Go to Post FRC is about what we collectively make of it. - Tristan Lall [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2017, 05:35 PM
4513 Alum
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
FRC #4513 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Championship Robot Mechanism Pictures 2017

4513's active, moving gear mechanism. Once we get the bot back ill take more in depth photos/video and explain how everything works better.

General Showing of our gear mechanism
Playlist of GoPro Footage inside the robot at PNW DCMP

Small highlight vid of our robot from DCMP from matches done day 1 (i was hoping to make a better, fuller one for CMP but we did not bring a TV so the idea was scrapped. I may make one after i get the CMP gopro footage and DCMP footage if it is wanted.)
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2017, 12:52 PM
AKA: Andrew Weissman
FRC #1640 (Sab-BOT-age)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Drewit is a splendid one to beholdDrewit is a splendid one to beholdDrewit is a splendid one to beholdDrewit is a splendid one to beholdDrewit is a splendid one to beholdDrewit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewit View Post
This is awesome! I'll upload some photos in the coming days of robots that I was able to get pictures of as well. Does anyone know if a similar album exists for photos from Houston Champs? If so, could you please link to it in this thread? Thanks!
As promised, here are the photos I took at the 2017 St. Louis Championship (forewarning, I don't claim to be a professional photographer, or even a hobbyist. I just wanted better pictures than my iPhone could provide):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1k?usp=sharing

Admittedly there are a lot from 254 (we had to walk right by them to get to our pit ), including a movie of their gear pickup mechanism, which was spring-loaded to allow it to constantly remain flat to the floor without digging, even as their robot rocked back and forth. It's really cool!
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2017, 06:10 PM
AKA: Eli Barnett
FRC #0449 (The Blair Robot Project)

Rookie Year: 2008
Oblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond reputeOblarg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikLast View Post
4513's active, moving gear mechanism. Once we get the bot back ill take more in depth photos/video and explain how everything works better.
We discussed (and bought parts for) basically exactly this, but ultimately deemed it unnecessary as the peg was fairly tolerant to misalignment. How useful did you find it, overall?

Member, FRC Team 449: 2007-2010
Drive Mechanics Lead, FRC Team 449: 2009-2010
Alumnus/Technical Mentor, FRC Team 449: 2010-Present
Lead Technical Mentor, FRC Team 4464: 2012-2015
Technical Mentor, FRC Team 5830: 2015-2016
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2017, 06:29 PM
4513 Alum
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
FRC #4513 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblarg View Post
We discussed (and bought parts for) basically exactly this, but ultimately deemed it unnecessary as the peg was fairly tolerant to misalignment. How useful did you find it, overall?
We went with it after deciding mecanum would pose a bigger issue than their usefulness for us, and we are very much happy to of gone this route. Most alignments were done with the mech itself instead of the robot, and though it was controlled by a window motor it was quicker than moving the bot itself in most cases, especially when our driver/operator were working together.The beginning of this vid shows how quick it can be
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Gunning for Blue in 2018
AKA: Porkchop Sandwiches
FRC #2170 (Titanium Tomahawks)

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to revive this thread to get more people to post links to any good robot mechanism photos they have.

Please upload any photos you may have to Allen's links:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenGregoryIV View Post
Spectrum will putting together a gallery to help with this and thanks for the idea Akash we'll start tagging specific mechanisms and build up galleries for shooters, gear intakes, etc.

Anyone that wants to contribute IRI photos can upload them to this link. Spectrum will then tag items in the coming weeks with team numbers and mechanisms.

https://spectrum3847.smugmug.com/upload/V6w896/IRI2017

If you want to upload robot mechanism photos that aren't from IRI feel free to put them here.

https://spectrum3847.smugmug.com/upload/NXzsKj/robots
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP (OG)
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Drive it like you stole it
AKA: Julia Cecchetti
FRC #0291 (CIA: Creativity in Action)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2015
Classified* is a splendid one to beholdClassified* is a splendid one to beholdClassified* is a splendid one to beholdClassified* is a splendid one to beholdClassified* is a splendid one to beholdClassified* is a splendid one to beholdClassified* is a splendid one to behold

I took tons of photos of a lot of the robots at Saint Louis. I'm happy to share!

Here is a drive with all of them. all of the pictures are named with their respective team number.

I went around and talked to as many teams as I could and asked questions and took pictures.

2017 WOW Championship Finalist with 4145, 3138, and 3511
2016 Rachacha Ruckus Finalist with 5406 and 639
2015 Rachacha Ruckus Finalist with 1126 and 5406
2015 NEOFRA MVRC Finalist with 48 and 379
2015 Buckeye Regional Finalist with 48 and 5413
Team291.com
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Gunning for Blue in 2018
AKA: Porkchop Sandwiches
FRC #2170 (Titanium Tomahawks)

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified* View Post
I took tons of photos of a lot of the robots at Saint Louis. I'm happy to share!

Here is a drive with all of them. all of the pictures are named with their respective team number.

I went around and talked to as many teams as I could and asked questions and took pictures.
You are my absolute hero right now. These are excellent!!!
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP (OG)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: