OCCRA
Go to Post College was the best twenty years of my life. - Richard Wallace [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical > CAN
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-27-2018, 03:10 PM
no team

pcampbell is an unknown quantity at this point
How does the WPI CAN SEND function work?

I'm currently working on creating CAN communication between the roboRIO and an Arduino Uno MCP2515 CAN-BUS shield.
My end goal is to have the roboRIO communicating with a RoboteQ MDC1460 Brushed DC Motor Controller but first wanted to understand how CAN communication works with an Arduino and wanted to be able to see the received information before controlling a motor.
I'm struggling understanding how the CAN SEND function in LabView works.
I have a simple LabView program using the CAN SEND from the WPI Robotics Library and the Arduino is receiving information from the roboRIO but not the information I have programmed on the roboRIO. I am also receiving an ERROR(-44088) on the CAN SEND function. I have the bit rate set at 1000KBPS. The Arduino is only receiving an ID and not the ID I wrote on the program and not getting any of the programmed data. Could anyone explain how the WPI CAN functions work? Or any other suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
Thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: