1339, 3309, 1319, 4944, 846, 4610, 148, 5414, 2122, 3145, 1678, 4061, 1723)
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-11-2018, 11:10 AM
tmpoles's Avatar
tmpoles tmpoles is offline
FF: The Breakfast Company
AKA: Taegen Poles
FRC #4476 (W.A.F.F.L.E.S)
Team Role: Mentor
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Rookie Year: 2012
Location: Kingston, ON
Posts: 691
tmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond reputetmpoles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRI ranking projections

I wonder if there's a way that you can take into account things other than pure stats...this works super well for in season events, but offseason is hard because robots/drivers can change spontaneously.

tldr please make an AI that can consider everything ever

Looking forward to comparing this to how it actually shakes out!
__________________
FRC 4476 Mentor (Strategy/Awards):

2018: ONOSH W(610, 6110), ONNOB F(2708, 5834), ONCMP1 QF(4618, 2386), CARS QF(384, 4004, 191)
2018 Awards: ONOSH Chairmans, ONNOB Excellence in Engineering, CARS Team Spirit
2017: ONOSH SF(5036, 3683), ONWAT SF(4917, 6342), ONNOB SF(865, 5834), ONCMP QF(5036, 4917), ARCH QF(3467, 930, 1325)
2017 Awards: ONWAT Engineering Inspiration, ONNOB Creativity, ONCMP Engineering Inspiration

Also a 771 alum, Fantasy First TBC member, President of QFRC, Mentor of FLL team 37641 and FLL/FRC referee!

I am honoured to be representing Canada as a W Series qualifier and compete for my chance to race a Formula 3 car in the series. If you're interested in supporting my racing or learning more, feel free to send me a PM!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

The Chief Delphi Forums are sponsored by Innovation First International, Inc.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Chief Delphi