OCCRA
Go to Post They're pigs, Barry, pigs. And they can fly... - JaneYoung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:30 PM
FRC #7231 (Team Freedom)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
osirisv is an unknown quantity at this point
FRC Team members at events

Hello guys,
Quick question, we are team Freedom 7231 International team from Dominican republic.
Is there a minimum of students required to be at the event? I know 10 is the minimum for the team, but is there a minimum for been present at the event?

Thanks,

osiris
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Mythically Obsessed Sorta-Leader
AKA: Danny Berkson
FRC #2491 (No Mythic)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2015
nomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud of
Re: FRC Team members at events

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisv View Post
Hello guys,
Quick question, we are team Freedom 7231 International team from Dominican republic.
Is there a minimum of students required to be at the event? I know 10 is the minimum for the team, but is there a minimum for been present at the event?

Thanks,

osiris
Well, you need two students at the VERY bare minimum, for the driver and operator. I don't think the number of students present from a team at an event is regulated, though. I would advise bringing a drive team (4 people including the coach most years, but 5 people including the coach last year), a pit crew (any number you want), and a scouting/stands crew (if you have enough people).

I'm wondering where you got the minimum of 10 people per team as well. There's a team up here in Minnesota that had three students in the 2017 season, and did quite well for themselves.

My ideas, comments, and opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my team, sponsors, or school. Always feel free to PM me.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:38 PM
FRC #4646 (Team ASAP)
Team Role: Alumni

bobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomythicalbeast View Post
I'm wondering where you got the minimum of 10 people per team as well. There's a team up here in Minnesota that had three students in the 2017 season, and did quite well for themselves.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the 2016 World Champion Team 330 only had 6 members.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:41 PM
FRC #7231 (Team Freedom)

Quote:
Well, you need two students at the VERY bare minimum, for the driver and operator. I don't think the number of students present from a team at an event is regulated, though. I would advise bringing a drive team (4 people including the coach most years, but 5 people including the coach last year), a pit crew (any number you want), and a scouting/stands crew (if you have enough people).

Thanks, the 10 minimum I read at First Site. here
"Build your team

Find and invite at least 10 students who want to be part of a robotics team (the easiest part!). Be sure to emphasize that no technical skills are required, just enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. Recruit all kinds of talents, not just engineering and electronics."
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:46 PM
FRC #2491 (No Mythic)

nomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks, the 10 minimum I read at First Site. here
"Build your team

Find and invite at least 10 students who want to be part of a robotics team (the easiest part!). Be sure to emphasize that no technical skills are required, just enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. Recruit all kinds of talents, not just engineering and electronics."
As far as I know, this isn't a rule, just a piece of advice. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't aim for 10+. It will make your life easier during build season to have that compared to only 3-5.

My ideas, comments, and opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my team, sponsors, or school. Always feel free to PM me.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:47 PM
#wheatcoastneatcoast
AKA: Devin Keeney
FRC #1982 (Cougar Robotics); Season Long Fantasy FIRST (WCNC)
Team Role: Leadership

Bkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant future

I know a certain someone who managed to be on a team all by themselves. I'm fairly certain there is no limit at all.

Moderator on the FIRSTwiki

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:48 PM
FRC #7231 (Team Freedom)

Quote:
As far as I know, this isn't a rule, just a piece of advice. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't aim for 10+. It will make your life easier during build season to have that compared to only 3-5.
Yes we have more than 10 members in the team, it is just for traveling as we are in Dominican Republic.
Thanks for the help.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Design Lead
FRC #1360 (Orbit Robotics)
Team Role: CAD

Brian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant future

Team 6339 came to McMaster last year with less than 10 students. I think the number was 6 or so. It's really difficult since there's always lots to do, but manageable Forsure. Also just a reminder to contact the event and make arrangements for batteries, since I believe you can't take them on flights.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:50 PM
FRC #2491 (No Mythic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkeeneykid View Post
I know a certain someone who managed to be on a team all by themselves. I'm fairly certain there is no limit at all.
Was this it? This is quite the inspiring story, for anyone who hasn't read it.

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...86&postcount=1

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Let's take it back...
AKA: That's a J. Dilla reference, BTW.
FRC #1293 (Pandamaniacs); FTC #11444 (Garnet Squadron)

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes we have more than 10 members in the team, it is just for traveling as we are in Dominican Republic.
Thanks for the help.
I've taken seven kids and three mentors to a regional and made alliance captain.

Keep the fundraising going to try to maximize your manpower--it is a three-day marathon, to be sure.

2004-2006: FRC 1293 (D5 Robotics) - Student, Mentor, Coach
2007-2009: FRC 1618 (Capital Robotics) - Mentor, Coach
2009-2013: FRC 2815 (Los Pollos Locos) - Mentor, Coach - Palmetto '09, Peachtree '11, Palmetto '11, Palmetto '12
2010: FRC 1398 (Keenan Robo-Raiders) - Mentor - Palmetto '10
2014-2016: FRC 4901 (Garnet Squadron) - Co-Founder and Head Bot Coach - Orlando '14, SCRIW '16
2017: FRC 5402 (Iron Kings) - Mentor, Coach
2018-: FRC 1293 (Pandamaniacs) - Mentor

106 events (more than will fit in a ChiefDelphi signature), 14 seasons, over 70,000 miles, and still on a mission from Bob.
Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Design Lead
FRC #1360 (Orbit Robotics)
Team Role: CAD

Brian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant futureBrian M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Was this it? This is quite the inspiring story, for anyone who hasn't read it.

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...86&postcount=1
There was a guy from Quebec who did it aswell.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: