OCCRA
Go to Post In my opinion, leaders do not need to be picked. They naturally emerge as time goes on and as more opportunities are presented to them. - Alex Golec [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:16 PM
He who fixes with hammers #tsimfd
AKA: Devin Castellucci
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits and 5458 Digital Minds)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
RoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond repute
Please Read The Rules Thoroughly Before Posting!

Every single person on the team, read the manual, cover to cover, NO skimming. Do not give the task of knowing the rules to a few people. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, READ THE MANUAL.

It is so very important that everyone is sharing valid ideas and using time wisely.

If you have not downloaded the encrypted game manual to some device you own, I highly suggest you do so now!

Please refrain from posting questions about the game until you have read the manual cover to cover. Please try to find the answer to your question in the manual before you ask on CD.

Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual. Read the manual.

TL;DR RTFM Plox!

Thank you for your time.
My statements are my own, not my team

12 Years and counting! Over a third of my life has been spent with FRC.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Mostly Legal Volunteer
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2016
ctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud ofctt956 has much to be proud of
Re: Please Read The Rules Thoroughly Before Posting!

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RoboChair again.
Well said.

"You know, it's amazing how many things you can take apart with just one ordinary screwdriver!" - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes
"There's nothing a little duct tape and surgical tubing can't accomplish." - Sheldon J. Plankton
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:25 PM
2079 + 246 = ALARMClocked
AKA: Nathan Shepherd
FRC #0246 (Overclocked) & #2079 (4H ALARM Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2015
NShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond reputeNShep98 has a reputation beyond repute

When I first joined in 2015, I invited one of my friends mid-season. Several weeks in, he did not realize that the green recycling bin in our lab was a game element. I immediately gave him our copy of the manual.

PLEASE read the manual. Read it over, and read it well.

FLL:
2011, 2013

FRC:
2015 - 2017 : #2079 4H ALARM Robotics (student)
2018 - present : #246 Overclocked (mentor), #2079 4H ALARM Robotics (affiliate),

Boston University Class of 2021
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:25 PM

RoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt956 View Post
Haven't had someone post that about me yet!

BTW here is the link to the Encrypted Game Manual and Field Drawings(which will be intermittently available for download after the game reveal[and actually able to download many hours later after the server is no longer swamped]).

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:27 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

And, if you "don't wanna" read the manual...

Then at least do everybody a favor and read some CD threads in case somebody ELSE didn't get the memo, and asked if they can use hydraulics to aim their steam cannon (BTW, the answer for the last 25 years has been "No", just so everybody's aware--but that doesn't mean it won't change for 2017). Search is in the orange bar near the top of every page.

On second thought... Maybe it's just easier to read the Manual.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:34 PM

I know that the posts asking for info that is clearly laid forth in the rules will still happen, but if this thread stops at least 2 threads it will have been worth it.

Is there any way that the mods could sticky this or some manner of announcement for the weekend? If they feel it might do any good.

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

Robochair, when I saw your earlier post on this subject, my only modificaition was to remind people to keep up with the Q&A and Team Updates. Spot on.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.

Last edited by GeeTwo : 01-06-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: