OCCRA
Go to Post Count on the English teacher to be the one to actually understand the wording of the rules! - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > District Events
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Reversible bumpers are my trigger
AKA: Marcus Quintilian
FRC #5406 (Celt-X)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2012
mman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond repute
ONT District - McMaster University Event Preview[ONHAM]

Sometimes referred to as the "New Waterloo" the McMaster University event may just be the deepest regional level event in FRC this year. Over 25% of the teams were in the finals of their previous event! Some highlights:

2056-For the first time ever in their team's history 2056 missed out on the blue banner at their first event of the season. Despite this it'd be a shame to underestimate them with their signature "bent" elevator, a 3 cube auto and a polished ramp. They've yet to even make the finals at McMaster in years past so I'd bet we'll see them go all out to secure the win.

5406-Even after ranking 1st and sweeping through elims at Ryerson 5406 still needs to prove their worth on the scale if they want to win. Unlike most of their competitors they've had a couple weeks to work on some new autos and make a couple minor changes that will hopefully allow them to climb to the top.

3683-While we historically see Dave build robots with a smaller feature set this year they decided to build a robot with a smaller size. While they got off to a rocky start at Waterloo they managed to pull off the win with some speedy driving from their incredibly seasoned driver. If you haven't yet seen it their semi final match where they still manage to win even with their entire electrical panel hanging out was absolutely incredible.

1241-While some may see 2056's Waterloo pick as a misstep I think it's incredibly clear why they did. I was absolutely blown away with how smooth 1241's scoring is, it's obvious that they've spent a ton of time practicing and optimizing their robot. I'm expecting big things from this bot.

1325-Inverse paradox is a speedy scorer with a lot of autons which making it easy to see why they won York. I am concerned about their ability to score on a loosing scale without a pivoting wrist. As long a they keep the scale in their favor they are gonna be tough to beat.

4618/4976-I feel bad for grouping both of these strong scorers together but I really wouldn't be surprised to see both these teams end up on the same side of the glass yet again. Both these robots have a lot of potential but they had some struggles keeping things together in playoffs at York. I worry about their ability to make changes with a tight late season event schedule. I'd love to be proven wrong however and I think we're likely to see strong showings from both these teams at DCMP.

2609/4039-Both these teams are powerful switch only robots going for the 3rd play of the season. While I think they might struggle to keep up with all the strong scale robots this might turn out to be a blessing in disguise as each could put together a strong lower seeded alliance due to the depth of the event.

Some under appreciated teams I want to highlight:

6632-This robot is really impressive for a 2nd year team. They have solid scale and climbing abilities. I'm pretty sure they would be a top bot in some parts of the world. I'm excited to see what they have in store for the future.

5409-They have an elevator mounted on a scissor lift with double buddy bars and it's entirely powder coated! I'm not sure how anyone could top that.

2386-Trojan's amazing driving allowed them to secure the win at this event last year. After a solid showing in week 1 at Georgian they've had quite a while to improve. They could definitely be a serious contender at this event.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2018, 08:41 AM
AKA: Andrew Agnew-Stewart
FRC #5406 (5406 Celt-X)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
Andrew A.S. will become famous soon enoughAndrew A.S. will become famous soon enough
Re: ONT District - McMaster University Event Preview[ONHAM]

Day 1 of McMaster has been upload here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cY9F2DFc97dgUH

The rest of the videos will be uploaded by tonight or tomorrow. Good luck to all of the teams competing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: