Go to Post - Only think of Gracious Professionalism as a standard to work toward personally. - Never use it as a gauge to point out someone else’s shortcomings. - Rich Kressly [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-21-2006, 11:30 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Re: Turning 18...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastertux
Don't forget to register for the Selective Service.
Stole my line.. I was gonna say that.

So, anyways.. Happy late B-day.

That said, the future awaits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
Adulthood and all the responsibility and unpredictability that comes with it. Be an agile thinker and have a good sense of humor about things in life. Your stomach and arteries will thank you.
I concur, the best thing to do as you get older is to not get too worked up about anything in life that careens (yes most problems will come into your path when you least expect it so hence why I use that word) into your daily life.

In HS, you have a lot of problems facing you, but hate it as I may, the problems facing you after you graduate are harder to the X'th degree.

I would have never believed that if you asked me if my problems that I had to deal with later in life would be harder than the ones around HS age, but it's true..

But, there is hope. As Ed said, be prepared to deal with these things as you grow up, and to take his words a step farther, gain not only the child/parent relationship with your parents, but the friendship of your parents as well as you grow up, because as hard as it may be to see now for some of you who are 18, or younger even, they will become your allies later on in life if you don't reject their help now.

#17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-22-2006, 08:29 AM
IGAB, ADHD, and Dislexic
AKA: Ty
FRC #0179 (SwampThing)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2001
Tytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turning 18...

adulthood is overrated. people just give you wierd looks when you play with your transformers nerf guns and lightsabres.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: