Go to Post Sometimes at work I fantasize about being a giant bulldozer operator. - AdamHeard [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Motors
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2007, 08:54 PM
no team

banebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant futurebanebots has a brilliant future
Re: 2007 Motor Specs

We have posted drawings of the 36mm and 42mm gearboxes on our website. You can find a link to them at the bottom of the product descriptions.

BaneBots
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:42 AM
FRC #1816

GramNegative is an unknown quantity at this point

Earlier, Rickertsen2 posted a formula for motor output torque using these calculated values:

torque = Kt*(Vin-Kv*rpm)/r

Does anyone know if there is there an advantage to using this formula over:

Torque = (-T0/Wf)*W+T0, Where T0 is torque at stall and Wf is free speed

If so, is there more documentation somewhere that explains how/why this works better?

Thank you,
Chris
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Paul Copioli's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
President, VEX Robotics, Inc.
FRC #3310 (Black Hawk Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Paul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Earlier, Rickertsen2 posted a formula for motor output torque using these calculated values:

torque = Kt*(Vin-Kv*rpm)/r

Does anyone know if there is there an advantage to using this formula over:

Torque = (-T0/Wf)*W+T0, Where T0 is torque at stall and Wf is free speed

If so, is there more documentation somewhere that explains how/why this works better?

Thank you,
Chris
The equation using torque constant (Kt) and back EMF constant (Kv) is the theoretically pure way to calculate motor performance. However, most motor manufacturers will not give you all of these numbers. All motor manufacturers will give you stall T, free speed, Stall current, and free current (no load current) and it is all you need to size motors and gearboxes for the job.
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 02:11 AM
FRC #1816

GramNegative is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the help. Now that my curiousity is satisfied, I think it's time for bed.
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Electrical?!
AKA: Jin Lem
FRC #0069 (HYPER ROBOTICS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
darkorbit is a name known to alldarkorbit is a name known to alldarkorbit is a name known to alldarkorbit is a name known to alldarkorbit is a name known to alldarkorbit is a name known to all

Does anyone have the specs for the window motor or more importantly the connector for the window motor? Or if someone can tell me how do I hook up a window motor, that would be highly appreciated.

2007 BOSTON REGIONAL WINNERS (NU-HYPER-FORCE)
2008 Florida Regional 2nd Place

Last edited by darkorbit : 01-28-2007 at 10:45 AM.
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Brian Musser
FRC #1504 (Desperate Penguins)

Rookie Year: 2000
bmusser has a spectacular aura aboutbmusser has a spectacular aura aboutbmusser has a spectacular aura about

Go to the following link for the motor specs:

http://www2.usfirst.org/2007comp/oth...tices_RevA.pdf

The motor specs are on page 8.
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Gary Dillard's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generator of Entropy
AKA: you know, the old bald guy
FRC #2973 (The Mad Rockers)

Rookie Year: 1998
Gary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Gary Dillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorbit View Post
Does anyone have the specs for the window motor or more importantly the connector for the window motor? Or if someone can tell me how do I hook up a window motor, that would be highly appreciated.
I don't know the specs on the connector, but here's how we've done it in the past and it works just fine (I'll probably get kicked out of the junior EE club for these instructions):

Using a hacksaw or coping saw, cut the plastic housing of the connector back to the bottom of the socket, and then cut it lengthwise between the two conductor pins and basically break the plastic away. This will leave you the 2 pins which are about a half inch long sticking out. Solder your power wires to these 2 pins and wrap with electrical tape.
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:12 PM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorbit View Post
The way Gary explained it, it will work. To make your life easier, there are connectors that comes in the KOP for the window motors. You can use those.
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Accidentally speaks in C
AKA: Paul Dagnelie
FRC #1719 (The Umbrella Corp.)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2006
paulcd2000 is a jewel in the roughpaulcd2000 is a jewel in the roughpaulcd2000 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to paulcd2000

i've found that a lot of the motor specs are on the respective companiess pages. If you can't find what you need, try looking there. I've found it very helpful!

5.5 students (on average)* $7/h *210 hours/student= $8085 of labor, all volunteered (not counting mentors', who are each that much)

We have blades on our robot?! ***sweeeeeet***

There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who can read binary, those who can't, and those who say this joke is supposed to be, "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who can read binary and those who have a life."
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-05-2007, 10:20 AM
natalia
AKA: natalia soberanes
FRC #0987 (High Rollers)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
natis has a spectacular aura aboutnatis has a spectacular aura aboutnatis has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to natis

stupid question:
I was trying to find the connectors for the banebot motor does anyone has a website ???
thanks
natalia
2004 -LA Regional Semi-Finalists

2005 - Arizona Regional Finalists -- GM Industrial Design Award -- Las Vegas Regional Champions
2006 - Delphi "Driving Tommorow's Technology" Award -- Radio Shack Innovation in Control Award
2006 - Las Vegas Regional Champions -- Arizona Regional Finalists

2007 -Motorolar Quality Award
2007 - SVR semifinalist -- Las Vegas Regional Finalist

2007 --WORLD CHAMPS!!!

#41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
FRC #1685

techknow 1685 will become famous soon enoughtechknow 1685 will become famous soon enough

Hello,
I just registered to cheif delphi, so i am new at using this site.
I hope i am doing this right.
Anyway, does anybody know what kind of what kind of motors can we use for the robot?
Can we use a motor from power drill?
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Mentor, coach, whatever--
FRC #0233 ("The Pink Team")
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1996
Kit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kit Gerhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by techknow 1685 View Post
Hello,
I just registered to cheif delphi, so i am new at using this site.
I hope i am doing this right.
Anyway, does anybody know what kind of what kind of motors can we use for the robot?
Can we use a motor from power drill?
You can use the motors in the kit plus two additional small CIM's and one additional large CIM.

The views I express here are mine, and mine alone, not those of my team, FIRST, or my previous teams.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: