OCCRA
Go to Post The best metrics are your own. Do you see the impact of your efforts in your community? Do you feel like you should/could have won Chairman's, but another team was even more deserving? That's how you know FIRST is really working. - dcarr [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #91   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-25-2016, 09:48 PM
North America Marketing
no team

Rookie Year: 2016
CMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond reputeCMBrandon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chezy Champs 2016

Congratulations to everyone that participated in this event. I would like to give a special shoutout to the Cooler Master teams that took part:

1868 Space Cookies
3476 Code Orange

Can't wait to see how this season goes!

Sponsored Teams: 4, 207, 254, 589, 599, 696, 702, 900, 1138, 1868, 1923, 2135, 2485, 2601, 3476, 4050, 4159, 4481, 4999, 5012, 5499, 5510, 5883, 5996, 6008, 6220
Cooler Master Invitational
  #92   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 12:24 PM
Will join FRC team for food.
AKA: Warren Bartlett
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
TheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.

Congratulations to 971, 1678, 604, and 2135 on winning Chezy Champs! You all put on an awesome performance, and the win was well deserved. Also, a shoutout to 4488, 3250, 1868, and 2073! Upsetting a 254-973 alliance is no small feat, and you guys have much to be proud of on making it to the finals.

Thanks for putting on a great event, I enjoyed watching it!

My opinions and statements I make are my own and are not reflective of what any of my former teams believe or think.
  #93   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Lando_Live
FRC #5803 (Apex Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2016
Lando_Live is an unknown quantity at this point

Team 5803 would like to thank team 254 once again for inviting us to Chezy Champs to compete with the best! We all had a blast!
  #94   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 01:08 PM
_
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2008
NickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to of the teams who attended Chezy Champs 2016 and to all of the volunteers who helped make this event as fun, exciting as pleasant as possible for all attendees. We hope that everybody had a great time and hope to see many of you back next year. Final event results and many of the match videos are available on The Blue Alliance.

If you have any comments or feedback regarding the event, we'd appreciate hearing what you have to say. Please fill out this form.
  #95   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 01:15 PM
FRC #5012 (Gryffingear) / (Antelope Valley FIRST Teams)

Rookie Year: 2007
Jeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another stellar event in the books. Chezy Champs did not disappoint in any regard.

Congrats to the winners, 971, 1678, 604, and 2135. It was fun playing against you guys in the semis. The win is well deserved.

Four beautiful robots from 4488, 3250, 1868, 2073. Congrats on your run into the finals.

Thanks to our partners 968, 114, and 5817. We were stoked to finally get to play with 968. They're on the up and up again and we can't wait see how they do at Beach Blitz and the 2017 season. 114 and 5817 - Thanks for the solid defense and ball shuttling. This was key to our alliance's success in the quarters and critical if we were to have a fighting chance in the semifinals.

Thank you to the volunteers and planning committee for another successful event. One big thing that I think merits recognition is how quickly and open to communicate Nick Eyre and the rest of the crew were. They were quick to notify teams of nearby road closures, schedule adjustments, etc.

Thank you and congrats to everyone else!

Team 5012 Gryffingear Mentor + Drive Coach / Aerospace Valley Regional Planning Committee Member
399 (2009-2014) -> 5012 (2013 - Current)
2018 CASD - NVLV - CAAV

2015 FRC World Champions (118, 1678, 1671, 5012)
2014 FTC Los Angeles Regional Compass Award Winner
  #96   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 01:45 PM
FRC #0004 (Team 4 ELEMENT)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Ali Ahmed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmed is a splendid one to behold

I, and Team 4, would also like to thank everyone that was at Chezy Champs this past weekend. 254 really knows how to throw a fun and professional event. Thank you to all the volunteers for your efficiency and generosity. There were only two of us setting up the pit on Friday evening (rest of the team flew in late) and a few very kind volunteers helped us out. Also, thank you to all the other teams who offered help to set up.

It was very fun playing with old friends again. And also very inspiring playing with and learning from teams we've never got to compete with before. I personally learned so much from many different teams. I now know the correct way to mount encoders.

Big shout out to teams 5700, 399, and 1836. Thanks for joining our alliance and having the patience with us for our robot and communication issues.

Special shout out to Keit for head reffing like a boss.

Student: Team 22
Mentor: Team 4

#97   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Lead Mentor
AKA: Steve Harvey
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)

Rookie Year: 2005
hionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant futurehionwind has a brilliant future

Congratulations to all of the teams who competed hard with some of the best robots in the world at Chezy Champs.

Once again, Travis and 254 put on a stellar event to bring FRC to a whole new level of excitement. Thank you to all the volunteers for making every team's experience one to remember.

Thank you to our dear friends, 971, for picking us and helping us put together a solid alliance. We were astonished that 604 and 2135 were both still available for our second and third pick. You are both solid teams and added that extra ingredient necessary to go up against the formidable 3rd seed alliance.

Talking about the third seed alliance, when 4488 picked 3250, 1868 and 2073, I was already thinking that this would be our toughest opposition and that proved to be right. I especially want to give a big shout out to our friends 3250 who worked very hard in the off-season to improve their robot. You came out on fire from the beginning and continued to impress throughout the competition.

I'd also like to mention a few other teams that continue to impress me. 5924, you followed up your great rookie season with a strong showing at Chezy Champs and showed us all that young teams can still build great robots. 3859 and 5012, you worked hard in the off-season to redesign or improve your shooters and ended up being two of the best high-goal robots in the competition.

Lastly, kudos to 5499 for sticking in there when things were not going too well. After many frustrating matches and breakdowns, you finally pulled it all together in match 10 and scored several low-goal shots to help your alliance to a win and 4 RP's.

1678 is looking forward to seeing many of you at the next off season event, Capital City Classic, on October 22nd and 23rd.

2013 Curie Division Champions (with 148 and 862)
2014 Newton Division Champions (with 1114, 1640 and 5136)
2015 World Champions (with 118, 1671 and 5012)
2016 Hopper Division Champions (with 148, 364 and 2990)
2017 Newton Division Champions (with 118, 4188 and 5892)
  #98   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 02:28 PM
I prefer you give a perfect effort.
AKA: That's "Mr. Bill"
FRC #2073 (EagleForce)

billbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing I would like to say about CC 2016 is a huge THANK YOU!!
Once again 254 put on a fantastic event!
A specific Thank You goes to Nick Eyre for the incredible amount of hard work you put in for this event!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoulderite View Post
Wow. ...
Also, a shoutout to 4488, 3250, 1868, and 2073! Upsetting a 254-973 alliance is no small feat, and you guys have much to be proud of on making it to the finals.
Now, as for Elliminations.....
I can barely express our gratitude to 4488 Shockwave for seeing in us the potential we have. They masterfully used all four alliance partners to execute 7 match strategies that were a thing of beauty. Trust me when I say, upsetting 254-973 and then going toe to toe with Giants like 971, 1678 and 604 and coming as close as we did is the highlight of my time in FIRST. Let's just say, today I have no voice.

I also want to point out, if it were not for the help of our friends on 1678, we would not have been able to compete in the Finals match. We literally had our robot on it's side in the front of their pit at the beginning of Finals 1. With their help, we completely removed one of our drive transmissions and rebuilt it due to a stripped 2nd stage pinion. It was reassembled and ready to play in Finals 2, where we faced 1678. Tell me, where do you see that kind of behavior except in FIRST?

I would be negligent if I didn't tip my hat to 3250, Kennedy Robotics. You guys absolutely KILLED it the entire tournament! It was an honor to stand shoulder to shoulder with you facing Giants!

And as always, 1868 was another class act! It was a pleasure playing along side you again! We look forward to competing with you in 2017!

Congratulations to 971, 1678, 604, and 2135 on winning Chezy Champs!
2012 CalGames Autonomous Challenge Award winner ($$$).
2014 2X Rockwell Automation: Innovation in Control Award (CVR and SAC).
Curie Division Gracious Professionalism Award.
2014 Capital City Classic Winner AND Runner Up. Madtown Throwdown: Runner up.
2015 Innovation in Control Award, Sacramento.
2016 Chezy Champs Finalist, 2016 MTTD Finalist
2017 Utah Regional Winner!, Sacramento Finalist, Newton/Carver Innovation in Control, Newton #5 Captain
  #99   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 03:29 PM
No longer old enough to volunteer
AKA: Jared Hasen-Klein
FRC #1836 (The MilkenKnights)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2009
jaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant futurejaredhk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Ahmed View Post
Big shout out to teams 5700, 399, and 1836. Thanks for joining our alliance and having the patience with us for our robot and communication issues.
While I was not able to attend the actual event, it was clear that everyone was having a great time and still satisfied with the performance. I know I speak for many others when I say that I look forward to working with you again, soon.

Views are my own and don't represent my team, school, sponsors, FIRST, or anyone else unless stated.
  #100   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 03:58 PM
"Steal from the best" -AndrewMark
AKA: #BeTheBest
FRC #0299 (Valkyrie Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew_L has a reputation beyond repute

Alliance #3 (4488, 3250, 1868, and 2073) deserves some extra recognition for being gracious professionals and using their time-out card for alliance #2 when they needed more time before their match. There's a reason these teams got to the finals - they "get it".
  #101   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 04:16 PM
He who fixes with hammers #tsimfd
AKA: Devin Castellucci
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits and 5458 Digital Minds)

RoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_L View Post
Alliance #3 (4488, 3250, 1868, and 2073) deserves some extra recognition for being gracious professionals and using their time-out card for alliance #2 when they needed more time before their match. There's a reason these teams got to the finals - they "get it".
I have been around for a lot of elimination matches I can say that seeing another alliance use their timeout card to benefit an opposing alliance is a very rare happening indeed. It's an act of Gracious Professionalism that deserves some serious respect.

12 Years and counting! Over a third of my life has been spent with FRC.
  #102   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Will join FRC team for food.
AKA: Warren Bartlett
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
TheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoulderite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_L View Post
I didn't realize that they did that. Thanks for showing us all what gracious professionalism means, Alliance #3!

My opinions and statements I make are my own and are not reflective of what any of my former teams believe or think.
  #103   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Lead Mentor
FRC #0973 (Greybots)

Rookie Year: 2004
AdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AdamHeard

Thanks to 254 and all the volunteers from other teams for putting on what is clearly the best run CA offseason event.

The Greybots had a great time as usual, and look forward to coming back next year.

I was pretty hands for the event, but I know my kids had a great time working and playing with 696, 5924 and 254.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoulderite View Post
Wow.

Congratulations to 971, 1678, 604, and 2135 on winning Chezy Champs! You all put on an awesome performance, and the win was well deserved. Also, a shoutout to 4488, 3250, 1868, and 2073! Upsetting a 254-973 alliance is no small feat, and you guys have much to be proud of on making it to the finals.
I wouldn't even call it an upset!

3250's robot is very, very good. Great up close 1241 style shot, and an unblockable shot from the defenses that is very accurate.

They should be proud of the work they put in, and hopefully we get a chance to play with them at Capital City Classic.

Need help? Check out 973 Remote Assistance and Mentorship Program.
Like our Robots? Check out the CAD files of MOST of our robots!

2017 "World Champions"
2014 Galileo Champions
2011 World Champions
  #104   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 07:21 PM
FRC #5499 (The Bay Orangutans)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2014
Rachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Lim has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to 254 for another amazing event. It's strange to think that this was the last Chezy Champs I'd attend as a student, but it was definitely a great last event and I hope to be back in the future in some way or another.

Thank you to 4488, 3250, and 2073--it was an honor to play with you guys. Thanks for looking past our issues on Saturday and selecting us to your alliance.
4488, I still remember the first time I heard of your team, when I saw your 2014 reveal video. I've watched each one since, and been amazed by all. I'm glad I finally got the chance to see one up close.
3250, beautiful robot, and definitely one of the best there. Hard to believe I haven't seen you play in person since my freshman year, but hopefully I'll see you guys again soon.
2073, I honestly can't believe you fell that far or got picked after us. A friend and I ranked teams on Saturday night, and you were high on our list. It's hard to believe it's been almost 3 years since Sac 2014, but it was great to alliance together again.

Congratulations to 971, 1678, 604, and 2135 on a well deserved win. Your alliance was just amazing to watch. The sheer number of boulders scored was just scary (in a good way).

Also, a thank you 254, 2135, and 1678 for letting us borrow your USB cable, ethernet dongle, and pistons. We definitely wouldn't have made it as far as we did without you guys.
  #105   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Drive|Programming|Captain
FRC #0114 (Eaglestrike)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2013
icecube45 is just really niceicecube45 is just really niceicecube45 is just really niceicecube45 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Germita View Post
Yet another stellar event in the books.
Thanks to our partners 968, 114, and 5817. We were stoked to finally get to play with 968. They're on the up and up again and we can't wait see how they do at Beach Blitz and the 2017 season. 114 and 5817 - Thanks for the solid defense and ball shuttling. This was key to our alliance's success in the quarters and critical if we were to have a fighting chance in the semifinals.
We had a solid run as an alliance and a great time as a team, I'd like to second that thanks to 968 and 5812, and of course, back to you guys at 5012.

I'd also like to thank 254 and all the volunteers it took to make Chezy Champs such a success. We at 114 used it as a way to involve new members to the team, and Chezy Champs offers an environment that shows off the best of FIRST.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: