Go to Post Joe is a great sport and this was a good moral booster after a grueling weekend. How many opportunities do you get to play William Tell with a Regional WFA Winner? :) - The Lucas [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:03 AM
AKA: Rich Lester
FRC #5484 (Memento Vitam)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
hardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud of
Buttons at world's

How many buttons do teams usually bring as giveaways?
Mentor 2959 :: 2013 - 2016
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:21 AM
AKA: Matt Esser
FRC #5740 (Trojanators)

Rookie Year: 2015
messer5740 is a splendid one to beholdmesser5740 is a splendid one to beholdmesser5740 is a splendid one to beholdmesser5740 is a splendid one to beholdmesser5740 is a splendid one to beholdmesser5740 is a splendid one to beholdmesser5740 is a splendid one to beholdmesser5740 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Buttons at world's

Were going to bring upwards of 200 and some wrist bands. Hope this helped! I know other teams bring a TON more than us though.

A good driver is always better than a good robot.

2015: Winner of the Rookie Inspiration Award
2016: Quarterfinalists at Greater Pittsburgh Regional and Buckeye Regional
2017: Dean's List Finalist
2018: Engineering Inspiration Award; Quarterfinalists at the Miami Valley and Greater Pittsburgh Regional
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Build Captain and Driver
AKA: Jared Dunn
FRC #5811 (BONDS)
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2016
inorbert is on a distinguished road
200 is on the low end. There are 400+ teams at champs. When my team went to champs in 2016 we brought 750 and had 2 students working at the competition to make more.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:44 AM
AKA: Xander
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2012
Xand10 is just really niceXand10 is just really niceXand10 is just really niceXand10 is just really niceXand10 is just really nice

No matter how many you bring, you will always need more. /s
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Eats Tableau for Breakfast
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xand10 View Post
No matter how many you bring, you will always need more. /s
I wish /s applied. I remember bringing almost 600 to a district event last year (30ish teams) and we were out midday Friday.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017

Volunteer
A/V: West Valley, PNW DCMP 2018
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2018, 10:55 AM
FRC #3572 (Wavelength)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2010
MrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond reputeMrBasse has a reputation beyond repute

Put them in a little bucket and they last a lot longer. We used to use a 3 gallon bucket and would run out on Friday. Started using a little 2 quart paint mixing bucket and they last a lot longer. Nobody takes two or three extra when there are only 5 buttons left.

Also, then 15-20 people are so excited to get the last one all day long!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

My team has an excess of buttons from this year so I brought down 700 buttons to give away (we have 40 different types of buttons this year). Come look me up on Carver if you want any.
We have well over 2000 for Detroit. I briefly entertained the idea of making deluxe packs to give away and then I got fully into the tour and realized that that was far more work than I cared to do after getting back fro traveling hundreds of miles.

Last edited by Koko Ed : 04-17-2018 at 02:47 AM.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 09:51 AM
AKA: Bryan Rickards
no team (1592 Bionic Tigers / 2338 Gear it Forward)

Rookie Year: 2005
bigbeezy is a splendid one to beholdbigbeezy is a splendid one to beholdbigbeezy is a splendid one to beholdbigbeezy is a splendid one to beholdbigbeezy is a splendid one to beholdbigbeezy is a splendid one to beholdbigbeezy is a splendid one to beholdbigbeezy is a splendid one to behold

I wanna say that we'd have over 1000 for champs, maybe closer to 2000 but I really don't remember off the top of my head. We would still have to ration them in order to make it to late Friday. If we somehow left with buttons remaining then we didn't need to order more for summer outreach programs.
Winner - Colorado Regional 2008
Florida State University - BS Mechanical Engineering
Team 2338 Gear it Forward -- Mentor/Drive Coach 2013-2017
Winner - Wisconsin Regional 2013
Finalist - Midwest Regional 2014, 2015, 2016
Winner - Archimedes Sub-Division 2015
Chairman's Award - Midwest Regional 2015, 2016, 2017
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 10:14 AM
AKA: Rich Lester
FRC #5484 (Memento Vitam)

Rookie Year: 2013
hardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud ofhardcopi has much to be proud of

We have decided to make 288... I just ordered the stuff to make them. Our team is broke so that is our limit. Our New York trip ended up more expensive than expected (broken down truck, tow bill from Ohio to Indiana, renting a new truck, etc). I like the small container idea.
Mentor 2959 :: 2013 - 2016
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 11:24 PM
FRC #5675 (WiredCats)

Osby is a splendid one to beholdOsby is a splendid one to beholdOsby is a splendid one to beholdOsby is a splendid one to beholdOsby is a splendid one to beholdOsby is a splendid one to behold

We had about 500 for MSC.

They were gone half way thru the first day.

Thinking 2 -3000 for Worlds.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 11:37 PM
School is a pre-robotics activity
AKA: Karan Yadav
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Brian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBasse View Post
Put them in a little bucket and they last a lot longer. We used to use a 3 gallon bucket and would run out on Friday. Started using a little 2 quart paint mixing bucket and they last a lot longer. Nobody takes two or three extra when there are only 5 buttons left.
Instead of making tons of buttons, budget them. We have a stack that is saved for Friday, and stack saved for Saturday, etc. This way, we have them available everyday, and still have them for visitors who aren't at the venue each competition day.

2018: Central New York Winners, TVR Finalists, Detroit World Championship Darwin Quarterfinalists, IRI Invite
2017: TVR Winners, NYC Semifinalists, St. Louis World Championship Curie Quarterfinalists, IRI Invite, Ra Cha Cha Ruckus Quarterfinalists, Robot Rumble Winners
2016: TVR Semifinalists, FLR Semifinalists, Robot Rumble Winners, BattleCry Winners

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: