OCCRA
Go to Post Make an informed choice, and feel free to change your mind, if you need to. - Tristan Lall [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Engineering Coach
AKA: Allen "JAG" Gregory
FRC #3847 (Spectrum)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2003
AllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AllenGregoryIV
Re: Robot Signal Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagar View Post
Hi David,

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you. Here is a link to what I purchased from Digi-Key. These work perfectly.

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...5711-ND/349143

Thanks!

Greg
Where exactly are you using these connectors? I'm not sure I'm fallowing, are these plugging into the RoboRIO signal light pins?

Team 647 | Cyber Wolf Corps | Alumni | 2003-2006 | Shoemaker HS
Team 2587 | DiscoBots | Mentor | 2008-2011 | Rice University / Houston Food Bank
Team 3847 | Spectrum | Coach | 2012-20... | St Agnes Academy
LRI | Alamo Regional | 2014-20...
"Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

I think they got off track from the thread conversation about the RSL connector.
Since that's just the connector for the roboRIO power.

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 10-15-2018 at 05:24 PM.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-16-2018, 08:24 AM
1506 Metal Muscle Electrical Team
AKA: Greg
FRC #1506 (Metal Muscle)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2015
Zagar is a name known to allZagar is a name known to allZagar is a name known to allZagar is a name known to allZagar is a name known to allZagar is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenGregoryIV View Post
Where exactly are you using these connectors? I'm not sure I'm fallowing, are these plugging into the RoboRIO signal light pins?
Hi Allen,

Yes, what Mark said. Sorry about that. It went off on a tangent a bit as we started talking about power connectors for the Rio as well. That's what the link is for.

Thanks!

Greg
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-16-2018, 09:06 AM
FRC #3244 (Granite City Gearheads)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2015
cpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to beholdcpapplefamily is a splendid one to behold

We used a 1x2 and 1x5 header to plug the RSL in. The 1x2 is on the Roborio side and the 1x5 used socket 1,3,and 5. Fortunately the RSL uses the center pin as 0vdc and pins 1 and 5 are jumper to the signal. The past few year Inventables had a voucher you could use to order a Wireing kit and tool. We needed the RSL light to fit into a pipe and the factory plug would not clear.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: