Go to Post For our next exercise, we should define Beauty and Truth. :) - Taylor [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
  #1591   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Student at Kettering University
AKA: Kimberly
FRC #0068 (Truck Town Thunder)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
Kimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond reputeKimmeh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Kimmeh
Re: You know you've overdosed on FIRST when...

When you still can't accept the fact that you're not going to nationals. And it's not because you had an awesome robot or because you felt you "deserved" to go. When it's because your schedule just opened up and you don't know what you'll do with all that free time...

When you get home from a competition and need a tool and you turn to grab it from it's location in the pits.

When you reference the number of safety tokens you earned to a FIRST team. (We had 47 )

When you know you're going to spend 3 days on your feet, you're going to lose your voice, run on sugar and adrenaline, eat the world's worst food for your body, and get NO sleep, and you know that you'll still be fine.

When you've considered a failing your senior year to spend another year with your team. (Instead, I think I might take a gap year between hs and college.)
[2009 - 2010] 2604 Metal and Soul| Student | 2010 - Gracious Professionalism Award, UL Industrial Safety Award
  #1592   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Alumni
FRC #1807 (Redbird Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
pacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to pacoliketaco Send a message via Yahoo to pacoliketaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeh View Post
When you know you're going to spend 3 days on your feet, you're going to lose your voice, run on sugar and adrenaline, eat the world's worst food for your body, and get NO sleep, and you know that you'll still be fine.
after two regionals back to back, i felt so horrible. but its always worth it, but wow does your body start to hurt after not eating real food for awhile. i think i would have fallen asleep while driving if it want for adrenaline.

2009 NYC Winner - 56 and 1796
(2009 Regional Record: 18-0-7 wins/ties/losses)
  #1593   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Precision Driver Extraordinaire
AKA: Richard Raitt
FRC #1793 (Pilots)

Rookie Year: 2006
NorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond repute

You replaced the picture of your girlfriend on your phone's background for one of your robot.
I was in Scouts but I wanted out by the third meeting. I was in TSA, but I quit after a couple of weeks. I don't go camping with the SCA anymore. I was in taekwondo but I had to leave because I got sick.
I joined FIRST and stuck with it. It was nice enough to return the favor.

#1594   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 12:19 AM
AKA: Abby
FRC #0216 (ROBODAWGS OTL)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2009
dragonrulr288 is a jewel in the roughdragonrulr288 is a jewel in the roughdragonrulr288 is a jewel in the rough

lol this one is my coach's!

at the airport, when talking on the phone with annother mentor, talking about the B.O.M. [bill of materials] and having security pass you. you pronounce B.O.M. as the word bomb. security.. well, isnt very happy with you!
  #1595   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 08:29 AM
the nerdy-hippie
AKA: Mr.Gamer
FRC #0180 (S.P.A.M.)
Team Role: College Student

typharn91 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to typharn91

when your at work and every other total your almost positive is a team that was at the regional you went to or one you watched the webcast of
  #1596   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:12 AM
FRC #2655 (Flying PlatyPi)

Rookie Year: 2008
PlatyPi Gunner is an unknown quantity at this point

-when you close your eyes and see robots running into each other
-when you still think winning your first regional was just a dream
-when upsetting the 1 seed as 8 seed and winning said regional made your more excited then when you beat your HS football rival for the first time in 11 years

Last edited by PlatyPi Gunner : 03-29-2009 at 09:27 AM.
  #1597   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Precision Driver Extraordinaire
AKA: Richard Raitt
FRC #1793 (Pilots)

NorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond repute

When you catch a bit of a football game in the hotel lobby, see the coach on the sideline, and think, "Hey, where are his safety glasses?!"
I was in Scouts but I wanted out by the third meeting. I was in TSA, but I quit after a couple of weeks. I don't go camping with the SCA anymore. I was in taekwondo but I had to leave because I got sick.
I joined FIRST and stuck with it. It was nice enough to return the favor.

#1598   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
FAIL = First Attempt In Learning
AKA: Zygmont
FRC #0708 (Hatters Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2007
ezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant futureezygmont708 has a brilliant future

When you Stay up all night writing grant applications to various organizations, get dressed, go to work, and realize that it is Sunday when you set off the Alarm!!!

48 Hours without sleep and still writing... and it's almost coherent!!!
  #1599   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Intermittent Mentor
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
Cascade is a splendid one to beholdCascade is a splendid one to beholdCascade is a splendid one to beholdCascade is a splendid one to beholdCascade is a splendid one to beholdCascade is a splendid one to beholdCascade is a splendid one to behold

When you have worn a hole in the arena floor from the pacing back and forth hoping you are watching your first regional win ever!

Oh my aching feet!
  #1600   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 11:18 PM
FRC #0360

Neidi Poole is an unknown quantity at this point

you spell ATLANTA in all caps

you pray for the competition and your entire class knows what you are talking about because you've said it so many times
  #1601   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2009, 11:50 PM
AKA: Zeno Le Héricy
FRC #2915 (Riverdale Robotics Pandamonium)

Rookie Year: 2000
ZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really nice

When it takes having the regional director of your FIRST program giving you a hug as you high-five the judges to make you realize YOU'RE GOING TO ATLANTA... (and, as a plus, you have tears of joy pouring off your face the whole time)

Thanks Deb !!!! (Debra Mumm-Hill is the Pacific Northwest regional director)

#1602   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Hacker
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)
Team Role: Programmer

nathanww is just really nicenathanww is just really nicenathanww is just really nicenathanww is just really nice

...When you wake up at 1 in the morning, scribble a note about debugging image processing on your arm, and fall back asleep

...when you're convinced that your robot is actually plotting against you

...when you decide that a cRIO isn't that bad of a pillow after all
  #1603   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Mech Eng Student at Waterloo
AKA: Cale Peister
FRC #0781 (Kinetic Knights)

cpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to cpeister

When your friends get angry with you because you are constantly talking about robotics. They end up abandoning the few of you that are on the team and walk away. They also get angry when facebook threads get overrun with robotics talk.

Attended: WAT'07, WAT'08, GTR'08, WAT'09, GTR'09, WAT'10, GTR'10, WAT'11, GTRE/W'11, BUCKEYE'11, CMP'11, GTRE'12, WAT'12, GTRW'12, WAT'13, WAT'14, WAT '15
  #1604   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2009, 01:09 AM
AKA: Kris
FRC #4392 (Decievers) FRC #2075 (Enigma)

kgzak is a splendid one to beholdkgzak is a splendid one to beholdkgzak is a splendid one to beholdkgzak is a splendid one to beholdkgzak is a splendid one to beholdkgzak is a splendid one to beholdkgzak is a splendid one to behold

When you get a toolbox for christmas and immediately say "this won't hold all my tools"

Your teacher says this isn't rocket science and you think to yourself "rocket science is easier"

when the robotics season is over you go home and build your own robot because you have nothing better to do.

you think in if statements
  #1605   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Kathleen
AKA: Kathleen Daniels
FRC #2642 (Pitt Pirates)
Team Role: Leadership

katd30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to katd30

On your 8 hour drive back from Atlanta you begin re-writing songs to have FIRST related lyrics
(We started with the 12 Days of Competition and Dean Had a Little Plan, which were the 2 remotely decent ones, and progressed on to Oops I Broke the Robot, Build Build Build Your Bot and I've Been Working On The Robot. We were getting pretty delusional...)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: