OCCRA
Go to Post Oh, you mean the refs. The only hand signal I've seen the judges use is the hi-five. - RoboMom [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:47 AM
esse quam videri
AKA: with an "i"
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
KelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond repute
Earth Hour! Save the world one lightbulb at a time!

Motorola's Headquarters is doing it, the whole city of Chicago is doing it, even my college is doing it! So should you!

Participate in Earth Hour, an event that kicks off in Australia and will roll on out through the rest of the world with several US cities participating.

Its so easy to participate even a monkey can do it.
Here's what you do.
Turn off all unnecessary lights from 8 to 9pm on March 29th and don't drive your car, moped, motorcycle etc. Bikes are ok.
For more help/info on getting into Earth Hour you can register at http://www.earthhour.org or just ask me!
The world will love you!

-Kelli

~Live what you love~
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
See what had happened was....
FRC #1137 (Rocket Sauce)

Rookie Year: 2007
Kersten is a jewel in the roughKersten is a jewel in the roughKersten is a jewel in the roughKersten is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Kersten Send a message via Yahoo to Kersten
Re: Earth Hour! Save the world one lightbulb at a time!

Awsome! I'm totally gonna do that!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Engineering Mentor
FRC #5403 (Aluminosity)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2007
Josh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Drake has a reputation beyond repute

We got a memo about this from the front office here at work. I hope it spreads globally, I'll be doing my part.
15'-18' FRC 5403
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:38 AM
AKA: Jason
FRC #1766 (Temper Metal)

Rookie Year: 2006
Molten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond repute

I will be participating if I don't need to be somewhere. If I do, then I'm driving. I've never been one to ride a bike for 5 miles. Hey, anyone know what kind of effect this will have on the economy? I think we might be hurting the economy to help the eco-system. Just a thought to consider. To all of you who want to do this though, have fun.

"They can break your cookie, but... you'll always have your fortune."-T.W. Turtle, Cats Don't Dance

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."-Dinobot, Beast Wars

"Though the first step is the hardest and the last step ends the quest, the long steps in between are certainly the best."
–Gruffi Gummi, Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Building robots since 1995
FRC #4914

Rookie Year: 2002
Vince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Vince lau

its almost earth hour for me, too bad its not dark enough outside
2010 - Waterloo Rookie inspiration and Highest Rookie Seed, #2 Alliance Captain, Semi-finalists.
2011 - Waterloo Finalist thanks 1310 and 610
2014 - imagery and rookie allstar award gtr west
2014 - rookie inspiration and winners with 188 and 610 north bay
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:31 PM
AKA: Noelle Manning
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Mechanical

technoL has much to be proud oftechnoL has much to be proud oftechnoL has much to be proud oftechnoL has much to be proud oftechnoL has much to be proud oftechnoL has much to be proud oftechnoL has much to be proud oftechnoL has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to technoL

lol I participated in Earth hour accidentally because I was sleeping, even though I knew about it from Google's homepage.
2006: FL Delphi's Driving Tomorrow's Technology | Curie Quarterfinalists
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:23 PM
AKA: Jason
FRC #1766 (Temper Metal)

Molten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, google's image was kind of cool. Maybe they should make it so you can choose to make it that way permanently.

"They can break your cookie, but... you'll always have your fortune."-T.W. Turtle, Cats Don't Dance

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."-Dinobot, Beast Wars

"Though the first step is the hardest and the last step ends the quest, the long steps in between are certainly the best."
–Gruffi Gummi, Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Head Coach | Lead Mentor
FRC #5686 (Wirecats)

Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Hm...i just had an idea. Does anyone want to help me set up some sort of Conservation or Earth Awareness thing in Atlanta? We would have to plan it out but anyone up for it? PM me or leave it here.

P.S-I expect PM's or posts from veteran teams and CD veterans. This may be something cool that we can all help with. Please tell me what you think!

['18-'xx]: Lead Mentor FRC 5686 (formerly FRC 1059)
['17-'17]: Mentor FRC 2170
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Head Coach | Lead Mentor
FRC #5686 (Wirecats)

Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molten View Post
Yeah, google's image was kind of cool. Maybe they should make it so you can choose to make it that way permanently.
http://www.blackle.com/

['18-'xx]: Lead Mentor FRC 5686 (formerly FRC 1059)
['17-'17]: Mentor FRC 2170
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: