OCCRA
Go to Post Oh, for the love of cod, can't you see that Dave is messing with us just for the halibut? When the actual clue comes out, I'm sure we'll all be singing a different tuna. - Pat Fairbank [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-13-2018, 09:44 PM
On to my 18th year in FRC
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
pic: FRC at IMTS

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Simplicity by Design...
AKA: Tim Miedzinski
FRC #0836 (The RoboBees)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
tim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond reputetim-tim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: FRC at IMTS

I saw the booth yesterday as well. It is team 3953, here is a link to some info.

It's awesome that FORCAM provided this opportunity!

Tim's Shortcuts Anderson Powerpoles and Crimper, Star/Tube Nuts
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Lead Design Mentor
AKA: Adam Reed
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
A_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud ofA_Reed has much to be proud of

They also had a FIRST demo area on the lower floor of the North hall being run by Illinois FIRST. I took a stroll through there to see what they were presenting before I had to leave for Midway, it's always good to see FIRST represented at IMTS.

They've had some form of representation for at least the past three shows ('14, '16 & '18), I want to say AndyMark was there in '14 (or at least Liz).

Like FRC Team #48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E. on Facebook! - FRC Team #48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E. Team Website
2017: MVR - Winners & EI, SMR - Winners, 7RR - Semifinalists
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2018, 11:44 AM
FRC #0135 (Penn Robotics)
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2011
Mads Eskildsen will become famous soon enough

If you are still at IMTS or are going tomorrow Team 135 is in the Smartforce student Summit booth 215340. At the booth you can have a chance to drive our 2018 Competition robot, a small kiwi bot, our testbed, and our T-shirt Launcher. We also have information about our project called Mission to Engineer. Mission to Engineer connects FRC teams with local families in need of a low cost assistive technology. If you want to learn more about Mission to Engineer and how to sign up or learn more about Team 135 just visit our booth.

Mads Eskildsen
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2018, 02:43 PM
FRC #5811 (The BONDS)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2010
Peter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant futurePeter Salisbury has a brilliant future

I'm glad to hear that FIRST is getting representation, but man am I jealous of the teams that get to walk around.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Mentor
AKA: Nelson Green
FRC #1108 (Panther Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

ngreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Salisbury View Post
I'm glad to hear that FIRST is getting representation, but man am I jealous of the teams that get to walk around.
Yeah me too. I've sort of geeked out on some on footage a local HURCO dealer has been sending back (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnlwp0BAd6Q). Even though I'm far from that stuff, it is pretty cool to see. And it reminds me to keep on trying to create machining partnerships for the team. It hasn't worked out often and some is definitely us not getting students out to some of these cool businesses (along with the other time constraints to do all the cool things we could).

Last edited by ngreen : 09-14-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Fixed URL
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2018, 07:25 PM
On to my 18th year in FRC
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

Link isn't working for me me, but yes Hurco had some cool stuff. They were 3D scanning people and then machining their head into a ~1" aluminum bar.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: