OCCRA
Go to Post Mark McLeod, one of the resident experts on compiler weirdness - Kevin Watson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 04:40 PM
FRC RI/FLL Field Manager
AKA: Max Vrany
FRC #1306 (BadgerBOTS)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
cgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond reputecgmv123 has a reputation beyond repute
FRC Blog - Event Data Improvements – Don’t be a Dinosaur!

https://www.firstinspires.org/roboti...-be-a-dinosaur

Quote:
Today we wanted to remind you about some features and functionality of the FRC Events website and API. At all official events, the Field Management System (FMS) sends data about the event to FIRST’s servers in real-time and we make that data available on both our webpages and our API. Starting with FIRST STEAMWORKS, Teams running off-season events can also apply to have their results available via these resources as well. There’s lots of other great information on these sites, such as full event listings during the competition season, and details about each registered team. You can even access official event data back to the 2006 season now, using the “Switch Seasons” menu on the homepage. If there is a particular team or event you’re interested in, use the bar on the top middle of the homepage to quickly jump around the site. We’ve also improved the awards listings – it’s now possible to see which awards qualify a team for the FIRST Championship, and the team “nickname” alongside their full sponsor list. Starting today, you’ll be able to see event capacities, and soon you’ll be able to watch match videos from FIRST streamed events, and more. FIRST’s continuing partnership with Twitch means that a richer live event viewing experience will also be coming to the FRC Events website for the 2018 season.

From time to time, for improvements to be made, other things must be retired or left by the wayside. In the coming days, a series of pages known as “lasso” will be disappearing (after all, lassos are for Dinosaurs!*). Many in our community may not know these pages exist, but for others they have served as an additional location to gather registration and event data. These pages, many years ago, we’re used by the FMS to communicate with FIRST HQ. Our transition to cloud-based architecture and APIs eliminates the need for these pages, as all the data that was available via “lasso” pages is accessible via our FRC Events website and/or API. We encourage folks who currently utilize lasso pages to use this opportunity to check out our API for all their data needs. You can read through our API documentation and examples here, and join our TeamForge project to receive a key or ask questions.

One of the most popular requests we receive is to view all events, with their capacity information, in one location. We’ve made a page specifically for this purpose- and you’re welcome to reference that page when selecting events to register for this season. The FRC Events website and API will undergo changes to update registration and event data more quickly than last year- up to several times per day. Please note that event information, especially capacity data, is shown for informational purposes only. Lots of factors, including reserve capacity changes and event layout updates can cause this information to change.

All of our pages are cross-browser and mobile-compatible. iPhone and Android users can even use the “Add to Home Screen” options within Safari/Chrome respectively to save the FRC Events webpages to their home screen for quick access- just like “normal” app icons would appear:

Link to large image

There’s also a number of awesome community created applications that available on the App Store or Google Play. Under the hood many of these apps use the FRC Events API, and it can also serve as a great learning opportunity for students and mentors alike. We love to see what the community develops!

As a reminder, with both District Rankings and Event Results, a steady Internet connection from the venue is necessary in order for FMS data to be sent to FIRST servers. The Engineering team understands our community’s desire for the most up to the minute results information and is dedicated to ensuring this is available with all events. In cases where Internet is not available, or experiences outages, the missing data will be uploaded as soon as possible, either during or after the event.

We invite you to share the links for the FRC Events website (https://frc-events.firstinspires.org) with your friends and family, so they can track your team’s progress through the season. Additionally, we’re always looking for ways to improve your experience with our products, and we welcome feedback at frcteams@firstinspires.org for our future planning!

Best of luck this season- we’ll see you at the events!

* As we learned in Valley of Gwangi, of course:

2016 FIRST Championship Tesla Division | 2016 Wisconsin Regional Engineering Inspiration Award

2015 FIRST Championship Carson Division | 2015 Wisconsin Regional Chairman's Award

2013 FIRST Championship Curie Division | 2013 Wisconsin Regional Chairman's Award

2012 FIRST Championship Archimedes Division | 2012 Wisconsin Regional Engineering Inspiration Award, Woodie Flowers Finalist Award (Lead Mentor Ben Senson)

Last edited by cgmv123 : 09-11-2017 at 04:50 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 04:46 PM
User
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FRC Blog - Event Data Improvements – Don’t be a Dinosaur!

Oh god... *goes off to check various scripts*

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Mentor, LRI, MN RPC
FRC #2177 (The Robettes)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Jon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond repute

The Events API is pretty nice. For several years now it's powered the MN State Championship rankings calculation, which helped to eliminate the manual entry errors that plagued us the first couple of years before the API came out!
2016: Lake Superior WFFA
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Discerning and exacting individual
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute

I like Ray Harryhausen. I like Willis O'Brien too.

Also, I read "Di..." and thought "I hope it's Diplodocus" and then it was "Dinosaur" so I wasn't as disappointed as I could have been.
Clarke's Laws
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 05:58 PM
FRC #3138 (Innovators Robotics)

Michael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Is Valley of Gwangi worse than The Beast of Hollow Mountain?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 06:43 PM
INTENSITY
AKA: Harsharan "Harsh" Dhaliwal
FRC #2073 (Eagleforce)

Rookie Year: 2010
MrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond reputeMrTechCenter has a reputation beyond repute

So.....they basically recreated TBA? In their own version?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Ernst
AKA: Ernst
FRC #1732 (Hilltoppers)

Rookie Year: 2011
Ernst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond reputeErnst has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the coming days, a series of pages known as “lasso” will be disappearing
Will this kill FRClinks?

Robotics Association at UW-Milwaukee
Website, Facebook
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 07:03 PM
AKA: inkling16
no team

Rookie Year: 2009
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

Videos are cool and all, but I got really excited for a second thinking that FIRST might be exposing even more match data with their API. Somewhere down the road it would be amazing if the API exposed the match breakdown data for every second in each match, there would be so many crazy fun statistics we could make with that info.

Then again, I have been publishing results of statistics projects about once a month for the past year and I still have a backlog of at least 4 other projects I want to work on, so its probably good for me personally that they haven't done this yet.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 07:35 PM
AKA: Tim Flynn
FRC #1257 (Parallel Universe), #1228 (RoboTribe)

Rookie Year: 2012
tjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Sykes View Post
Videos are cool and all, but I got really excited for a second thinking that FIRST might be exposing even more match data with their API. Somewhere down the road it would be amazing if the API exposed the match breakdown data for every second in each match, there would be so many crazy fun statistics we could make with that info.

Then again, I have been publishing results of statistics projects about once a month for the past year and I still have a backlog of at least 4 other projects I want to work on, so its probably good for me personally that they haven't done this yet.
Well, though it isn't from FIRST, it might help you out if you have match videos readily available. You could split videos into frames, look at the time, and see what changed since the last frame and based on the scoring elements for a year, interpolate alliance scoring rates for different objectives.

https://github.com/andrewda/frc-livescore

1257 (2016) - Student
1257 (2017-Present) - Overactive Alumn | 1228 (2017-Present) - I do stuff
KD2KRT
My ideas and comments are my own, bla bla bla. If I say anything blatantly wrong, please do me the favor of correcting me. Learning is one thing I'd rather like to keep doing.

Last edited by tjf : 09-11-2017 at 07:38 PM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Captain | Driver | Senior
AKA: Rohit Gondi
FRC #3991 (KnightVision)
Team Role: Driver

dirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond repute

psssssst @first ..... guess what people are still going to be using........ i'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "the glue alliance".

Thanks to all our alliance partners this year!:
16 | 3310 | 2183 | 4063 | 2992 | 2183 | 3039 | 3337 | 3039 | 2221
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Not Allowed Near Power Tools
AKA: Nick Schatz
FRC #3184 (Blaze Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2014
nickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud ofnickbrickmaster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikerxz View Post
psssssst @first ..... guess what people are still going to be using........ i'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "the glue alliance".
You can't fault FIRST for trying to improve their own tools. They can't promote TBA, just as they can't promote CD. There are lots of teams that don't use either of those tools, so shutting down the FIRST forums or letting frc-events stagnate is not a viable option. Plus, what if the TBA devs decide that they can't maintain it any more and it goes dead? You'll be happy that frc-events shows this information.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Captain | Driver | Senior
AKA: Rohit Gondi
FRC #3991 (KnightVision)
Team Role: Driver

dirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbrickmaster View Post
You can't fault FIRST for trying to improve their own tools. They can't promote TBA, just as they can't promote CD. There are lots of teams that don't use either of those tools, so shutting down the FIRST forums or letting frc-events stagnate is not a viable option. Plus, what if the TBA devs decide that they can't maintain it any more and it goes dead? You'll be happy that frc-events shows this information.
But they can promote it. They already showed that they are able to promote something like TBA by promoting "the orange alliance" for FTC. https://www.firstinspires.org/resour...nd-season-info Scroll down to where it says "season results" and the orange alliance is clearly listed.

Thanks to all our alliance partners this year!:
16 | 3310 | 2183 | 4063 | 2992 | 2183 | 3039 | 3337 | 3039 | 2221
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 08:49 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Will this kill FRClinks?
FRClinks hasn't been working for 2018, yet.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Cynicism isn't wisdom
FRC #2363
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1999
Nate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
FRClinks hasn't been working for 2018, yet.
Aye, because nobody is registered for 2018 events yet.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2017, 09:16 PM
AKA: inkling16
no team

Rookie Year: 2009
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjf View Post
Well, though it isn't from FIRST, it might help you out if you have match videos readily available. You could split videos into frames, look at the time, and see what changed since the last frame and based on the scoring elements for a year, interpolate alliance scoring rates for different objectives.

https://github.com/andrewda/frc-livescore
That looks super interesting! I'll increase my backlog by 1.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: