OCCRA
Go to Post Now the real question is where are corn dogs located on that list? That is truly all that matters. - Thad House [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2017, 01:51 PM
FRC #5818 (Riviera Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2016
holazola will become famous soon enoughholazola will become famous soon enough
Bay Area Maker Faire - Thanks to all the FRC teams!

I just wanted to give thanks all the FRC teams that brought their robots to the Maker Faire last weekend. We really enjoyed talking with all of you in a non-competition environment.

Sorry I forgot all the team numbers, but special thanks to 114 Eagle Strike and 8 Paly Robotics for letting our driver test your robots. And also big thanks to 5940 BREAD for having a booth all weekend and sharing with all the kids, young and old.

Also, I hope you all got to a chance see the Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy ( ex1717) and their huge Mechatronics tent. Those projects are what they do instead of FRC now. Very impressive in their own way.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-24-2017, 03:30 PM
Apparently Andrew Lawrence
AKA: Nicholas Dal Porto
FRC #5940 (B.R.E.A.D.)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2012
frcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bay Area Maker Faire - Thanks to all the FRC teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holazola View Post
I just wanted to give thanks all the FRC teams that brought their robots to the Maker Faire last weekend. We really enjoyed talking with all of you in a non-competition environment.

Sorry I forgot all the team numbers, but special thanks to 114 Eagle Strike and 8 Paly Robotics for letting our driver test your robots. And also big thanks to 5940 BREAD for having a booth all weekend and sharing with all the kids, young and old.

Also, I hope you all got to a chance see the Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy ( ex1717) and their huge Mechatronics tent. Those projects are what they do instead of FRC now. Very impressive in their own way.
Hey! It's Nick from 5940 (guy with glasses if we spoke). We had a great time talking with you and your students and are happy you enjoyed the Faire! We all love having the booth and meeting new people. Thanks for coming up from SoCal!

Team 5940: 2015-

Volunteer: 4000 () miles and counting!
See where I've been, and where I'm going
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Jonathan
AKA: Jonathan Zwiebel
FRC #0008 (Paly Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2014
T8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond reputeT8PineappleSam has a reputation beyond repute

Maker Faire was great! Team 8 had a blast showing off our robot, and was surprised and pleased so see you guys there. I was able to stop by the DPEA tent and was incredibly impressed with the projects that your students have been able to put together. The technical binders that were on the side table showed an incredible level of daily documentation, and something that we would love to emulate.

2017 Team 8 Project Manager and Operator Ventura Regional Quarterfinalist, Entrepreneurship Award, and Creativity Award, Silicon Valley Regional Finalist, Entrepreneurship Award, and Wildcard, Roebling Division Semifinalist
2016 Team 8 Programmer and Driver
Central Valley Regional Finalist and Wildcard, Silicon Valley Regional Quarterfinalist, Curie Division, CalGames Quarterfinalist and Entrepreneurship Award, Capital City Classic Quarterfinalist
2015 Team 8 Programmer Central Valley Regional Entrepreneurship Award, Silicon Valley Regional Entrepreneurship Award, Capital City Classic Semifinalist and Judges' Award
2014 Team 8 Programmer Central Valley Regional, Silicon Valley Regional, Chezy Champs
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Apparently Andrew Lawrence
AKA: Nicholas Dal Porto
FRC #5940 (B.R.E.A.D.)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2012
frcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T8PineappleSam View Post
I was able to stop by the DPEA tent and was incredibly impressed with the projects that your students have been able to put together. The technical binders that were on the side table showed an incredible level of daily documentation, and something that we would love to emulate.
Agreed! We steered some of our school staff over there, one of whom is a admissions counselor and staff member at Stanford. After talking with the DPEA students and staff he told me that the level of detail and the projects that were created were as good as, if not better, than what undergrads at Stanford produce.

Team 5940: 2015-

Volunteer: 4000 () miles and counting!
See where I've been, and where I'm going
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-25-2017, 04:36 PM
Webmaster, IT, and everything else
AKA: Fletcher
FRC #0100 (Wildhats)

Rookie Year: 2014
007a83 will become famous soon enough

+1

Was great to talk to everyone. Hope everyone enjoyed our davit.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-25-2017, 06:44 PM
FRC #5818 (Riviera Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2016
holazola will become famous soon enoughholazola will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007a83 View Post
Hope everyone enjoyed our davit.
Yes! it was a wacky davit (you'll need to explain it) but thanks for bringing it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: