Go to Post it's flattering, but a little scary, because I don't know if I'm ready to be an inspiration! - MissInformation [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#76   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 03:15 PM
Eats Tableau for Breakfast
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MN State Championship 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
I still have issues with posting pictures.....

BTW - Did anyone notice that in Quals the MN State Tournament had a higher percentage of auto quests, climbs, face the boss, and unicorn matches than every division in Houston?
Ill assume youre talking quals, cause Roebling playoffs ruins this fact.

The following DCMP's also surpassed these for the following parts:
Auto Quest: PNW, IN, ONT, NE, MSC
Climbs: PNW, MAR, ONT (science), NE, MSC
Face The Boss: ONT (Science), MSC (Ford, Consumers Energy, DTE)
Unicorn: ONT (Science), NE, MSC (Ford, Consumers Energy, DTE)

The average division size is 67, the average DCMP size listed above is about 43, and MSHSL was 36. Take that as you will.

While im here, $11 to watch an offseason is whack. If anyone has the finals recorded please link them to me as I want to watch them.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017

Volunteer
A/V: West Valley, PNW DCMP 2018
  #77   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 05:41 PM
FRC #3244 (Granite City Gearheads)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2015
cpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to all

I'm startng to come to terms with paying to watch the event. Does anyone have a link to find it?

Last edited by cpapplefamily : 05-20-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Phone auto text fail
  #78   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 06:48 PM
FRC #2502

Whatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikLast View Post
Ill assume youre talking quals, cause Roebling playoffs ruins this fact.

The following DCMP's also surpassed these for the following parts:
Auto Quest: PNW, IN, ONT, NE, MSC
Climbs: PNW, MAR, ONT (science), NE, MSC
Face The Boss: ONT (Science), MSC (Ford, Consumers Energy, DTE)
Unicorn: ONT (Science), NE, MSC (Ford, Consumers Energy, DTE)

The average division size is 67, the average DCMP size listed above is about 43, and MSHSL was 36. Take that as you will.

While im here, $11 to watch an offseason is whack. If anyone has the finals recorded please link them to me as I want to watch them.
I should put some context on my statement.
Someone asked me prior to the event how I thought the event was going to play. My comment was I thought it would hold it's own with a district championship or a championship division. I think the insight numbers suggest that it did. I was thinking about that when I was typing and forgot to include context.
  #79   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Eats Tableau for Breakfast
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I should put some context on my statement.
Someone asked me prior to the event how I thought the event was going to play. My comment was I thought it would hold it's own with a district championship or a championship division. I think the insight numbers suggest that it did. I was thinking about that when I was typing and forgot to include context.
I was only seeing how it compared to other DCMPS, mainly for fun. Wasnt insinuating anything if thats what youre trying to say.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017

Volunteer
A/V: West Valley, PNW DCMP 2018
  #80   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 10:15 AM
AKA: Kaeden Hietala
FRC #3750 (Gator Robotics 3750)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2017
Minnesotanboy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Someone might find this interesting.....

I took a scatter plot of the rankings of MN teams at MN state on the X axis and ranking of those teams at champs on the Y axis.
Using a linear trendline, excel gave me a trendline with a formula of y=1.2456x+17.302 with an R = 0.4193.

It implies to me that 2227, 2491, and 3750 all would have had favorable odds of being in the top half of a division at champs. 2181 and 4174 would have had reasonable odds as well.
2491 had amazing drivers! it was amazing to drive against them at the Great Northern, Northern Lights, and State. They have defense down to an art.
  #81   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 10:30 AM
AKA: Kaeden Hietala
FRC #3750 (Gator Robotics 3750)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2017
Minnesotanboy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon5638 View Post
5638 recorded their matches from the stands.
did you guys only record your matches? or the whole competition?
  #82   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 11:51 AM
I make the robot work (sometimes)
AKA: Lundo
FRC #5638 (LqPV Robotics)
Team Role: Programmer

brandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotanboy22 View Post
did you guys only record your matches? or the whole competition?
Only ours. They're whitelisted right now due to copyright stuff with the MSHSL. It was fun playing with you guys this season

Doing is better than hoping. ctrl+z can save lives. 4 Year Driver.

2015 - Northern Lights Quarter Finalists, Minnesota State Qualifiers
2017 - Iowa Regional Semi-Finalists, Minnesota State Qualifiers
2018 - Great Northern Regional Finalists, Minnesota North Star Quarter Finalists, Minnesota State Qualifiers
2019 - ?????
  #83   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 12:14 PM
AKA: Ethan
FRC #2491 (No Mythic)
Team Role: Mechanical

ethanhavens0500 is on a distinguished road

2491 had amazing drivers! it was amazing to drive against them at the Great Northern, Northern Lights, and State. They have defense down to an art.

That was because this years driver played defense against last years driver. Our 2017 drive train was very weak to defense so we practiced against a kit chassis. So naturally a strong tank drive on a non tipsy shooter was a perfect fit for his driving style.
  #84   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 12:18 PM
FRC #3244 (Granite City Gearheads)

cpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to allcpapplefamily is a name known to all

Quote:
Only ours. They're whitelisted right now due to copyright stuff with the MSHSL.
WOW they even blockade personal Cell Phone video. I'm supper disappointing in the lack of availability to view from this event*. We just posted our low quality Cell video last night.

*Knowingly its not necessarily the event hosts issue.

#85   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 11:07 PM

brandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhavens0500 View Post
They have defense down to an art.
Bet. 1v1 me bro /s

2018 - Great Northern Regional Finalists, Minnesota North Star Quarter Finalists, Minnesota State Qualifiers
2019 - ?????

Last edited by brandon5638 : 05-24-2018 at 11:09 PM.
  #86   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 11:12 PM
Mentor
FRC #4607 (C.I.S.)

Rookie Year: 2012
Chief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpapplefamily View Post
WOW they even blockade personal Cell Phone video. I'm supper disappointing in the lack of availability to view from this event*. We just posted our low quality Cell video last night.

*Knowingly its not necessarily the event hosts issue.
There have been so many great matches and rivalries made at State in recent years... and now that we have had this event for seven years, it would be great to see how teams such as 2052, 2175, 3130, 3276, 5172, 4539, and many others have faired throughout the years. MN is maturing into a great robotics state - too bad we can't use video from our own state tournament to gauge all of these teams and their performances.

It was also great to see the outstate teams really put their stamp on the current state of FIRST in Minnesota this year! It is too early to say the torch has been passed, but 5172, 4539, and 6175 really made a show out of it this year by beating perennial metro powerhouses 3130 and 2052 in the finals and 2169 and 1816 in the semifinals. Minnesota seems more balanced than ever - I cannot wait to see what 2019 brings!

Good Luck!

I'MN

"Innovation cannot happen in isolation"

Last edited by Chief Hedgehog : 05-24-2018 at 11:15 PM.
  #87   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 11:22 PM
Scouting Maniac
AKA: Danny Berkson
FRC #2491 (No Mythic)
Team Role: Leadership

nomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud of

Quote:
Bet. 1v1 me bro /s
Come to Gitchi Gummi and well take you up.

Any questions, comments, concerns or smart remarks? PM me or email me at nomythicalbeast@gmail.com.
  #88   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Hedgehog View Post
Minnesota seems more balanced than ever - I cannot wait to see what 2019 brings!
Agreed

2019 - ?????
  #89   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2018, 11:52 PM
Mentor
FRC #4607 (C.I.S.)

Rookie Year: 2012
Chief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond reputeChief Hedgehog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed
Believe me, I am not overlooking what is happening out there at Lac Qui Parle Valley/Madison... seriously impressed in what you are doing!

I'MN

"Innovation cannot happen in isolation"
  #90   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-25-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Hedgehog View Post
Believe me, I am not overlooking what is happening out there at Lac Qui Parle Valley/Madison... seriously impressed in what you are doing!
Were not at the level we want to be at yet, but i think were climbing the ladder. There are a lot of things we can do better, and I think weve got it down for 2019!

2019 - ?????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: