OCCRA
Go to Post Are you prepared to be a team member? - JaneYoung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: What is the Craziest thing you have done with duck tape?
Made a wallet 7 31.82%
Made animals 0 0%
Made clothing 1 4.55%
Other 18 81.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-14-2002, 11:38 PM
n.e.r.d #6
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Jon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond repute
What is the Craziest thing YOU have done with duck tape

What is the craziest/funniest thing YOU !! have done with duck tape?

i made a wallet and am planning on making a full size backpack out of the sticky stuff

Edit*

for other explain in post

Alumnus of FLL 2000 ~ Alumnus of FRC173 2002-2005 ~ Mentor of FRC173 2006-2007 ~ Mentor of FRC 3780 2014
FIRST Volunteer since 2003
Manufacturing Manager
AndyMark, Inc.
http://www.andymark.com

Last edited by Jon K. : 08-14-2002 at 11:40 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-14-2002, 11:40 PM
Missing In Action
#0247 ('da bears)
Team Role: Alumni

DanLevin247 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to DanLevin247
I voted for OTHER.....cause i have never used duct tape in a manner that is out of the ordinary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.....then it's hillarious!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Groovy!
#0862 (Lightning)

MBiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MBiddy
You don't even want to KNOW the craziest thing I did with duct tape.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 02:32 AM
DC Robotics
FRC #2914 (Tiger Pride)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Wetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wetzel
I plead the 5th.

Wetzel
~~~~~~~~~~
Ask me in 2 years when the statue of limitations is over.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 03:35 AM
Political Junkie
AKA: Kerry Girl
#0691 (Hart Burn)

Rookie Year: 2001
Kristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
geez, vague answers people.

I've helped duct tape a person like 5 feet off of the ground during a football rally. Between ASB (student gov), where we hang up posters everyday and robotics, I've used up so many rolls!

AIM: Doanie8
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 05:59 AM
I like my hammer...
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Melissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Melissa Nute
I've made a couple of wallets, jewelry, and right now I'm in the process of making duck tape pants, though i'll prolly never finish them...
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 07:54 AM
Soudeska?

Chris Nowak is an unknown quantity at this point
Its something we threaten the annoying kids on the team with....but we only duct taped someone once.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 08:04 AM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish
Hmm...I made a bookbag...well...so maybe I just _covered_ a bookbag...but still. I made gloves. First layer: sticky side out. Then I covered the sticky side with more duct tape. I then extended them into elbow-length gloves. Sadly, I made them too tight and had to cut off the large arms. (and the fingers...but that was because I couldn't get the first layer around my fingers so they stuck together) I still have one of them. Made my hands sweat quite a bit.
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 08:49 AM
mmm... robots...
#0263 (Aftershock)

Melancholy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Melancholy
ever see the white duct tape, that doenst really look like duct tape, but it is? that stuff scares me.

you forgot to include tying someone down with duct tape.
such as freshmen, for example. actually, the one freshman on our team wasn't even worthy of wasting duct tape on. we used masking tape.

Melancholy <3 Chubtoad
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 08:56 AM
#0122 (Nasa Knights)

srawls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to srawls
see this and this

now, i'm probably an odd ball here, but i've only actually used duct tape to *gasp* hold things together

Stephen
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2002, 12:55 PM
General Manager
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Erin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Erin Rapacki
Room idea!

I've used duct tape to stick those useless aol CD's to my wall (shiney side up) when you get a lot of them together it looks like one cool messed up mirror
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Now at sub 14's in a 5000lb vehicle
AKA: Maher Attallah
FRC #0005 (Robocards)

Rookie Year: 2000
Matt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Attallah Send a message via MSN to Matt Attallah Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Attallah
Re: What is the Craziest thing YOU have done with duck tape

Quote:
Originally posted by jk2005
What is the craziest/funniest thing YOU !! have done with duck tape?

i made a wallet and am planning on making a full size backpack out of the sticky stuff

Edit*

for other explain in post
I've stayed away from this thread for long enough! People that have noticed me, , know i am the one upsessed w/ duck tape! (DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK, not duct!!) And i had to allow every one to know that I AM THE DUCK TAPE RULER!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!

(sorry, i had to post! i went temporarly insane!)
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Mentor
AKA: Tom McLean
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
tjrage_25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tjrage_25
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-17-2002, 07:08 PM
n.e.r.d #6
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Jon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond reputeJon K. has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation WARNING

dont go to that link above it has a trojan virus according to the recent Mcaffee scan thingy In one of the pop up windows

Alumnus of FLL 2000 ~ Alumnus of FRC173 2002-2005 ~ Mentor of FRC173 2006-2007 ~ Mentor of FRC 3780 2014
FIRST Volunteer since 2003
Manufacturing Manager
AndyMark, Inc.
http://www.andymark.com

Last edited by Jon K. : 08-17-2002 at 07:11 PM.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-17-2002, 07:21 PM
aKa - Steve Bennett
FRC #0125 (NUtrons)
Team Role: College Student

DaBruteForceGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DaBruteForceGuy
STUPIDITY ON THE WORKSITE

And now for another example of what NOT to do the the worksite...

I work with a construction company during the summer. Most of the other employees are immegrnts, mostly Hispanics, and bearly speak a word of english. one of my coworkers was using a saw-zall when the blade brakes. Now i was running a temporary run of PVC tp the back yard and was using DUCK-tape to put them together. He comes up to me asking for something in spanish (a new blade) i being totaly delirious to anything figures he wants the ductpe in my hand so i hand it to him . He shrugs and takes it from me. Then he takes the two peices of blade, meticulousy tapes them together and wraps it as tightly as he can. When he trys to cut the 2x4 the blade snaps off. He drops the sawzall, which in turn hits somebody working below him causing him to fall and sprain his ankle!
Guess whos paycheck the emergancy room fees are taken out of...

MORAL IS... If ur gonna be a contracter LEARN SPANISH! and avoid the use of ductape

---The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist hopes that the wind will change... the realist adjusts the sail.
***<Therapist> Tell me, is the glass half full or half empty?
***<Engineer> Neither, the glass is too big.---

....Uh, GO NUTRONS!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: