OCCRA
Go to Post For FIRST robots, the phenomena listed above just do not apply. - Paul Copioli [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Design Ninja
FRC #0126 (Gael Force)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Tim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tim Baird
Re: 2006 IRI - Thanks & Congratulations

Gael Force would like to throw a big thank you out to Arefin for helping us fix our robot during the quarters against the 25/1114/33 alliance. Those were some of the quickest repairs that we did, especially at the risk of personal injury.

And thanks to 68, 1008, and 269 for helping us give it our all against a very strong alliance.

History:
Gael Force 126: 1999-2000
WPI 190: 2001-2004
Gael Force 126: 2005-2010
Event Volunteer Only: 2011-Present
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2006, 11:06 AM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

I donít know where to start. This was my 2nd year going to IRI, and I must say, it was a privilege to work with IndianaFIRST crew. After I leave every year, I crave for more, and I know I will go back there again.

I wanted to thank Tytus because if he wasnít up for this trip, maybe I wouldnít have gone.

I want to thank Chris Fultz for letting me volunteer again at IRI.

Thank you to Tim Baird (Gael Force) for welcoming me to help them fix their robot during quarterfinals.

Thanks to Clark Gilbert (DJ at IRI) for burning me a mp3 disk to listen to while Tytus and I were driving home.

Thanks to Andy Baker, Rich Kressly, John Wanninger and Jim Schaddelee for taking time out of their hand and talk to me. Andy, I must say, every time I see you, you remind me more why I want to be an engineer.

This is for AmandaÖ you surprised the crap out of me when you showed up at the talent show. I am glad you made it to IRI 2006 and I am very happy that I saw you.
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Its been a long time.
AKA: Stevie Alvarado
FRC #0065 (The Huskie Brigade)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
xzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to xzvrw2
My time at IRI

I would like to thank 1213 and Jack Jones for letting me come down to IRI and help them with their awesome robot.
I seen video and seen that they could hit 10 out of 10 but then again they were by them selves no pressure.
Then I went to a practice and seen how good their robot is.
When we started to compete at IRI we lost the first match...we the 'bot was awesome.
We only missed like 2 or 3 balls out of like 25.
We proceeded to win every match we were in and place second seed.
It was awesome.
I had so much fun.
The strategizing, the competing, the people, just everything was awesome.
This is the most fun that i have had at a FIRST competition since Midwest 2003.
And being able to pick the legendary 111 is awesome.
I mean when i was on 65 in '03 they picked us.
playing along side Jack Jones was awesome.
He is brilliant when it comes to robotics.
Being teamed up with 16 again was fun.
Finally some one other then me that remembers Midwest '03 haha.
Even tho i was the gunner for 1213 i also helped Jack coach.
It was fun.
strategizing with the great Raul was awesome.
making it to the semis was a lot of fun too.
Losing to The Pink Team and the chickens is an honor.
Even tho i would have loved to beat them.
Seeing everyone was fun also.
And people like Paul Copioli Andy Baker and JVN Knowing me is more then awesome.
The matches and everything this year were the best i have ever seen.
IRI was just awesome for me.
I will be back next year...haha
my FIRST acomplishments: 2003:GLR Chairmans winner, MWR Finalist, Archimedes Division winner, National Champion (w/ 111 and 469) 2004:MWR Finalist 2005:GLR Chairmans winner, MWR Finalist, MWR Innovation in Controls award 2006:hmmm wow, umm we got picked 4th overall at Nats by 121
my FIRST resume: 65 (2003-2006)
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute

IRI 2006 was an awesome event as always. Thanks to Andy, Chris, Libby and everyone else who had a hand in making IRI the most fun event in all of FIRST.

It was a definite thrill to be a part of alliance with the type of fire power that 25, 1114, 33 had. Throughout the season there was a lot of debate over who was the best team in FIRST, 25 or 1114. I think Team 71 proved that this debate was a moot point. Beatty's display in the semifinals proved once again that they are the most dominant team in all of FIRST. They outplayed and outstrategized us, and once again proved an old adage of mine, "Never bet against Beatty". Teams 1625 and 910 were great compliments to the BEAST and are well deserving of their championship trophies.

Special thanks to Ryan Dognaux for organizing an amazing talent show, and allowing Team 1114 a chance to show off our talents. Also, thanks to all audience members for not showering us with projectiles, even though we probably deserved them.

Congratulations to Kyle for running such an exciting dodgeball tournament. The crowd was totally into the event, and your rule change allowing for a team to bring back players by throwing the ball through the center goal was an amazing idea. Kudos.

Like I said up top, IRI is the most fun event of the season, and Team 1114 looks forward to returning next year. We've already started planning our talent show act.

... oh the sun'll come out tomorrow...
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik
Team 1114 looks forward to returning next year. We've already started planning our talent show act.
Note to IRI Planning Committee:

Seriously consider an alternate activity to replace "talent" show...
2018 IndyRAGE Planning Committee
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Retired
no team

Jack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Some people have no sense of humor. For those who didn't get it; the idea was that a performance like that was a threat to national security. A lampoon, sorta like Chris', but different. Geesh

I will say no more - forever!

Goodby
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 12:54 PM
FRC #0085 (B. O. B.)

Mark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant future

A big thank you to the sponsors, organizers, volunteers, and participants. I had a great time, not just because it was my first FIRST event ever with no family, team, or volunteer responsibilities. If I'd have known my schedule in advance I would have loved to help out.

I'd also like to thank all of the kind folks who said they wished rest of team 85 was there. Maybe next year. I think the last time was 2001.

Congratulations to all of the teams. I found all of the matches exciting and the level of play to be breathtaking. The elimination rounds were absolutely amazing.
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Mike Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1996
Mike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond repute

After reading the great comments here I can sum them up with a big WOW!

This by far was the best assembly of great teams ever. Strong competition, great organization and best of all another opportunity to meet, greet and talk to the great Community of FIRST.

One vision that will stay with me for awhile is the massive amount of balls all heading for the opening at the same time in auto mode. It happened several times that the goal just was not large enough to take the massive amount all at the same time. Quite a sight.

Thank you from Chief Delphi Team #47
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Design Ninja
FRC #0126 (Gael Force)

Tim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tim Baird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Martus
One vision that will stay with me for awhile is the massive amount of balls all heading for the opening at the same time in auto mode. It happened several times that the goal just was not large enough to take the massive amount all at the same time. Quite a sight.
If you thought that was impressive from the stands you should have seen it from the player station. While going against 25/1114/33 in the quarters and watching their autonomous modes, I had mixed emotions between "wow, that was awesome" and "ugh, we're going to lose".

History:
Gael Force 126: 1999-2000
WPI 190: 2001-2004
Gael Force 126: 2005-2010
Event Volunteer Only: 2011-Present
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 03:51 PM
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2004
Josh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to every one once again and them were some of the most amazing matches i have ever seen congrats to everyone.
  #41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
[automate(a) for a in tasks_to_do]
FRC #5507 (Robotic Eagles)

Rookie Year: 2005
Greg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Baird
If you thought that was impressive from the stands you should have seen it from the player station. While going against 25/1114/33 in the quarters and watching their autonomous modes, I had mixed emotions between "wow, that was awesome" and "ugh, we're going to lose".
It really is disconcerting to hear those chains rattling above your head. I think there effect was psychological more than anything else.
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 04:27 PM
AKA: Jack Nowakowski
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
JackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond repute

I think we may look back 1-3 years from now and see that semi-finals 1 was the greatest collection of teams in the history of a match (even better then the 2003 championship finals).
  #43   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 06:58 PM
AKA: LeAnn Heumphreus
FRC #1094 (Channel Cats)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2004
Woe is a jewel in the roughWoe is a jewel in the roughWoe is a jewel in the rough

This was a fantastic event and couldn't have been run better! What an amazing amount of effort, and it was much appreciated!

Thank you team 40 for the Vex field. Several of our "fish fry" took advantage and I saw some drivers in our teams future.

Thank you to teams 71 and 1625 for their kind comments, well wishes and helpful suggestions. You showed just as much GP at the Stl regional.

Thank you for making our catfish mascots feel special. In their eyes, robotic students ROCK!

Congratulations to fellow Missourian team 931 for winning their award! Our team would have been happy to have picked it up for you...
  #44   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Woodie Flowers Award
#0071 (Team Hammond)

Bill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond reputeBill Beatty has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! What a tournament! The win at IRI was as exciting and as difficult as any competition we have ever been in. The planets were all lined up for us on Saturday.

Thanks to all the folks that made the IRI possible. It continues to be the premier post season tournament. You will have a greater clamoring of participants attempting to sign up next year.

Thanks to 1625 and 910, our alliance partners. You were great and we worked together superbly.

Thanks to all the fans that cheered us on, particularly some folks from team 25. After their loss (no one should have had to loose any of those matches) some of their folks came and sat with us and cheered us on. How is that for gracious professionalism?

Thanks to 107 who kept us in fresh batteries after we discovered our charger was not doing much more than putting out a surface charge and causing a loss of power during the matches. They would have been the next substitute team if one of the robots didn't go, but they continued to help keep everyone going.

And thanks to all the friends who came by and offered their support to me and especially those who climbed up stairs to visit with Marcy. All your good words are very, very much appreciated.

Mr. Bill and Marcy

Last edited by Bill Beatty : 07-26-2006 at 08:01 PM.
  #45   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2006, 07:57 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Bharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bharat Nain Send a message via MSN to Bharat Nain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Beatty
WOW! What a tournament! The win at IRI was as exciting and as difficult as any competition we have ever been in. The planets were all lined up for us on Saturday.

Thanks to all the folks that made the IRI possible. It continues to be the premier post season tournament. You will have a greater clamoring of participants attempting to sign up next year.

Thanks to 1625 and 910, our alliance partners. You were great and we worked together superbly.

Thanks to all the fans that cheered us on, particularly some folks from team 25. After their loss (no one should have had to loose any of those matches) some of their folks came and sat with us and cheered us on. How is that for gracious professionalism?

And thanks to all the friends who came by and offered their support to me and especially those who climbed up stairs to visit with Marcy. All your good words are very, very much appreciated.

Mr. Bill and Marcy
We cheer you on because we love your team. You manage to do well no matter what sort of machine you produce.

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: