OCCRA
Go to Post All I want for Christmas is a better game hint, a better game hint, a better game hint... - Schnabel [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-26-2003, 04:30 PM

MARobotics is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Maxi Block Troubles

Hi, I was just wondering how to use the maxi block with the 40 A circuit breakers. There are 4 red wires coming from it--where do they go???? Also, how do you hook up the motors to the block (our kit was missing the curcuit breakers for the block). Thanks for the help

Team 766
MA Robotics
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-26-2003, 09:19 PM
#0811 (A.R.C.)

bigqueue will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bigqueue Send a message via Yahoo to bigqueue
Re: Maxi Block Troubles

Quote:
Originally posted by MARobotics
Hi, I was just wondering how to use the maxi block with the 40 A circuit breakers. There are 4 red wires coming from it--where do they go???? Also, how do you hook up the motors to the block (our kit was missing the curcuit breakers for the block). Thanks for the help

Team 766
MA Robotics
I have not looked at the block myself...but I can only suggest to you what I will do too....go at it with an Ohm meter and figure it out.

It seems to me that it is probably one of two things....all read leads are shorted together inside, or each one does to one of the breakers.

I would bet on the latter...though the ohm meter will not lie!

Good luck...

-Quentin
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-26-2003, 09:27 PM
\: |
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
FotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FotoPlasma
The kit includes a basic electrical blueprint type diagram thing.

http://www2.usfirst.org/2003comp/rob..._blueprint.pdf

Connect the screw on the Maxi Block to the positive lead on the 120Amp breaker, and connect each individual wire coming out of the Maxi Breaker (4 total) to the speed controller which will be controlling either a drill motor or a CIM. The negative lead on the speed controller can be connected directly to a ground plate on an old-style fuse block.

2001-2004: Team 258, The Sea Dawgs
2005: Team 1693, The Robo Lobos
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-27-2003, 06:39 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Chief Robot Inspector
AKA: Big Al WFFA 2005
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Al Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond repute
As you look at the block, you will see where the large bolt is attached, is a metal plate. This is in common with all four positions of the breaker slots and is intended to be connected to the 120 amp circuit breaker. The four leads are attached to each of the four breaker positions opposite from the common and go out to whatever motors you intend to drive from the 40 amp circuit breakers. If you do not need the 40 amp circuit breakers, then the maxi block can be left out of your design.
www.wildstang.org

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: