Go to Post ...the great teams in FRC will probably continue to be great teams. That is because they have great people who embrace the challenge rather than whine about it. - dtengineering [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Motors
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:14 PM
AKA: -matto-
FRC #1410 (Kraken)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
aldaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond repute
Data sheet for Denso Window Motor with Metal Gear

Hi folks,

I have been scouring the internet looking for the specs on the Denso PN E6DF-14A365-BB motor from FIRST Choice (http://www.firstchoicebyandymark.com/en/fc14-068).

This is the one with the metal gear, not the typical plastic gear.

I did find an old model on http://www.firstcadlibrary.com/ but I am unsure of its accuracy because the STEP model there has an 8 tooth gear and the real part has 9 teeth.

I also found that this was used on some year of Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable (thanks eBay).

What I really want to know is what the specs on the gear are (upon measurement it appears to be a 9 Tooth 12 DP gear) and if anyone has a drawing or model with the location of the holes from the center axis of the output shaft.

I am going to try to call Denso and see what I can find, but I am not holding my breath

Thanks for the help!

-matto-

Last edited by aldaeron : 01-22-2014 at 10:16 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:47 PM
FRC #1410 (Kraken)

aldaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond reputealdaeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Data sheet for Denso Window Motor with Metal Gear

Update: This is also known by a few other names and parts numbers

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...9-p#fragment-2

http://www.amazon.com/ACI-83695-Powe.../dp/B000BZ9BBS

Still no drawing yet =(

Last edited by aldaeron : 01-22-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Typo
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2014, 11:26 PM
AKA: Nick Aarestad
FRC #2220 (Blue Twilight) & FTC 9205 (The Iron Maidens)

Rookie Year: 2009
cadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond repute

I read the thread title and wondered where you got a Metal Gear from amd why you would attach a window motor to a twenty foot tall bipedal mech.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the model/drawings.

Never assume the motives of others are, to them, less noble than yours are to you. - John Perry Barlow
grabcad | twitter | github
MN FTC Field Manager, FTA, CSA, Emcee
FLL Maybe NXT Year (09-10) -> FRC 2220 (11-14) -> FTC 9205(14-?)/FRC 2667 (15-16) -> FRC 2220 (18-??)
VEXU UMN (2015-17)
Volunteer since 2011
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2014, 11:54 AM
FRC #1410 (Kraken)

Update #2: E6DF-14A365-BB is a Ford Part Number, 062100-1941 is the Denso Part Number. This part was apparently designed for Ford by Denso and then sold to them. I couldn't find any way to get in touch with a Ford Engineering contact via google. Are there any teams out there in Michigan with a Ford Engineer as a mentor or have a sponsor relationship with Ford? Can you please try to get a PDF of the drawing for Ford PN E6DF-14A365-BB with some dimensions?

Thanks!

-matto-
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2014, 09:03 PM
FRC #1410 (Kraken)

I actually was able to get a call back from an OEM vendor with measurements!!!! Enjoy the attached!

-matto-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Window Motor Mounting.PDF (486.3 KB, 315 views)
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:55 PM
FRC #5257

naldarn is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.firstcadlibrary.com/pages...al%20parts.asp

N-D Gear Coupling

This is the coupler with 9 gear teeth.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: