OCCRA
Go to Post Fame is a funny thing, you can do nothing and get it, and do everything and get none. For me, it's not fame, but infamy that follows me. - Joe Matt [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-17-2018, 11:47 AM
FRC #3999

Mr.Frishman3999 is just really niceMr.Frishman3999 is just really niceMr.Frishman3999 is just really niceMr.Frishman3999 is just really nice
Shadetree Robotics signs off

TRR 2018 was the last event that Team 3999 will ever compete in. The team will be shutting down operations due to a lack of money,students,and mentors. While I am sad about the outcome I am extremely proud of what we accomplished.
When we started the team in 2011 we never expected to be around for more than 5 years. 8 years later we were still around. With no corporate or school district support we built robots that were competitive and produced a number of students that went on to do great things. We shut down knowing that we did the right thing.
In conclusion I want to send a huge "Thank You" to all of the mentors and parents we had through the years. I also want to thank all of the other teams that we had the privledge of working with. The list includes but is not limited to:418,2468,2158,3847, and 2881.I'm not sure how it will feel to not have to register for the upcoming season. I do know that I will enjoy having my house back!
Leigh Frishman
Team 3999
Shadetree Robotics
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-17-2018, 02:27 PM
FRC #4335 (Metallic Clouds)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2011
Jrizo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Shadetree Robotics signs off

Sad to hear that. Your team will be missed.

2012 Rookie Inspiration
Dallas Regional
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Team 2468 Coach/Adviser
AKA: Norman Morgan
FRC #2468 (Team Appreciate)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2008
Coach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond repute

Leigh and FRC 3999,
It is sad to hear of the end of an era for a home based team. I personally always admired what you and your team have accomplished. FRC2468 Team Appreciate always enjoyed competing with and against your team. You brought such a great can do attitude and sense of purpose to the tournaments. For such a small team, you have impacted each tournament you were competing providing such a strong volunteer force.
It will not be the same without Shadetree Mechanics around.
Norman

Win The Day!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Frishman3999 View Post
TRR 2018 was the last event that Team 3999 will ever compete in. The team will be shutting down operations due to a lack of money,students,and mentors. While I am sad about the outcome I am extremely proud of what we accomplished.
When we started the team in 2011 we never expected to be around for more than 5 years. 8 years later we were still around. With no corporate or school district support we built robots that were competitive and produced a number of students that went on to do great things. We shut down knowing that we did the right thing.
In conclusion I want to send a huge "Thank You" to all of the mentors and parents we had through the years. I also want to thank all of the other teams that we had the privledge of working with. The list includes but is not limited to:418,2468,2158,3847, and 2881.I'm not sure how it will feel to not have to register for the upcoming season. I do know that I will enjoy having my house back!
Leigh Frishman
Team 3999
Shadetree Robotics
What terrible news.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-19-2018, 03:00 PM
FRC #4063 (4063 TrikzR4Kidz)

Rookie Year: 2012
Davis Racing is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure I will still be looking for 3999 at the Texas events, as that team has made a permanent impression in my mind.
Bill Davis
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-20-2018, 12:21 PM
Andrew Lynch
FRC #2587 (DiscoBots)

Rookie Year: 2001
lynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Frishman3999 View Post
While I am sad about the outcome I am extremely proud of what we accomplished.
You should be proud! 3999 has far exceeded expectations over the years given your small number of students and no formal school support. Community teams have a difficult set of challenges.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-13-2018, 04:16 PM
FRC #3999

Mr.Frishman3999 is just really niceMr.Frishman3999 is just really niceMr.Frishman3999 is just really niceMr.Frishman3999 is just really nice

So...It looks like Mr. Gregory and I will be going back to 647. This where we started and now we are coming full circle. It was never my intention to stop volunteering and now I will be able to lend a hand to a team that I thnk could be really competitive. The Spirit of Shadetree will always be there and I hope to be able to impart some of what we learned in 8 years to a new generation of Cyberwolves.
Leigh
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-15-2018, 01:08 PM
AKA: Paul W. Johnson
no team
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2005
Pjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond reputePjohn1959 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to hear Leigh. You have done some great things with your kids.

Maybe you can join the friendly world of VEX. It's not as costly, and you still get the benefits of being on a competitive robotic team.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-15-2018, 04:27 PM
FRC #4327 (Q-Branch)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2014
dkerschbaum is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjohn1959 View Post
Sad to hear Leigh. You have done some great things with your kids.

Maybe you can join the friendly world of VEX. It's not as costly, and you still get the benefits of being on a competitive robotic team.
+1

I have heard lots of good things from the guys that do robotics at my school.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: