OCCRA
Go to Post So basically, the advantage of #35 is that it allows you to be sloppier in your design and fabrication. If you pay close attention to these details, you will never have a problem with #25 chain. - Jim Zondag [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Amanda Morrison's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
18 FRC Seasons & Counting!
AKA: VP, Operations at VEX Robotics, Inc.
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Amanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hey High School Seniors! Need Scholarship Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieK
I was appalled that about half of them were handwritten in writing that was barely legible; and most of them contained misspelled words or punctuation errors. It influenced my decision on who would receive the money.
Indeed! Starting back in middle school, I edited my mom's papers for her college classes. Since then, I have edited webzine articles, school papers for friends and family, and articles for different newspapers/journals. I stand by this - NO writer is perfect. I am not perfect, either. I do make common spelling mistakes all the time, and nobody's grammar can be absolutely amazing. But just having someone do a quick lookover of your paper can do wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute
can we pay you under the table to write papers for classes?
Sorry kids. I only edit. No amount of money is going to get me to write your paper... but I'll go over a few drafts with you if I have to. Cheaters never win, winners never cheat.

Alumna - Teams 71, 1020, 1720, 148, 1296
Working to make sure all FRC students learn the beauty and benefit of communication skills to ensure their future success. Want help editing your awards submissions? Click here.

Last edited by Amanda Morrison : 09-16-2004 at 01:17 PM. Reason: oh the irony - caught a grammar mistake.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-16-2004, 10:59 PM
"flock their sheep"
AKA: Jeffrey Li
FRC #2505 (The Electric Sheep) & FRC #0188 (Blizzard)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2003
J Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to J Flex 188 Send a message via AIM to J Flex 188

like everyone else, im going to have to echo the fact that i may take up your offer of editing an essay or two (hopefully only one ). I'm looking to get into an ivy league school with a killer essay or two, relying on extracurriculars rather than marks/sats.. cause we all know what robotics does to our second term grades -__-"..hehe.

Woburn Robotics, Class of 2005.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2004, 08:03 PM
This is a line...
AKA: Paul
FRC #0818 (Genesis '02)

IMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to IMDWalrus

I think you're going to regret making this offer, Amanda...who knows how many papers you'll end up correcting?

Unfortunately for you, I'm a senior as well...and I might take you up off on the offer, depending on how desperate for help I am. I think I'll use you as a last resort, since your time is much more valuable than mine...
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Amanda Morrison's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
18 FRC Seasons & Counting!
AKA: VP, Operations at VEX Robotics, Inc.
no team

Amanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I haven't been swamped yet... only had a few to take me up on this offer. I'm a little disappointed.

Bring 'em on, kiddies. You underestimate the power of Amanda Morrison.

Alumna - Teams 71, 1020, 1720, 148, 1296
Working to make sure all FRC students learn the beauty and benefit of communication skills to ensure their future success. Want help editing your awards submissions? Click here.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-29-2004, 09:03 PM
The Ronin
AKA: Brian Nguyen
Team Role: Leadership

roninmedia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to roninmedia Send a message via AIM to roninmedia Send a message via Yahoo to roninmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Morrison
Honestly, I haven't been swamped yet... only had a few to take me up on this offer. I'm a little disappointed.

I should have stumbled upon this sooner. Stupid hurricanes, clubs, and work. Can't hurt for a third person to go over my essays.

Team 1068 Treasurer, Web Technician and 1068 Chief Designer?

AIM/Yahoo: roninmediax ICQ: 116318652
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-29-2004, 10:28 PM
AKA: Rafghan
FRC #0935 (RaileRobotics)

Rafi A is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rafi A Send a message via MSN to Rafi A Send a message via Yahoo to Rafi A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Morrison

Well, I've got a couple of scholarship essays due by the end of October, so I'll probably take you up on your offer as soon as a slam some rough drafts out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: