Go to Post Our team is using a video camera with frame-by-frame analysis to figure out all the characteristics of the foam ball. If the Boeing engineer says it's possible, I'm going to believe him. - sciencenerd [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Now this comes up

Uhm....
How many years are we staying?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
This is a line...
AKA: Paul
FRC #0818 (Genesis '02)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
IMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to IMDWalrus
Re: Now this comes up

Definitely a bit creepy, but I'm not all that worried - I'm sure that everyone will be fine in Atlanta. The fact that we're (usually) in large groups helps, and it's not like the city's police department will be on vacation while FIRST is down there.

Then again, 818 hasn't made it to Atlanta yet...
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDWalrus
Definitely a bit creepy, but I'm not all that worried - I'm sure that everyone will be fine in Atlanta. The fact that we're (usually) in large groups helps, and it's not like the city's police department will be on vacation while FIRST is down there.

Then again, 818 hasn't made it to Atlanta yet...
Actually I've been to Hotlanta a few times (I have brothers and a sister who live down there) and I was more concerned about the traffic than I was about crime but like any large city there are a few rough spots. I think teams should be a bit more mindful of their kids possibly wandering off, that's for sure.
Mostly I'm just put off that the police department would doctor numbers so they can attract events. Not very professional.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:57 PM
"flock their sheep"
AKA: Jeffrey Li
FRC #2505 (The Electric Sheep) & FRC #0188 (Blizzard)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2003
J Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to J Flex 188 Send a message via AIM to J Flex 188

ah, speaking of hotlanta, any idea what the temperature would be down there during the middle of april?

i was initially a bit concerned about the crime rate, but considering its a big city, like koko ed said, every city has a bit of roughness to it. its nice to wish that everywhere we went we could be safe and secure but it aint gonna happen.

</almost mugged getting off bus around 930 after build session>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
Actually I've been to Hotlanta a few times (I have brothers and a sister who live down there) and I was more concerned about the traffic than I was about crime but like any large city there are a few rough spots. I think teams should be a bit more mindful of their kids possibly wandering off, that's for sure.
Mostly I'm just put off that the police department would doctor numbers so they can attract events. Not very professional.

Woburn Robotics, Class of 2005.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Flex 188
ah, speaking of hotlanta, any idea what the temperature would be down there during the middle of april?

i was initially a bit concerned about the crime rate, but considering its a big city, like koko ed said, every city has a bit of roughness to it. its nice to wish that everywhere we went we could be safe and secure but it aint gonna happen.

</almost mugged getting off bus around 930 after build session>
Rochester was in the crosshairs for it's crime rate from a Toronto writer who wrote some seriously nasty things about our little town when we were trying to get tourism from Toronto with the fast ferry comming to town.
If you look hard enough any city will have warts, I suppose.

P.s. The fast ferry would be a great way for the Canadian teams to get to the Rochester regional next year.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
P.s. The fast ferry would be a great way for the Canadian teams to get to the Rochester regional next year.
I remember bringing up that very point when we first started talking to FIRST about the regional.

Matt
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2004, 12:31 PM
BSEE, MSEE, JD
AKA: employed
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Flex 188

No hotter than Epcot....i think i might just bring a jacket (traveling north to atlanta will probably be too cold )
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: