OCCRA
Go to Post Is it really only 5 axes? It looks like that thing could bend time and space. - EricVanWyk [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > FIRST In the News...
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM
r0b0t Girl Forever
AKA: Monique Dituri
FRC #3314 (Mechanical Mustangs)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
mdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond reputemdituri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unfortunate Title in Local Newspaper about our Team

How about:

Penn Robotics Returns from the World Championship!

Loses what...doesn't bring home a ridiculously huge trophy like the cheerleaders when then get 3rd or 4th place. They lost their faith in the local news for certain.
Week 5: Montgomery MAR district event

Week 6: MAR District Championship
Week 8: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SOUTH

It is impossible to teach without the courage to love, without the courage to try a thousand times before giving up.-- Paulo Freire

Montclair Society of Engineers Board of Directors, Secretary & Robotics Liaison
WiPro Science Scholar Fellow 2013-2015 & Chemistry Teacher - Clifton High
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 10:01 AM
AKA: Aidan Palonis
FRC #0135 (Penn Robotics)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2008
adpalonis19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the support. Dispite the article title we are all proud of our teams', and everyone else's accompaniments this season. Already looking forward to next year!
Alliance Partners: 292, 447, 1529, 3559, 45, 1718, 1918, 4362
2017:
St. Joseph Host/Semi Finalist, Perry DCA/3rd Alliance Captain/ Semifinalist, INDCMP Chairman's Award/First Alliance Captain/Quarterfinalist, St. Louis Champs 4th Seed Alliance Captain/Quarter Finalist
Alliance Partners: 461, 3865, 1018, 1741, 234, 3147, 4003, 6329, 4961

#18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Mentor
FRC #3081 (RoBoEaGleS)

Rookie Year: 2011
Camren is a glorious beacon of lightCamren is a glorious beacon of lightCamren is a glorious beacon of lightCamren is a glorious beacon of lightCamren is a glorious beacon of light

No such thing as bad press.
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Mad Scientist
AKA: Me
FRC #2040 (DERT)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Daniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Daniel_LaFleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpalonis19 View Post
Thank you all for the support. Dispite the article title we are all proud of our teams', and everyone else's accompaniments this season. Already looking forward to next year!
Might I suggest the team write an Op-Ed critiquing the story, correcting any (and all) inaccuracies, and showing what true gracious professionalism means.
- Tennyson, Ulysses

Last edited by Daniel_LaFleur : 05-01-2017 at 11:31 AM.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 10:37 AM
FRC 2959 Alumna
AKA: Michelle Lester
FRC #5484 (Memento Vitam)

Rookie Year: 2013
beurwonderwall is a glorious beacon of lightbeurwonderwall is a glorious beacon of lightbeurwonderwall is a glorious beacon of lightbeurwonderwall is a glorious beacon of lightbeurwonderwall is a glorious beacon of lightbeurwonderwall is a glorious beacon of light

I commented on the article, but I'll voice my thoughts here as well. This is a terrible representation of the wonderful South Bend community. After a long weekend at Worlds, the last thing you want to do is wake up to an article like that.

Stay positive, Penn! You guys represented the greater South Bend area so well.

(I'll also say that it's a shame that the article was so short. South Bend sent 2 FLL teams, 1 FTC team, and 1 FRC team! That is INCREDIBLE! The work being done by Penn, the Boys and Girls Club, the Ethos Science Center, and GEARS should be showcased in a positive light! Penn has made it to Worlds 18 seasons out of twenty! What an amazing accomplishment. Not to mention, their District Championship Chairmans Award! GEARS has 3 FTC teams, and the 3 ended up being the top teams in the state. The newspaper did the community a disservice by not mentioning these amazing feats.)
---1 Blue Banner (IN St Joseph Champion, 3 Awards, and 1 Year and COUNTING!
Head Coach of FTC Team 12014 (The Fire Wires) (2016-????)
---2 Event Wins (NorWestIn Champion and Bash on the Wabash Champion), 1 Time State Finalist, 1 Rookie Sensation Award, and 1 Year and COUNTING!

Starting the robot revolution at Saint Mary's College and The University of Notre Dame. Go Belles and go Irish!
My opinions are mine and mine only, and do not reflect the views of my team(s).
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Ex-Captain/Drive-Coach
FRC #2834 (The Bionic Black Hawks)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
ajay16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read this "article" before coming to this page as it was suggested by Google to me. Honestly I don't understand how a company could even post something like that. Sure you didn't win, but making it to stl is far from a loss. There are well over 4000 teams in FIRST last I heard (probably undershooting it) and you obviously did well to make it there. If I were you I would call the editor and explain this to them. They obviously don't know how to write an article and should be shown what FIRST really is about.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:25 AM
AKA: Ryan Blue
FRC #1018 (Pike RoboDevils)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
firecrafty will become famous soon enoughfirecrafty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay16 View Post
I read this "article" before coming to this page as it was suggested by Google to me. Honestly I don't understand how a company could even post something like that. Sure you didn't win, but making it to stl is far from a loss. There are well over 4000 teams in FIRST last I heard (probably undershooting it) and you obviously did well to make it there. If I were you I would call the editor and explain this to them. They obviously don't know how to write an article and should be shown what FIRST really is about.
Let alone ranking 4th on Carson!
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 12:11 PM
AKA: Richard Roe
FRC #6538 (Linc-Bots)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2014
MrRoeLincoln is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a PR media relations team might be on the list for next year. Still waiting on our coverage here in Ypsilanti, MI.
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 01:13 PM
He who fixes with hammers #tsimfd
AKA: Devin Castellucci
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits and 5458 Digital Minds)

Rookie Year: 2005
RoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond repute

The title of the article has been changed!

Quote:
Penn robotics team fourth in their division

12 Years and counting! Over a third of my life has been spent with FRC.
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 01:35 PM
FRC #4967 (That ONE Team)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2015
Joey Jordan has a spectacular aura aboutJoey Jordan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboChair View Post
The title of the article has been changed!
Just clicked on the article again and saw this! Congratulations guys! You deserve the recognition.
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Travis Hoffman's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
O-H
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Travis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, a 2-for-1 special!

http://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-...s-competition/

"For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) Robotics teams from Girard and Warren G. Harding high schools were eliminated from the world championship competition last week in St. Louis."

Travis Hoffman, Enginerd, FRC Team 48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E.
Encouraging Learning in Technology and Engineering - www.delphielite.com
2017 Miami Valley Regional Champions w/ 2451 & 4085
2017 Smoky Mountains Regional Champions w/ 744 & 3140
NEOFRA - Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance - www.neofra.com

Last edited by Travis Hoffman : 05-01-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: