OCCRA
Go to Post This is the best experience you will ever get. - Arefin Bari [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Unsung FIRST Heroes
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2008, 03:37 AM
i heart infrared
AKA: Neil Parikh
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
nparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond reputenparikh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nparikh Send a message via MSN to nparikh
Re: UFH: Jessica Jankowitsch

I was first introduced to Jess through a mutual friend (Bharat) and I have to say my life has changed since then. As a friend, peer, and practically a sister, she has influenced me in ways beyond what she can imagine. An incredible asset to FIRST, I don't know what we'd do without her. Her incredible energy, focus, dedication, and ability to inspire others is unmatched amongst her peers and she is a role model for many generations to come. I think many of us will strive to be the caring, kind-hearted, and truly amazing person Jess is.

Cheers, Jess! You truly deserve this!

Team 25 Alumnus
Attending: NJ Regional, Boston Regional, the Championship Event
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Mr MOE's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
MOE 365 Team Coordinator
AKA: John Larock
None #0365 (Miracle Workerz)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Mr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond repute

Jess:

On behalf of MOE 365, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our team gives a MOE cheer to you.

Clap-Clap Clap-Clap-Clap Clap-Clap-Clap-Clap GO JESS!

Well deserved recognition!
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
AKA: Denise M. Lewis
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
dmlewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: UFH: Jessica Jankowitsch

Congratulations, Jess! You done good!

Denise M. Lewis
FIRST Senior Mentor - District of Columbia

Denise Lewis
FIRST Senior Mentor - DC
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
I come through in a spinsch
AKA: George
FRC #0011 (MORT)

Rookie Year: 2001
George A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Jess,

I can't remember when we first met, but I do know that having you at competitions always makes them more interesting.
Game Announcer NY: 2005-2008
Game Announcer Champsionships: 2005-2008

#35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2008, 01:06 PM
FRC #0084 (Chuck 84)

Rookie Year: 1997
JudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud of

Way to go, girl!!!!

Congratulations! It's well deserved.
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-19-2008, 07:24 AM
esse quam videri
AKA: with an "i"
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

KelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve it! You work harder than a lot of people in FIRST and you are the definition of UFH!

~Live what you love~
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2008, 04:26 PM
6 years and counting! :)
AKA: the only fish in FIRST
FRC #0007 (Team 007); FRC #1719 (Umbrella Corp)

Rookie Year: 2003
Dorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dorienne

Mom!

Congratulations, sweetheart! I'm so proud of you. You've always been so passionate about FIRST, and I'm so happy that people can now see how much work you've put into this wonderful program.

I love you!

Proud mentor to teams 007 and 1719!
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Program Manager, FIRST in Texas
AKA: Jess Jankowitsch
FRC #2158 (ausTIN CANs)

Rookie Year: 2001
jessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond reputejessjank. has a reputation beyond repute

(Sorry for the delay in response Ė lack of internet access at home during breaks is always a pain!)

I really, truly appreciate all your thoughtful congratulations. This recognition means a lot to me and I hope that it serves to motivate other young FIRST alum not only to stay involved, but also to delve into more active roles in the program. I know how important my experience was as a team member and that itís absolutely imperative to make sure other students are provided with similar the opportunities. Without all of you who I call my heroes - my FIRST mentors as a student member and those who have continued to take me under their wing today, friends (many who call me mom, even though Iím fairly certain Iím much too young for that, hahaÖ), and all those Iíve had the chance to work within the Pittsburgh FIRST community and beyond - I certainly would not have had all those amazing opportunities in FIRST and the possibilities of making impacts that have come about over the years. Thank you to all of you who have supported and encouraged me during my time in FIRST. You have all helped to make my time in FIRST by far one of the most worthwhile and enriching experiences of my life. You donít know how much I have valued your advice and been inspired by your commitment to this program. Someday I hope to be as awesome as so many of you!

Thanks again everyone! I hope you all have an exciting kickoff, not too exhausting build, and a very rewarding competition season! See you all in 2009!
Mentor - ausTIN CANs FRC/VRC 2158: 2010-Present | Alumna - Cybersonics FRC 103: 2001-05
Volunteer/Judges Coordinator - Pittsburgh Regional FRC: 2007-11 | FIRST Senior Mentor - Western PA: 2008-09
Emcee & Game Announcer - World Championship VRC: 2010-11

The University of Texas at Austin, Graduate Student | Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2005
jessjank@gmail.com
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 10:13 AM
FIRST Robotics Alumnus (Team 422)
AKA: Mark T. Tomczak
FRC #2051 (Beattie Bulldogs)

fixermark is a name known to allfixermark is a name known to allfixermark is a name known to allfixermark is a name known to allfixermark is a name known to allfixermark is a name known to all

I've had the privilege of working with Jess as a volunteer for several years now, and am very much looking forward to the 2009 season!

As a volunteer, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of FIRST---the number of unique challenges that come with every single day. Jess does an excellent job of keeping us in the loop, supporting our needs and our teams' needs, and generally making the entire crazy project feel... possible.

Thank you for all your hard work, Jess. We really couldn't do it without you.
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:23 PM
AKA: Mike Dischner
FRC #1708 (AMP'd Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2005
Mr. D is just really niceMr. D is just really niceMr. D is just really niceMr. D is just really nice

I am remiss in responding to this award and do apologize.

Jess, you are by far the best inspiration anyone could ever have of the SPIRIT of FIRST. Our team and Pittsburgh in general have benefited from your dedication and love for this noble endeavor.

Nothing I write could come close to the gratitude and admiration I have for you and your contribution to TEAM 1708 and Pittsburgh.

You are the daughter I never had and consider it an honor to call you friend and part of my family.

Mike, Tootie and Mike Jr.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.- Teddy Roosevelt

Proud member of FIRST Since 2005
US Navy 1970 - 1974 USS Ranger CVA-61

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: