OCCRA
Go to Post When I had "shop" back in High School they emphazied safety to the fullest extreme. I'm glad they did, I still have a full set of 7 fingers........ - Stillen [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > National Instruments LabVIEW and Data Acquisition
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2018, 05:06 PM
FRC #3009 (The High Scalers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2016
traverda is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to traverda Send a message via MSN to traverda Send a message via Yahoo to traverda
ADI 16448 Registry Set Error

Last year our team used the ADI 16448 IMU in LabVIEW, and this year the associated IMU vi's have changed so that they no longer properly "play" together. It appears that the "IMU 16448 Open" vi has been very recently modified (github.com/juchong/ADIS16448-RoboRIO-Driver), but not the "IMU 16448 Set/Get Registry" vi's. The Open exposes an "ADI IMU DevRef Out" data type, and the associated "ADI IMU Registry Set" currently expects an "ADI Interrupt DevRef In" type as input. The corresponding "ADI IMU Registry Get" likewise outputs an "ADI IMU Interrupt DevRef" type, not an "ADI IMU DevRef" output the "ADI IMU Reset" is expecting. Is there a conversion between the two data types that I am missing?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2018, 10:49 PM
Electrical Engineer
AKA: Juan Chong
FRC #2655 (Flying Platypi)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2008
juchong is a jewel in the roughjuchong is a jewel in the roughjuchong is a jewel in the rough
Re: ADI 16448 Registry Set Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by traverda View Post
Last year our team used the ADI 16448 IMU in LabVIEW, and this year the associated IMU vi's have changed so that they no longer properly "play" together. It appears that the "IMU 16448 Open" vi has been very recently modified (github.com/juchong/ADIS16448-RoboRIO-Driver), but not the "IMU 16448 Set/Get Registry" vi's. The Open exposes an "ADI IMU DevRef Out" data type, and the associated "ADI IMU Registry Set" currently expects an "ADI Interrupt DevRef In" type as input. The corresponding "ADI IMU Registry Get" likewise outputs an "ADI IMU Interrupt DevRef" type, not an "ADI IMU DevRef" output the "ADI IMU Reset" is expecting. Is there a conversion between the two data types that I am missing?
Hi! It looks like in my haste to finish updating the driver I failed to clean up. dkt01 on GitHub went ahead and cleaned up the DevRef issues. If you pull and use the new code, you should be good to go! I'm also working on building an updated installer that should be online later tonight.
Team 2655 | The Flying Platypi | Mentor | 2014-2018
Analog Devices Inc. | KoP Supplier | FRC Gyro Designer | More Info

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: