OCCRA
Go to Post Inspired by engineers and an innovative design. - JaneYoung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Too many hats to count
AKA: Erik Thulin
FRC #0492 (Titan Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2003
Ethulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ethulin
STAMP Scouting Release: Field Overview PDF (UPDATE: v1.1)

UPDATE: Thanks to those of you who contributed ideas, v1.1 is out, follow the link bellow to download!

Well over the last 2 days I have drawn that field WAY too many times, and I bet so have you!

Well STAMP (stampscouting.org) has released a PDF to cure all your woes. (well maybe not all... but some!)

We have created an ACCURATE overhead view of the field in PDF format. You can download it by going the download page of stampscouting.org.

STAMP is still looking for more developers even though we have representation from more than 4 teams!

Come and join us!

Last edited by Ethulin : 01-09-2006 at 12:38 AM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2004
Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: STAMP Scouting Release: Field Overview PDF

Wow, Thanks Guys! Now drawing it a whiteboard won't be nearly as difficult!

On a related note, how come FIRST hasn't released all of the field docs? I only see the ones on how to build the parts, not the full field layout...

EDIT: Are you sure it's accurate, becuase I'm pretty sure those corner goals don't go all the way to the barrier.

Last edited by Ian Curtis : 01-08-2006 at 08:56 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm parking robot yacht club.
FRC #4991 (Robot Yacht Club)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Conor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Just some constructive criticism,
This is really hand, I think that would be helpful to add a few items:

-Show where the incline of the Ramp is, theres a big difference to being on top of the ramp and being on the incline. So that would help a little bit.

-Show more of the goal locations, particularly the center goal and associated trash can.

-Because of the fact that anyone can handle the balls behind the line (only human player can throw a ball over the barrier) you may want to included the marked area on the carpet. This would be helpful because then you could talk about location of people should you need to move balls around behind the barrier.

Other than that, thanks for putting a simple picture of the playing field up.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Too many hats to count

Ethulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor Ryan
Just some constructive criticism,
This is really hand, I think that would be helpful to add a few items:

-Show where the incline of the Ramp is, theres a big difference to being on top of the ramp and being on the incline. So that would help a little bit.

-Show more of the goal locations, particularly the center goal and associated trash can.

-Because of the fact that anyone can handle the balls behind the line (only human player can throw a ball over the barrier) you may want to included the marked area on the carpet. This would be helpful because then you could talk about location of people should you need to move balls around behind the barrier.

Other than that, thanks for putting a simple picture of the playing field up.
I really appreciate this, maybe a 1.1 is in the works!

I will add the ramp when I get a chance to do the math, it is a 30 degree decline, so what ever that is from a height of 12in. I am a designer, not a math person! .

I will add the center goal in v1.1.

As for the back area. it WAS their for the betas, but was taken out in the final due to the extra 8 feet making the width constrained to too small an area.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Too many hats to count

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCurtis
Wow, Thanks Guys! Now drawing it a whiteboard won't be nearly as difficult!

On a related note, how come FIRST hasn't released all of the field docs? I only see the ones on how to build the parts, not the full field layout...

EDIT: Are you sure it's accurate, becuase I'm pretty sure those corner goals don't go all the way to the barrier.
YOur right, that was brought up to me and will be fixed in v1.1

The one issue is this:

In the doumentation all it says is that the 2in tape is around it, but does not say how far set in the goal is even though you can see from the picture more than 2 in. If anyone knows please reply. What I will do in v1.1 is put them in the middle, which looks like the pic.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Too many hats to count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethulin
I really appreciate this, maybe a 1.1 is in the works!

I will add the ramp when I get a chance to do the math, it is a 30 degree decline, so what ever that is from a height of 12in. I am a designer, not a math person! .

I will add the center goal in v1.1.

As for the back area. it WAS their for the betas, but was taken out in the final due to the extra 8 feet making the width constrained to too small an area.
So, v1.1 is out!

CHANGELOG:
Code:
*Flipped red and blue starting positions (were backwards)
*Moved ramps slightly in for side goals
*Added center goals
*Added ramp for alliance platform
*Added R and B to alliance zones
To download: Go to the STAMP download section

Any comments please post, maybe we can sqeeze a verson 1.2!

Last edited by Ethulin : 01-09-2006 at 12:39 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: