OCCRA
Go to Post We are different, on purpose, for a reason. No one in FIRST should EVER forget that. - Rich Kressly [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Awards > Chairman's Award
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2017, 08:17 PM
FRC #4967 (That ONE Team)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2015
Joey Jordan has a spectacular aura aboutJoey Jordan has a spectacular aura about
The best of the best: Chairman's Videos

As a presentation/P.R. guy, when a team puts out a great chairman's video, (looking at you, Grizzlies) I start taking notes. When a team puts out an amazing video, I burn my notepad. Defining amazing as "Not necessarily the best material out there, but presented in such a way as to blow your mind, using a solid base, incredible video quality, good visuals, multiple cuts, clean audio, and a catchy/easy to follow narrative.", what are some of the best Chairman's videos you've seen over the years?

I really liked the videos from Ililte and Thunder Down Under for the 2016-2017 season, though I may be slightly biased as far as Ilite goes. (my team is in there for 2 or 3 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUX7DZcjEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZr4mHW2XE&t=2s

Note: These don't have to be people who won it at St. Louis/Houston, a Regional event, or even a District Competition. I'm actually curious how many teams have put out an amazing video and not made it super far.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2017, 08:52 PM
FRC #4732 (SWC Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2016
WelderManiac is on a distinguished road
Re: The best of the best: Chairman's Videos

1114's video from 2012 is top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFwz3FZqiuc

The video and format is uniform throughout, and every person speaking is portraying the same message. They also bring in people from outside of 1114 for extra effect. They don't beat around the bush, but are very straightforward about why they're qualified for chairman's. I like that.

3132 takes it in a different direction with a different approach, but they are also able to effectively showcase why and how they deserve the Chairman's Award.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Will join FRC team for food.
AKA: Warren Bartlett
no team
Team Role: Alumni

TheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a personal fan of 27's 2014 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCz2yTVPxbM

My opinions and statements I make are my own and are not reflective of what any of my former teams believe or think.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2017, 07:11 AM
It isnt about bots,its about humans
AKA: Liron Gurvitz
FRC #3211 (The Y Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Tottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond reputeTottanka has a reputation beyond repute

I consider my team's 2 last Chariman's video quite unique, have a look:

2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiV_lBvIJCM

2016:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Vu...oSbgTn&index=2
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2017, 11:20 AM
Co-President
AKA: Ryan Shavell
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2013
Oromus is a splendid one to beholdOromus is a splendid one to beholdOromus is a splendid one to beholdOromus is a splendid one to beholdOromus is a splendid one to beholdOromus is a splendid one to beholdOromus is a splendid one to behold

I was really proud of our 2016 Chairman's video. The end in particular had us crying and elicited an amazing response from the crowd at Rocket City.

1902 - Co-President, Control Systems Captain, Operator
2017: Orlando Chairman's | Bayou Finalist, Dean's List, Spirit | Houston Championship Chairman's Finalist
2016: Rocket City Chairman's
2015: GSCR Chairman's | Orlando Imagery

Last edited by Oromus : 07-30-2017 at 11:23 AM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2017, 11:38 AM
Professional Multitasker
AKA: Samuel Perkowsky
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2014
Sperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond reputeSperkowsky has a reputation beyond repute

4613s is pretty darn cool - https://youtu.be/UgK-pGp4TPk

Team 2869 Captain/Driver 2014-2017
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2017, 08:49 PM
AKA: Mark
FRC #2485 (W.A.R. Lords)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2011
Mk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond repute

I am fan of the 254 2012 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCjfmOAZsg The last scene from Jim tugs a heart string a bit as he passed this week from his battle with cancer RIP.

And locally the 1538 video from the year they won national https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p62jRCMkoiw

Both these videos, and many above seem to follow a trend that they present these teams simply and showcase the impact they've had around the community/word without coming off as bragging or showboating.

It's also interseting seeing how video production as improved over the years. The popularity of DSLRs that can shoot video well has dramatically improved the IQ of what the average team can obtain. Thought the content definitely is more important then how pretty the video looks.

Team President: Team 3647 2010-2013
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2017, 09:02 PM
AKA: Erik Yngstrom
FRC #1768
Team Role: Mechanical

FrisbeeFunTime will become famous soon enoughFrisbeeFunTime will become famous soon enough

I absolutely love 3132's 2017 chairmen's video, they did an incredible job on it.
https://youtu.be/yyZr4mHW2XE
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-03-2017, 12:47 AM
AKA: Kiatin
FRC #3132 (Thunder Down Under)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
kiasam111 has much to be proud ofkiasam111 has much to be proud ofkiasam111 has much to be proud ofkiasam111 has much to be proud ofkiasam111 has much to be proud ofkiasam111 has much to be proud ofkiasam111 has much to be proud ofkiasam111 has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your positive comments! We really wanted to try something different from our previous videos and focused less on delivering a super comprehensive summary of what we did. Judges will hear about everything you've done in your presentation and essay. Instead, we based our video on the empirical evidence we experienced at outreach events of the power of the video for promoting the team. It quickly grabbed the attention of visitors/potential students, parents and sponsors, and allowed us to begin a conversation about the team and the FIRST programs. With this view, we designed our video to be the most powerful promotion tool for our team that we could; to quickly and effectively capture someone's attention about our team and the program. The kids really got behind the video concept early and had an awesome time sharing our story with the world!

Sydney, Australia

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: