Go to Post Quality has nothing to do with desire you cant wish quality. Quality has nothing to do with time, or money, or the other guys attitude. Quality has everything to do with craftsmanship. - Jack Jones [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > CD Forum Support
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Mentor, LRI, MN RPC
FRC #2177 (The Robettes)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Jon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond repute
goto first new post broken with Chrome on Windows?

So, I'm having a problem this week with the "goto first new post" links on the recent activity list in the portal. When I click on them, they all take me to the most recent post as of Wednesday (8/10, sometime around noon, it seems), and not to the new post in threads I'm keeping up on - This has been consistent since Wednesday afternoon!

Whats interesting, is that this only seems to happen when visiting from my Windows 10 machine (Chrome, latest (52.0.2743.116 m)), and not from my iPhone (chrome, latest). Is this something to do with the most recent update to Chrome this week? I can't even express how annoying it is!
2016: Lake Superior WFFA
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Physics Teacher
AKA: Tom Zook
FRC #4276 (Surf City Vikings)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2011
SenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: goto first new post broken with Chrome on Windows?

That is funky. Whenever Chrome acts weird for me, I just clear cache and browsing history (and everything else) and it starts working again.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Enter your text here
FRC #0900 (♞The Zebracorns♞)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2016
ctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud of

I experienced a similar issue with Firefox on Windows 7. I'm not sure how to fix it; it seems to work when it wants to. Though Chrome probably isn't the best browser for Windows because of the tick rate/power consumption issue...

"You know, it's amazing how many things you can take apart with just one ordinary screwdriver!" - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes
"There's nothing a little duct tape and surgical tubing can't accomplish." - Sheldon J. Plankton
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 10:40 AM
It's pronounced Basl with a soft s
AKA: @BaselThe2nd
no team (that is, for now)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
Basel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond repute

Having the same problem on Chrome Windows 10 and Android. No such problems in Opera* on Android

*before anybody asks, I like having a mobile adblocker, saves tons of data
-Paul Copioli
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Mentor, LRI, MN RPC
FRC #2177 (The Robettes)

Jon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt956 View Post
Though Chrome probably isn't the best browser for Windows because of the tick rate/power consumption issue...
Yeah, I've seen the Microsoft data on that also. It's honestly not an issue for my Windows 10 machine, though - I've probably only used it for about 3 hours unplugged, cumulative... and that during meetings. Plus, our conference rooms here are all setup for wireless ChromeCast, which makes Chrome a must have. And it's nice having the synchronization across devices (as I use Chrome on multiple devices) when it comes to history and bookmarks.
2016: Lake Superior WFFA
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 11:03 AM
no bag, vex only, final destination
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #0228 (GUS Robotics); FRC #2170 (Titanium Tomahawks)

Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stratis View Post
So, I'm having a problem this week with the "goto first new post" links on the recent activity list in the portal. When I click on them, they all take me to the most recent post as of Wednesday (8/10, sometime around noon, it seems), and not to the new post in threads I'm keeping up on - This has been consistent since Wednesday afternoon!

Whats interesting, is that this only seems to happen when visiting from my Windows 10 machine (Chrome, latest (52.0.2743.116 m)), and not from my iPhone (chrome, latest). Is this something to do with the most recent update to Chrome this week? I can't even express how annoying it is!
This happens to me a lot. For days or even weeks, clicking the little button will take me to what the first new post was whenever I clicked that button days before. It seems to "stick" a lot. It's been happening to me for months, but I'm using IE 10 mostly.
2016 Waterbury SFs (with 3314, 3719), 2016 Rhode Island #2 Seed / Winners (with 1058, 6153), 2016 Carver QFs (with 503, 359, 4607)
Consultant Person: 2170 (2017) - Waterbury Judge's Award, Hartford Creativity Award
College Mentor: 2791 (2010-2015) Build Photos - 2015 TVR Quality, 2015 FLR Industrial Design,
2014 FLR Quality / SFs (with 341, 4930), 2013 BAE Quality, 2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182),
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), 2012 CT Xerox Creativity / SFs (with 2168, 118)
Student: 1714 (2009) - 2009 MN 10K Lakes Regional Winners (with 2826, 2470)
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Enter your text here
FRC #0900 (♞The Zebracorns♞)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2016
ctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is me View Post
...I'm using IE 10 mostly.

"You know, it's amazing how many things you can take apart with just one ordinary screwdriver!" - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes
"There's nothing a little duct tape and surgical tubing can't accomplish." - Sheldon J. Plankton
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 06:57 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is me View Post
This happens to me a lot. For days or even weeks, clicking the little button will take me to what the first new post was whenever I clicked that button days before. It seems to "stick" a lot. It's been happening to me for months, but I'm using IE 10 mostly.
Same. I've seen it in Chrome on Windows 7; I now use Firefox on Windows 10 and same thing. It'll reset every so often, but it's kind of annoying.

Sometimes the in-thread "first unread" will work, sometimes it won't.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2016, 08:20 PM
On to my 16th year in FRC
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

I've been experiencing this on Chrome on Android and Firefox on Windows 7 for a few weeks now. I thought it was only me.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-13-2016, 05:25 AM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Started happening for me - I keep getting directed to posts from the 9th.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-13-2016, 10:43 AM
FRC #3322 (Eagle Imperium)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2010
snekiam has a spectacular aura aboutsnekiam has a spectacular aura aboutsnekiam has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basel A View Post
Having the same problem on Chrome Windows 10 and Android. No such problems in Opera* on Android

*before anybody asks, I like having a mobile adblocker, saves tons of data
I just rooted and blocked ads in my hosts file - works system-wide, and I don't need to use Opera.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2017, 02:36 AM
On to my 16th year in FRC
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)

sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to bump this thread. I'm still having the issue on a clean install of Firefox on a clean install of Windows 7, and also on Chrome on Android 5. I'm thinking it's some kind of server-side issue in vBulletin. When I click the go to new post button on a thread on the portal, it takes me to things I've already read, in some instances, days ago. What's the fix?
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2017, 02:40 AM
Gone NE
AKA: Nicholas Dal Porto
FRC #5940 (B.R.E.A.D.)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2012
frcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond repute
goto first new post broken with Chrome on Windows?

Having the same issue with Chrome on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.10.

Team 5940: 2015-

Volunteer: 300 4000 () miles and counting!
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Engineering Mentor
AKA: Brian O'Sullivan
FRC #4561 (TerrorBytes)
Team Role: Engineer

Monochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond reputeMonochron has a reputation beyond repute

Same issue (it never resolved from a couple of months ago) on Chrome on Windows 7 and Windows 10. Trying clearing cache and history to no result. Win 10 machine was purchased recently and had the issue on first boot up.

For what it's worth, occasionally it does go to the right spot, just not all the time.

2017 | Industrial Design, Gracious Professionalism, NCCMP Winners, NC District - 1st Seed
2016 | Innovation In Controls, Industrial Design, Quality Award, NC District - 4th Seed
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Chromie and Troublemaker
AKA: Jess
FRC #3418 (Robo Riot)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
Toatekua is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever this happens in Chrome I suggest doing a browser reset. Going to the chrome settings and going all the way to the bottom, clicking show advanced settings, and scrolling further. Click on reset settings.

This won't delete anything, and will disable your extensions, which is probably the cause of the issue. It usually ends up being Adblock Plus if that's installed.

You guys can trust me, I'm a Chrome Rising Star on the Google Product Forums. What I'm saying here is what those guys will say too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: