Go to Post What? Thinking is required? I certainly hope not! If so, I'm toast! - Robert Cawthon [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System > FRC Control System
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Drive/Programming/Webmaster
AKA: Nathan Strodtbeck
FRC #5980 (East Grand Rapids Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2016
NathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really nice
Exclamation Random Connection Drop

Would rather figure this problem out myself but as the build deadline looms I need rather quick. the code team has had some problems with both of our robots lately. After driving for a bit the bot just drops connection in the Driver Station all while maintaining connection to the radio itself. The solution has been close the DS and power cycle the bot but that is simply unacceptable. The error in the console reads as follows:
Quote:
Warning 44004 FRC: The Driver Station has lost communication with the robot. Driver Station
Warning 44002 Ping Results: link-bad, DS radio(.4)-bad, robot radio(.1)-GOOD, cRIO(.2)-GOOD, FMS-bad FRC: Driver Station ping status has changed.
I have no robot code or communications on the main tab but in Diagnostics I have Robot Radio, Robot, and Wifi all green.

If you could offer some help it would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Its not about the robot"
"Build A Robot, Build a Team, Build a Future"
"Robots is hard"
DRIVE TEAM Operator 2016: Worlds St. Louis | Driver 2017: Worlds St. Louis | Driver 2018: Worlds Detroit
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2018, 02:55 PM
AKA: Connor Murphy
FRC #0716 (WHO'S C-TEKS)
Team Role: Programmer

livia.13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Random Connection Drop

We had the same issue-whenever we went over a bump, the VRM to radio wires would drop out, due to the fact that the wires were loose

We had this problem before-we lost connection but remained connected to the camera-our Robo RIO image was outdated (this issue happens a lot in 2018, version 16). The most recent version is version 17-we haven't been having this issue since upgrading

Good luck!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2018, 02:59 PM
FRC #0263 (Aftershock)

Dan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanStro View Post
Would rather figure this problem out myself but as the build deadline looms I need rather quick. the code team has had some problems with both of our robots lately. After driving for a bit the bot just drops connection in the Driver Station all while maintaining connection to the radio itself. The solution has been close the DS and power cycle the bot but that is simply unacceptable. The error in the console reads as follows:

I have no robot code or communications on the main tab but in Diagnostics I have Robot Radio, Robot, and Wifi all green.

If you could offer some help it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Are you printing out anything? There was an issue with WPILib at launch which would cause robot code to crash and not be recovered if RIOLog had a large volume of IO. Taking out print statements fixed this issue for us. Also check if you have a firewall up.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2018, 03:10 PM
Mentor!
AKA: Eric Pylko
FRC #3181 (Pittsford Panthers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1970
epylko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Waxman View Post
Are you printing out anything? There was an issue with WPILib at launch which would cause robot code to crash and not be recovered if RIOLog had a large volume of IO. Taking out print statements fixed this issue for us. Also check if you have a firewall up.
I think that issue was fixed in the NI Update that came out last week. http://www.ni.com/download/first-rob...-2017/7183/en/
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2018, 03:12 PM
FRC #0263 (Aftershock)

Dan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to beholdDan Waxman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by epylko View Post
I think that issue was fixed in the NI Update that came out last week. http://www.ni.com/download/first-rob...-2017/7183/en/
It was, that's why I mentioned at launch. But if they haven't updated since launch, it will still be an issue for them.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Drive/Programming/Webmaster
AKA: Nathan Strodtbeck
FRC #5980 (East Grand Rapids Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

NathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really niceNathanStro is just really nice

Thanks everyone! my short term solution is removing all system.out.prinln actions. I read up and learned that the error was caused by an overload on console log inputs. We were printing out the throttle and wheel power every .2 seconds and now that it is removed we are all good. Thanks again. (don't worry we will get that update suite done soon.)

"Its not about the robot"
"Build A Robot, Build a Team, Build a Future"
"Robots is hard"
DRIVE TEAM Operator 2016: Worlds St. Louis | Driver 2017: Worlds St. Louis | Driver 2018: Worlds Detroit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: