OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST is the best thing I could have ever done. It shows me where I think my limits are, and it destroys them right in front of my eyes. My experiences with FIRST have defined who I am, and I am beyond blessed to have had them. - Audrey Chu [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 02:12 PM
WFFA 2016
AKA: Brian "Robo" Jones
FRC #3937 (Breakaway)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
Breakaway3937 is a glorious beacon of lightBreakaway3937 is a glorious beacon of lightBreakaway3937 is a glorious beacon of lightBreakaway3937 is a glorious beacon of lightBreakaway3937 is a glorious beacon of light
2018 Ozark Mountain Brawl

I want to let each of you know about this year’s Ozark Mountain Brawl taking place on the beautiful campus of Harding Academy in Searcy, Arkansas. This event will occur on Friday, Sept. 28th through Saturday, Sept 29th. We are doing some things different on Friday. We want to have a competitive competition, but we are also wanting this to be an opportunity for teams to train. We are reformatting Friday to have some exciting training events and conferences as well as matches later that night. Your registration fee gets you into all events. There is not an additional fee for the conferences.

SCHEDULE
Friday, Sept. 28th, 2018
1:00 Doors open for teams to set up pits, registration, WPA encryption, safety inspection begins, Practice field opens, and Concession Stand opens.
2:30 – 3:30 Vision calibration practice
3:30 - 6:30 Practice sessions/challenges
5:00 - 8:00 Conference Classes
6:30 Driver meeting
7:30 – 9:30 Qualification matches

Saturday, Sept. 29th, 2018
8:00 Doors open for teams
8:30 Opening ceremony
9:00–11:30 Qualification matches
11:45 Alliance selection
12:00-1:00 Lunch
1:00 Elimination tournament
4:00 Closing Ceremonies and Awards
5:00 Estimated end of activities

We are very excited to have this event again on the campus of Harding University and Harding Academy. It will be held in two basketball gyms at Harding Academy.

Here is a link to a map of the campus. There are plenty of hotels in the area with some great rates.

REGISTRATION
You can register today at this link. Registration will close at 36 teams and the remaining registrants will be wait listed. Registration is on a first come first served basis. So register today and get your payment in to secure your spot.

Cost will be as follows:
$300 – Teams Early Registration (9/3/18)
$350 – Teams Late Registration
FREE - 2019 Rookie Teams Registration

RULE CHANGES
We will be implementing several rule changes for this year’s OMB. This may include changes to alliance selections. Stay tuned for those to be finalized.

WEBCAST
We will be webcasting the event live on Friday and Saturday. Stay tuned for more information.

Lots more to come. I hope you can join us for the 2018 OMB. See you soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: