Go to Post If there isn't unity in your team, the outcome will never be good. - Arefin Bari [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Mentor | Drive Coach
AKA: Sarah Soriano
FRC #1810 (Jaguar Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future
Houston Divisions Pit Location Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

With the note of the randomization of the pit map, I've decided to compile the information of teams in each division and (when it comes out) their pit location. It's according to the FRC-Events website information and the layout of pits in the pit map Frank Merrick shared here.

In each division's tab, there's a list where the teams are in numerical order and then a list of pit location order based on the rows first alphabetically by street then by number. Pits aren't out yet, but I plan on updating it once they are (I'll need something to do on my way to Houston).

There is a difference in numbers of teams and pits in divisions so far, so they don't all align. It is a first draft, so if there are any outstanding issues let me know!

Jaguar Robotics & KU School of Design
2016-Current Mentor 2015-2016 Team Captain 2014-2016 Drive Team 2014-2016 Electrical Captain 2013-2014 Safety Captain
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:05 PM
AKA: Cooper Cash
FRC #4587 (Jersey Voltage)

Cash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond reputeCash4587 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Houston Divisions Pit Location Spreadsheet

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Mentor | Drive Coach

221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future221Sarahborg has a brilliant future

Update: Pit locations can now be found on the FIRST Championship app, so they are being added to the spreadsheet!

2016-Current Mentor 2015-2016 Team Captain 2014-2016 Drive Team 2014-2016 Electrical Captain 2013-2014 Safety Captain
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Always Scouting
AKA: James Comstock
FRC #0179 (The Children of The Swamp)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2006
MARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MARS_James

Quote:
No longer will we have old timer alley and rookie row
Meanwhile in Roebling 4 out of 10 rookies are in a 3x3 pit area between E01 and F05. With 3 of them literally surrounding the lowest number in the division. Don't get me wrong I am ok with being surrounded by rookies but it doesn't exactly accomplish what Frank said in the post. You might as well have made it so E01 was the lowest number and E02 was the highest and continue in ascending order for odds and descending for even and accomplished the mix that was desired.

I do enjoy that we have no one behind us at the moment though as it will make escaping the pit easier.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2018, 09:47 PM
anonymous internet person
FRC #0842 (Falcon Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

s_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded the app to see the map and pit locations, but it appears that the map only shows the pit numbers instead of the team numbers. Does anyone know if this will be updated in the future, or is it there and and I'm blind?

I really don't want to make my own map of the pit with team numbers on it.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2018, 09:53 PM
FRC #4646 (Team ASAP)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
bobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_forbes View Post
I downloaded the app to see the map and pit locations, but it appears that the map only shows the pit numbers instead of the team numbers. Does anyone know if this will be updated in the future, or is it there and and I'm blind?

I really don't want to make my own map of the pit with team numbers on it.
I believe you can tap on each pit one at a time to see the team number.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2018, 10:09 PM

s_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysq View Post
I believe you can tap on each pit one at a time to see the team number.
That isn't working for me, and I wouldn't be satisfied with that anyway. I need a map to navigate.

I ended up just making a map for our division, since it wasn't difficult thanks to OP's list. I think there may be some errors though, for instance, in Turing there are some pits that don't exist on FIRST's map (H11, for example) but do exist in this list. Conversely, some pits exist on FIRST's map (H12) and aren't in this list.

Anyway, here's Turing:

Edit:
Apparently I do want to make a pit map. Here's the pit in a printable form (click for larger):

Last edited by s_forbes : 04-14-2018 at 11:15 PM.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2018, 11:21 PM
Engineering Coach
AKA: Allen "JAG" Gregory
FRC #3847 (Spectrum)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2003
AllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AllenGregoryIV

Quote:
Anyway, here's Turing:

Edit:
Apparently I do want to make a pit map. Here's the pit in a printable form (click for larger):
Thank You!

Team 647 | Cyber Wolf Corps | Alumni | 2003-2006 | Shoemaker HS
Team 2587 | DiscoBots | Mentor | 2008-2011 | Rice University / Houston Food Bank
Team 3847 | Spectrum | Coach | 2012-20... | St Agnes Academy
LRI | Alamo Regional | 2014-20...
"Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 08:24 AM
Tim Sharp
FRC #3959 (Morgan County Mech Tech)

Rookie Year: 2012
Tim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud ofTim Sharp has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARS_James View Post
Meanwhile in Roebling 4 out of 10 rookies are in a 3x3 pit area between E01 and F05. With 3 of them literally surrounding the lowest number in the division. Don't get me wrong I am ok with being surrounded by rookies but it doesn't exactly accomplish what Frank said in the post. You might as well have made it so E01 was the lowest number and E02 was the highest and continue in ascending order for odds and descending for even and accomplished the mix that was desired.

I do enjoy that we have no one behind us at the moment though as it will make escaping the pit easier.
I don't know why they thought random assignments would be better than a mindful process. I understand the desire to mix things up a bit, but I think we all would have been better served by changing the assignment process to something designed to get closer to the desired arrangement rather than just assigning everyone randomly.

The configuration of the pit boundaries is odd as well. 1730, 6459, and 2383 got stuck out on an island. The pits to their right are in Turing, to their left is Galileo and in front of them is Hopper/Turing. They won't be within view of anyone else in the division. Yet, as you mentioned, there are two empty pits right in the middle of the division.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:34 AM
A Life Spent Reversing Entropy
AKA: B. Page
FRC #1533 (Triple Strange)

Rookie Year: 2011
iyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thank You!...this is awesome and a quick tool I will use.

Favor to ask though...since someone might want to use this to find us (1533), could you add us to our spot in H12?...you know, randomized right there next to 1538? Unless there is a real reason we were left out (insert paranoid tone here).
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:44 AM
no team

Tungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond reputeTungrus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Sharp View Post
I don't know why they thought random assignments would be better than a mindful process. ..<snip>
I guess, they want judges to get their workout or went with "confusion attack" strategy. I believe this is not the first time, New York or some other event had random pit assignment. Hope they don't repeat this week in Detroit. BTW sequebtial numbers look better than random (except on lotto).
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyportne View Post
Thank You!...this is awesome and a quick tool I will use.

Favor to ask though...since someone might want to use this to find us (1533), could you add us to our spot in H12?...you know, randomized right there next to 1538? Unless there is a real reason we were left out (insert paranoid tone here).
Thanks for pointing out the error. I also corrected one pit in Carver that had a gap in the data and was showing 0. I'm pretty sure that all of the remaining pits marked 0 are going to be empty pits unless there is a last minute team registering. Low ink printout version attached as a pdf as well if you want to make copies.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf PitMap.pdf (60.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf PitMap-color.pdf (64.7 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by s_forbes : 04-15-2018 at 10:15 AM.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Mentor | Drive Coach

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out the error. I also corrected one pit in Carver that had a gap in the data and was showing 0. I'm pretty sure that all of the remaining pits marked 0 are going to be empty pits unless there is a last minute team registering. Low ink printout version attached as a pdf as well if you want to make copies.
Thank you! This will help a lot to have along with the list.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 10:51 PM
WOPR Software Integration Lead
FRC #1622 (Team Spyder)

Rookie Year: 1337
jlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond reputejlindquist74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyportne View Post
I just assumed that's where 1538 would keep their cow tied up.

(The maps are fantastic. Sarah and S_, thank you both!)
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 07:15 AM
A Life Spent Reversing Entropy
AKA: B. Page
FRC #1533 (Triple Strange)

Rookie Year: 2011
iyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of lightiyportne is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindquist74 View Post
I just assumed that's where 1538 would keep their cow tied up.

(The maps are fantastic. Sarah and S_, thank you both!)
Team 1533 of Greensboro North Carolina Graciously accepts the role of prize steer and cash cow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: