Go to Post There are few things I hate more in life than electrical tape residue. - AdamHeard [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 09:52 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
What's gonna happen to the seniors???

Posted by Kate Leach, Student on team #166, Team Merrimack, from Merrimack High School and Unitrode / RS Machines.

Posted on 5/1/99 10:38 PM MST

Alright, my mom has been harassing me about if I knew if any of my FIRST friends were going to the same college as I am next year.. So, I was getting curious myself so I'm wondering where everyone's going.. And if for some strange reason you know what you're doing with your life, what you're majoring in.. And of course.. Most importantly.. Do they have a FIRST team and are you doing it in college?? And if for some insane reason they don't have a team, you're gonna start one, right??

Well, I personally am attending WPi next year.. Worcester Polytechnic Institute if people didn't know that.. I'm going for Electrical and Computer Engineering.. And we all know that they've got a team already.. And they did rather well this year.. So, what another couple few years of FIRST?? I've already got 4 under my belt (and the only one on my team this year to have done so thank you very much), so can another one really hurt all too much?? I sure hope not.. FIRST has changed my life.. And I'm loving it.. As Joe J. would say 'Hats off to Dean and Woodie' I love this stuff so much I'm gonna try my hardest to stay involved in FIRST for the rest of my life..

So, now that I've rambled on for a lil while.. What about all you other seniors???

-KATe-

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's gonna happen to the seniors???

Posted by Sean Kim, Student on team #115 from Monta Vista High School and NASA Ames.

Posted on 5/2/99 1:28 AM MST

In Reply to: What's gonna happen to the seniors??? posted by Kate Leach on 5/1/99 10:38 PM MST:

Daniel, I say 'screw you' to all the privates that put me in wait-list.

Cal Engineering for me. I think.
It's UC Berkeley...

kison

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Shoot. Can't you transfer out?

Posted by Daniel, Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M Gunn Senior High School and NASA Ames.

Posted on 5/2/99 3:11 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: What's gonna happen to the seniors??? posted by Sean Kim on 5/2/99 1:28 AM MST:

I'm gonna be seeing way too much of you. =)

Oh and in case you didn't know, you're helping me start a team...

It’s not so bad, we wouldn’t be alone. We've got Ben, Lea, Andrea, Francis, Eric, Janice, etc, etc. There are tons of FIRST people there...

OK? Deal?
-Daniel

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

dude...

Posted by Sean Kim, Student on team #115 from Monta Vista High School and NASA Ames.

Posted on 5/2/99 10:04 PM MST

In Reply to: Shoot. Can't you transfer out? posted by Daniel on 5/2/99 3:11 AM MST:

I knew it.
I knew we were going to have to make a team somehow in Cal.

Hmm..Maybe we will make two teams in Cal.

Sean's 'Nice and cool team'
and Danile's 'Soso and okay team'

Just kidding.

Well, count me in. You know I would love it!

kison

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Shoot. Can't you transfer out?

Posted by Eric , Student on team #253, MRT - Mills Robotics Team, from Mills High School and Fairchild Semiconductor and NASA Ames Research Center.

Posted on 5/2/99 10:58 PM MST

In Reply to: Shoot. Can't you transfer out? posted by Daniel on 5/2/99 3:11 AM MST:

Hey Daniel,

Yeah, go Cal! =) Hey, do you know if Berkeley has a machine shop?
I saw the one at MIT and I know Caltech has one, but I haven't heard of
one at Cal... Are you up for a visit sometime before school gets out? =)
We'll have to wander around and look for one.

A FIRST team sounds great! I'm behind 'ya all the way. Anybody else
going to Cal and involved in FIRST, post a message!

BTW, Francis is going to West Point.

Eric
----------------------------------
Eric Park
Management/Motion Control Head
MRT #253 - http://www.rc-net.com/robot
jeztek@jps.net
-----------------------------------
: I'm gonna be seeing way too much of you. =)

: Oh and in case you didn't know, you're helping me start a team...

: It’s not so bad, we wouldn’t be alone. We've got Ben, Lea, Andrea, Francis, Eric, Janice, etc, etc. There are tons of FIRST people there...

:
: OK? Deal?
: -Daniel

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Shop? yup...

Posted by Daniel, Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M Gunn Senior High School and NASA Ames.

Posted on 5/3/99 1:29 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Shoot. Can't you transfer out? posted by Eric on 5/2/99 10:58 PM MST:

I thought Francis finally changed his mind and decided to go to cal? Oh well, I can never keep track of this stuff.

Anyway, yes. Cal has a machine shop. It's not so nice, but it's probably not too much less than what we're used to around here. However, I know the electric car team uses a nearby company's shop. Maybe we could have a similar arrangement. I know who to call, I just hafta give myself that final push. ‘Cuz once I start, I’m not gonna turn back.

I'll be talking to ya.
-Daniel

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Berkeley team, look up Bellew

Posted by Joe Johnson, Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 5/3/99 6:51 PM MST

In Reply to: Shop? yup... posted by Daniel on 5/3/99 1:29 AM MST:

Anyone trying to start a team at Berkeley needs to contact Colby Bellew.

Colby is a former Delphi team member turned grad student at Berkeley.

He is a great guy and a great engineer.

We need to snag this guy in FIRST's web again.

E-mail Colby at:

cbellew@nobelium.me.berkeley.edu

Joe J.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Done.

Posted on 5/3/99 7:28 PM MST

In Reply to: Berkeley team, look up Bellew posted by Joe Johnson on 5/3/99 6:51 PM MST:

Thanks for the contact info!

-Daniel
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

We got him =)

Posted on 5/4/99 5:41 PM MST

In Reply to: Berkeley team, look up Bellew posted by Joe Johnson on 5/3/99 6:51 PM MST:

He's ours.

He's not sure how much time he will be able to put in, but he has boarded the ship. =)

Thanks again Joe!

-Daniel
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Doing Dean's Homework at BU

Posted by colleen, Student on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and Nypro.

Posted on 5/2/99 10:59 AM MST

In Reply to: What's gonna happen to the seniors??? posted by Kate Leach on 5/1/99 10:38 PM MST:

Dean tells us every year, for us seniors, it's not the end.. i personally i don't have any intention of letting it be... i'll be attending Boston University this fall.. studying engineering (unsure of what kind yet).. and everyone's been telling me they saw BUs name as a sponsor for one of the teams.. but i don't remember it.. so if anyone knows, could you clue me in??

so if they have a team, i'm sure i'll join it.. if not, i may spend my weekends back in clinton helping out, or probably an easier feat, join a team nearby like Northeastern, or even Plymouth North (if they'd welcome the help)..so that i could participate more often than just weekends...i'll give starting a team a shot, but we'll have to see how well my freshman year's running before taking on too much..

..and kate, i know a few people who go to WPI (including my brother).. and if i stay with my clinton team, and you join theirs will soon become rivals :-) (it's all out of fun of course).. if you're up for the challenge...

colleen

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Doing Dean's Homework at BU

Posted by Andrew Trax, Coach on team #180, S.P.A.M., from Southfork,Martin Co. High and UTC.

Posted on 5/2/99 11:41 AM MST

In Reply to: Doing Dean's Homework at BU posted by colleen on 5/2/99 10:59 AM MST:

:
: Dean tells us every year, for us seniors, it's not the end.. i personally i don't have any intention of letting it be... i'll be attending Boston University this fall.. studying engineering (unsure of what kind yet).. and everyone's been telling me they saw BUs name as a sponsor for one of the teams.. but i don't remember it.. so if anyone knows, could you clue me in??

: so if they have a team, i'm sure i'll join it.. if not, i may spend my weekends back in clinton helping out, or probably an easier feat, join a team nearby like Northeastern, or even Plymouth North (if they'd welcome the help)..so that i could participate more often than just weekends...i'll give starting a team a shot, but we'll have to see how well my freshman year's running before taking on too much..

: ..and kate, i know a few people who go to WPI (including my brother).. and if i stay with my clinton team, and you join theirs will soon become rivals :-) (it's all out of fun of course).. if you're up for the challenge...

: colleen

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Reposted - Correctly (Team 246)

Posted by Andrew Trax, Coach on team #180, S.P.A.M., from Southfork,Martin Co. High and UTC.

Posted on 5/2/99 11:45 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Doing Dean's Homework at BU posted by Andrew Trax on 5/2/99 11:41 AM MST:

Sorry about that - I thought I'd posted it correctly but just repeated yours.
The team is 246 - MassPEP/Boston University & John D. O'Bryant High
School of Mathematics & Science.
I'd dig up the contact infi and e-mail it to you.
Mrs. Trax

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: What's gonna happen to the seniors???

Posted by Adam, Student on team #177, Bobcat Robotics, from South Windsor High School and International Fuel Cells/ UTC.

Posted on 5/4/99 8:49 PM MST

I know theres a team out there from University of Pittsburgh. Anyone know if college students help out with the team, or is it just a proffesor and some grad students??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: