Go to Post P.S. could we get Kanagasabapathy added to the spell check? or will it not handle words that big? :) - Holtzman [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:42 PM
,':-)
AKA: C. Carey
FRC #0306 (CRT)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Cody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cody Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Cody Carey
pic: Another one...

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Wants to go sledding
AKA: Mark Umansky
FRC #0612 (Chantilly Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2006
Frinkahedron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Frinkahedron
Re: pic: Another one...

Did you use a source photo for the raster of the face? Really well done.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Pocket Full of Tools
FRC #0604 (Quixilver)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2001
Gabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond repute

If my fingers had been cut off like that, my facial expression would be quite different.
By the way, that's not a pinch point, that's an amputation.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:50 PM
believes in robots
AKA: Pika1579
FRC #3940
Team Role: Mentor

Liz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond reputeLiz Smith has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Liz Smith

I really like these! I can't wait to see you guys in Pittsburgh.
AndyMark, Inc.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2007, 10:12 PM
FRC #0306 (CRT)

Cody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinkahedron View Post
Did you use a source photo for the raster of the face? Really well done.
I was just thinking generic t-shirt guy. I looked at one on a shirt I have before I drew this one.

Thanks guys! glad you like 'em.

The status on us handing decals/stickers out at regionals has been upgraded from hopefully to probably, so look for them at Pittsburgh and Buckeye!

More to come.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Typer of doom
AKA: Chris McKenzie
FRC #2186 (Westfield Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2007
ChrisMcK2186 is a glorious beacon of lightChrisMcK2186 is a glorious beacon of lightChrisMcK2186 is a glorious beacon of lightChrisMcK2186 is a glorious beacon of lightChrisMcK2186 is a glorious beacon of lightChrisMcK2186 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ChrisMcK2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
If my fingers had been cut off like that, my facial expression would be quite different.
By the way, that's not a pinch point, that's an amputation.
The guy could possibly be about to scream, or he is like the guy from "the world is not enough".

Chris

Stephen Colbert-"Please tell me this leads to robot
battles."
Dean Kamen-"It does lead to kids building robots, and they do compete in the sport but we also teach the kids gracious proffesionalism, so while the robots are competing, they do it in a very, very gracious way."

Darn, I got into this for the battles!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

Cody-

These are great! I can't wait to see an entire series of these, plastered all over the robot and the shop!

The style reminds me of one of my very favorite warning signs, which hangs conspicuously outside of the main optics lab at the science and engineering technology center of the European Space Agency:

This is definitely one that you tend to remember! Yours are right up there in terms of memorability, clarity, and impact of the message. Good job!

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-27-2007, 03:00 PM
FRC #0306 (CRT)

I love that sign!

I was actually thinking about it when I made these... I remember seeing that one on the forum a long time ago. Awesome.

If I continue to upload new ones as I make them... do you think you guys will get annoyed?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Onward through the fog.
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

I would not, I think they are cool.

It's all in the eyebrows.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
FRC #2135
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2007
Arille is a splendid one to beholdArille is a splendid one to beholdArille is a splendid one to beholdArille is a splendid one to beholdArille is a splendid one to beholdArille is a splendid one to beholdArille is a splendid one to beholdArille is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Arille

This is his face the .9734 seconds before he shouts out an expletive, followed with a really loud "Ouch."

Silicon Valley Regional 2007 Rookie Inspiration Award!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: