OCCRA
Go to Post FRC is not worth giving up your grades. - Gregor [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2018, 10:08 PM
AKA: Jacob Dluzak
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2014
Newtking is an unknown quantity at this point
Roboprom Announcement

Team 399 is excited to announce that we will be hosting two Roboproms in 2018. The first will be in Houston at the 2018 FIRST Championship. The second being in Detroit for the 2018 FIRST Championship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZ2mw0VMA0

The Houston Roboprom will be held at the

Hyatt Regency Houston on April 19th, from 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM

The Detroit Roboprom will be held at the

Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center on April 26th, from 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM

Stay updated on our social media for chances to win tickets and swag.

https://www.facebook.com/FRC399/

https://www.instagram.com/team399/
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Team President
AKA: Dikshant Sharma
FRC #0226
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2015
Roboshant has much to be proud ofRoboshant has much to be proud ofRoboshant has much to be proud ofRoboshant has much to be proud ofRoboshant has much to be proud ofRoboshant has much to be proud ofRoboshant has much to be proud ofRoboshant has much to be proud of
Re: Roboprom Announcement

I know this was a thing last year, but are two free tickets still on offer for the best robopromposal lol?

Team 226 Hammerheads
2018 Team President
2017 Engineering- Design Captain
2016 Engineering- Strategy Captain
2015 Qualitative Scouting Lead
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Engineering Mentor
AKA: Brian O'Sullivan
FRC #4561 (TerrorBytes)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Monochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond repute

Will the process for buying tickets (for students, chaperones, etc.) be published somewhere? Last year I remember being a little confused.

2018 | Gracious Professionalism x3, Asheville Winners, NCCMP Finalists, NC District - 3rd Rank
2017 | Industrial Design, Gracious Professionalism, NCCMP Winners, NC District - 1st Rank
2016 | Innovation In Controls, Industrial Design, Quality Award, NC District - 4th Rank
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 04:46 PM
The Philadelphian emigrant
AKA: Ari Meles-Braverman
FRC #5987 (Galaxia)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
AriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monochron View Post
Will the process for buying tickets (for students, chaperones, etc.) be published somewhere? Last year I remember being a little confused.
I haven't actually tried it, but it looks like you should be able to buy student tickets here. I don't know about chaperone tickets (or even if there is a difference between them)
2012-2016: FRC 423 Member 15njtab 15padre 16paphi
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 09:21 PM
AKA: Clint Brawley
FRC #0364 (Fusion)

Rookie Year: 2013
Fusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond repute

My students told me chaperones get in free, but I cannot verify that from the website.

I already ordered my Tux, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-09-2018, 10:36 PM
FRC #3244 (Granite City Gearheads)

cpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to behold

I have a student or few interested in the roboprom. Transportation is my biggest concern.

Is there reliable uber or lift services to get back to team hotels 10-15 miles from the event?

Can ticket be purchased at the event or must they be purchased by ...? At the door allows teams in the same hotel time to coordinate rides.

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-10-2018, 06:07 PM
FRC #6306

Lsegt212 is an unknown quantity at this point

So what is Roboprom? I'm not gonna be at Houston or Detroit but I'm curious as to what it is.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-10-2018, 06:43 PM
FRC #5847 (Ironclad)
Team Role: Scout

AndrewPranger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsegt212 View Post
So what is Roboprom? I'm not gonna be at Houston or Detroit but I'm curious as to what it is.
Roboprom is basically robotics kid prom, and is held due to the fact that prom and champs land on the same weekend for a lot of schools. Let me tell you, however, that Roboprom easily beats any high school dance I've ever been to. There's no dress code, so you see everything from extremely formal to people dressed as Batman, and it's a great way to relax from the intensity of champs with your pals. In addition, there's also a Roboprom court and a Roboprom scholarship that you can apply for. Awesome event, definitely a must for those attending champs. In addition, props to 399 for making it a great time.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-10-2018, 08:06 PM
FRC #0399

team399 will become famous soon enoughteam399 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpapplefamily View Post
I have a student or few interested in the roboprom. Transportation is my biggest concern.

Is there reliable uber or lift services to get back to team hotels 10-15 miles from the event?

Can ticket be purchased at the event or must they be purchased by ...? At the door allows teams in the same hotel time to coordinate rides.
In the past Team 399 has rented shuttles through our hotels to get our students to Roboprom. The early sale for Roboprom tickets is going until April 16th for Houston, and April 23rd for Detroit or until we sell out. We will be selling a limited number of tickets at both Championships.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM
FRC #4188 (Columbus Space Program)

Rookie Year: 2007
HallieMR is a jewel in the roughHallieMR is a jewel in the roughHallieMR is a jewel in the roughHallieMR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewPranger View Post
Roboprom is basically robotics kid prom, and is held due to the fact that prom and champs land on the same weekend for a lot of schools. Let me tell you, however, that Roboprom easily beats any high school dance I've ever been to. There's no dress code, so you see everything from extremely formal to people dressed as Batman, and it's a great way to relax from the intensity of champs with your pals. In addition, there's also a Roboprom court and a Roboprom scholarship that you can apply for. Awesome event, definitely a must for those attending champs. In addition, props to 399 for making it a great time.
It also has even better songs than regular school dances. Instead of ONLY rap music no one knows, they also play more dance line songs (gets me super hype) and also some more cultural songs. I remember they played an Israeli song and some K-pop songs and people got really hype about it and it was super fun to be a part of... ALSO the cookies at RoboProm are HUGE
2018: PCH State Championship Finalists, Columbus District Chairman Winner
2017: FOC & World Championship Finalists (Houston), Newton Winner, PCH District Championship EI Winner and Dean's List Finalist
2016: PCH Columbus District Winner, Rocket City Regional Finalist
2015: Peachtree Winner
2012: Peachtree Rookie All-Star

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Engineering Mentor
FRC #4561 (TerrorBytes)

Monochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
????????

2018 | Gracious Professionalism x3, Asheville Winners, NCCMP Finalists, NC District - 3rd Rank
2017 | Industrial Design, Gracious Professionalism, NCCMP Winners, NC District - 1st Rank
2016 | Innovation In Controls, Industrial Design, Quality Award, NC District - 4th Rank
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Robot Mentor
AKA: The Bearded ONe
FRC #2974 (WALT)

Rookie Year: 2009
FrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
????????
Go to the team 399 web site. Buy your tickets there. So simple an old person can do it.

Last edited by FrankJ : 04-11-2018 at 01:43 PM.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Dreaming of Winning a Regional
AKA: Shawn, The Man with The Binder
FRC #3883 (Data Bits)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2016
PerXshA will become famous soon enough

Iím very tempted to kidnap our robot so I can bring to prom with me
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Engineering Mentor
FRC #4561 (TerrorBytes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post
Go to the team 399 web site. Buy your tickets there. So simple an old person can do it.
Sorry, I didn't explain the question. Last year I believe there was a different process for chaperones.

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2018, 09:36 PM
AKA: Jacob Dluzak
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2014
Newtking is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't explain the question. Last year I believe there was a different process for chaperones.
To get a mentor ticket, stop by our pickup table at either Championship, and ask for a mentor wrist band. College age mentors need to show a student ID for verification.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: